Currency exchange - Lift the ceiling prices and let the market modifies itself

Kozuki

Currently, at the rate 1:2, when people have done venting their gold supply for HMcoin, the currency exchange is now pretty much not very lively. It means that the ceiling should be lifted to promote more gold selling.

Having the rate at 1:2, while obviously benefiting gold-buyers, it also not actually healthy for F10 sales. 500g to change name/appearance, 500-1,000g per outfit bundle vs 300g and 300-600g. NCWest also reduces gold income from older dungeons, which make gold more scarce. All of this combined make players become more stingy to exchange gold for HMcoin. No one want to sell gold -> no Ncoin buyers, cuz they don't have anything to buy.

So yeah, just lift the 1:2 and put it to 1:5, and let the market decides the price itself.

The whole system is a fluke, it should be a free market with minimum input of 100 gold. 

But then you get people welling at 1:1 vause they dont value their gold. 

A solution is having a npc buy gold for like min1:2,5 and putting market at minium 1:5 

If market goes up 1.10 thr npc can sell at like 1:4

• 3 weeks later...

On a less system-disliking level and a more physical-problem level: some of us can't play as long as other players (for me, I have carpal tunnel, so I really can't be on long), so it'd be nice if what small amount of gold I can earn would actually be worth something in the currency exchange, because I actually like cosmetics and char changes.

Just raise the gold exchange prices/ceiling back to what it previously allowed, because I'm pretty sure the cap got lowered recently. I know you want money, game creators, but I want my hands to survive, and I also want sick cosmetics, yo. I can't rly even play the game rn because it's #NotValue

I used to be an avid gold seller on F9, but then I took an arrow to the knee. 

Sorry for the old meme. But the selling part was true, because I used to be a sucker for outfits, willing to sacrifice my characters' growth for outfits. I have never cared for trove either, just F10 outfits. 

However, during the last 2 months, I didn't sell any gold because selling at 1:2.0 is a little too low for me: 

I'm a player who has seen f9 in better days, where you could sell for 1:8.0 or 1:6.0.... (I started at around the end of last year) I know making gold is very easy now, especially if you are an experienced player who knows the way of manipulating market, or have multiple characters to do daily dungeons on - I'm the latter case. Even when F9 fell to 1:3.0 I still found F9 to be Ok. But then when F9 got locked to 1:2 like this, and that older dungeons got nerfed as far as gold rewards go, I started to have this feeling of guilt and unease whenever I tried putting my gold on... It was like my time is so cheapened now. Like dirt cheap... I pretty much felt discouraged, borderline on being disrespected/insulted if I were to sell my gold with that value. That feeling didn't bode well for me (still doesn't), which resulted in me finding it's not worth doing F9 now. Even when I see good looking outfits on F10 these days I would only be like: "Oh, damn.." Then shrug it off. No F10 for me from now on I guess. :D

If I want to buy upgrade materials, I would just buy straight from F5 or farm for them, no point in using F10 daily deals. 

I don't even do trove so yeah... But as far as trove goes, I think people would just hook up with other people they know and sell gold directly to them for trove keys, no point in using F9.

These are my 2 cents.

30 minutes ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

I'm a player who has seen f9 in better days, where you could sell for 1:8.0 or 1:6.0

I remember the days when gold went for 1:100 and 1:80 :) 

So the ratings of 1:8 and lower - already made me question if i should bother. But then they start to do daily f10 with some good stuff in it, on which i could actually make money reselling it on f5. So i continued to sell gold.

Atm - there is no point for me in selling gold 1:2, as i still have plenty of HM coins in my reserves. Even tho ppl will start to sell gold again when the rng boxes appear next week.

I simply don't understand why there's a max/min ratio. People want to sell gold high and buy cheap, market is working just fine without any blockade. Why is it on this feature? No one will get real money through this anyways. Why are you forcing paying players to buy gold through buying stuff from daily deal and selling it on the market? 

1 hour ago, Abbys said:

I simply don't understand why there's a max/min ratio. People want to sell gold high and buy cheap, market is working just fine without any blockade. Why is it on this feature? No one will get real money through this anyways. Why are you forcing paying players to buy gold through buying stuff from daily deal and selling it on the market? 

It's business for NCSOFT. They can manipulate offers that way to their likings. If they make gold ratio for cheaper NCoin, more people will spent NCoin to buy gold (profit for NCSOFT). If the ratio however rises, less people will buy gold using NCoin (less profit for NCSOFT).

That's how it goes. They will most likely rise it again back to 1:3 after patch since almost nobody is selling gold anymore. It's about offer and demand.

The players however could use this method to their own likings as well, by doing the exact method NCSOFT uses. To not actually sell any gold and force NCSOFT to rise the ratio again. However, NCSOFT then will again add something worthy to the micro-transaction store like Premium Transformation Stones, Pets or Outfits. There will be enough players who will not be able to resist selling gold again regardless of the bad ratio. At the same time the In-Game economy gets a huge impact from that due to influence from the micro-transactions.

The players will have to bleed for it, while NCSOFT gains from them.

This is why micro-transactions and real-money currency exchanges are bad for games.

Ye, you can call it "abuse" if you want. Such features are bad for games, only good for making profit for the company by abusing their games. But you can't expect much from NCSOFT. They decided to go with this kind of business model with Blade & Soul. This is also one of the big reasons why players are quitting the game for good.

Archived