When will the game get difficult?

RainTears

Most dungeons on hard mode can provide a decent challenge, especially if you're not experienced with the dungeon and don't have a whale party. These dungeons feature mechanics that usually take at least 2 players to execute correctly and usually the entire party will need to at least understand these mechanics in order not to wipe the party. Unfortunately, people are always looking for easy dungeon clears and probably won't accept you into a hard mode party until you've got too much gear for the dungeon to begin with. 

Normal mode dungeons tend to feature the same mechanics, but less frequently, less difficult to execute, and usually don't cause a party wipe if you fail them. In most normal dungeons, people ignore the mechanics completely and just braindead DPS the boss. Compared to the old dungeons from beta (blue dungeons and BSC), all newer dungeons are more complicated.

In case you find these dungeons too easy you can provide yourself with a challenge by soloing them. Avalanche Den and Heaven's Mandate can be soloed with a-little-bit-more-than-story-gear if you know what you're doing and give you an achievement for doing so. Lair of the Frozen Fang, Cold Storage, Shattered Masts, EC and DT are all soloable (the gear level needed for these varies). Obviously soloing a dungeon also means you get to keep all the loot to yourself and it's a valid way to gear up. 

Broccoli (HH) and Ebondrake Lair (EL) can be somewhat challenging on normal mode as well for newer players. 

When it comes to actual solo content, stuff gets a bit challenging once you hit Naksun on floor 15 of Mushin's tower, or even Ironheart on floor 14, depending on your gear. Floors 16-19 have the tendency to put you up against two bosses in each room, which provides you a decent challenge in learning to avoid their attacks and once you hit Yunsang on floor 20, things do get really challenging. The new Outlaw Island is also supposed to provide a decent challenge, though I haven't tried it myself since I rerolled when the patch hit. 

The pleb raids, Snowjade Palace, FAS and DKV are not that challenging, but BT, SK and VT can be very challenging and require a good understanding of boss mechanics, your class, rotations and role in the party including some minor mechanical details such as rooting adds (which is barely used anywhere outside these raids nowadays). These raids are endgame content and drop the best gear in the game currently. 

TLDR; difficulty doesn't start until after you finish the story and most difficulty comes from soloing stuff, hardmode dungeons and raids, but for the latter two people will not easily accept you into their party. 

On 23.12.2017 at 3:49 AM, RainTears said:

I'm a returning player from the beta and haven't plaed this game for awhile, I want to know if the PvE will get hard. I like challenges and would appreciate facing enemies that can't be beaten with my eyes closed like in other MMOs

Well this game has it's own style of hard dungeons mechanics that we call it "its own community". Seriously compared to other mmorpgs like ReV or Tera even hard dungeons easy as long as people know their stuff. but its out of question in BnS cause let alone "looking, learning" mechanics people not even talk to each other in dungeons.

A lot of the challenge comes from a lack of knowledge, a lack of gear, a lack decent team mates, a lack of good connection to the servers. There are very few things that require actual player skill, and most "challenges" can be overcome by gearing up or getting in groups with geared players who are willing to carry you.

To be honest I already have trouble with Mushin 16F, first boss of Outlaw and Summoners in ToI. My AP and HP are not the issue. Trouble is I suck at defending against CC and CCing myself (fire gunner). So if you know your class and all the mechanics by heart I guess you´ll always have it easy with the gear you got after the main quest (except for rage timers and high end dungeons).

Lets be honest, there is only one real Challange for a returning player. In times where people need 1.1k and raven only for Dungeons like EC, DT, NF, the most challanging thing would be, to find a group that doesnt kick you from party :/

On 12/23/2017 at 3:49 AM, RainTears said:

I'm a returning player from the beta and haven't plaed this game for awhile, I want to know if the PvE will get hard. I like challenges and would appreciate facing enemies that can't be beaten with my eyes closed like in other MMOs

hmm! interesting..  can u try poharan in blackram supply chain ( it should be very easy )  but you need to be blindfold and also u must be solo.  

Annoying and boring? I ask you to attempt content (especially later dungeons) you´ve never done before. Don´t watch youtube. Don´t ask google. Don´t ask anyone. Just do it. With mechanics. The best I got called for doing so was "noob" (ok, that was annoying). The game only is easy cause devs failed to keep mechanics important, most players can just breeze through content depending solely on their gear.

A way to resolve this would have been a group gear/difficulty system. Way too complicated to program in I guess. Plus, once you mastered the mechanics it´s easy again.

If the difficulty is increased at least remove the farming necessity because we are multi running dungeons not because it is easy or challenging but because of the loot by increasing the difficulty  and keep the same shitty loot it will be boring and nobody will want to do it, for example me as a BM HM14 full BT gear maxed out(almost) i don't even want to touch Ebondrake Lair because for me that dungeons it somewhat difficult and the loot reward is lame 

16 hours ago, FlCosmin said:

If the difficulty is increased at least remove the farming necessity because we are multi running dungeons not because it is easy or challenging but because of the loot by increasing the difficulty  and keep the same shitty loot it will be boring and nobody will want to do it, for example me as a BM HM14 full BT gear maxed out(almost) i don't even want to touch Ebondrake Lair because for me that dungeons it somewhat difficult and the loot reward is lame 

I was merely replying to people who call the game easy and boring and annoying and still play it. Everyone wants something else, there´s no way to satisfy everyone. On that note, thanks for underlining my (subtle) point^^

Well its like that with every Game. As soon as you get used to mechanics it is always the same > it becomes boring. That isnt even a BnS only problem.
The only thing that might keep you are the ppl who are playing the game with you, at least this is how it is for me :P

Oh and also PvP is fun in some games ... but i dont like the PvP in BnS, so that probably wont keep me here.

Archived