White Orb - Get rid of this item

Kozuki

I saw too much F8 drama revolving around these sinister White Orbs: "orb-and-dash" players that steal the orbs with a few copper from boss loot, even though he claims to use it for the second boss; six people who LFG into Heaven's Mandate and no one carries an orb; and people who follows the rule "Your Orb, My Loot" and go copper-war for a single treasure pouch against orb-users.

I think NCWest should just get rid the orbs altogether, allowing players to access Kairi Lord in Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate without any orb. People are only in Cold Storage for dailies, and only spam it for events now. No orb, no drama.

If you don't want to give players like 70k+ EXP from a full run Cold Storage without the orb, just nerf EXP reward. It is an old content already, and we now have better ways to grind up our HM levels instead of spamming Cold Storage resets.

I personally only follow moml for heaven mandate. For cold storage, I never follow this rule because I have seen people claims to use his orb for 2nd boss, but then steal all the items from 1st boss and leave party immediately. I have also seen player who claim that he will use the orb (dropped from first boss in CS) for 2nd boss, but then he quits the party ASAP after he gets the orb and his lame excuse was like "someone outbidded me for 1 copper, so I bidded 3 copper for this orb, you all greedy people.."

Honestly... there's way too much annoyance in doing Heaven's Mandate when it comes to the White Orb. Most people do it for the daily and that's about it. But, when nobody has an orb in a rando party, everyone is just wasting their time.

The issue more than anything else is that OBTAINING White Orbs is a hassle. You can either hope for them to come in a CS box, steal it from the party if an orb drops in CS or farm constantly for it with no odds of it appearing. All in order to do a daily that doesn't really give a lot.

So, really... I agree that the White Orbs should be taken out of the game... or at least make them readily available... like, making them available for purchase for 5-10 Black Rose feathers.

Agreed, I don't even know why its on a damn daily challenge considering 90% of the alts wanting to do it waste 20+ mins joining and leaving parties in the hope someone actually has a white orb. Mandate and ColdStorage are both very outdated  and theres nothing that comes from them that can warrant people being locked out due to not having a white orb .

12 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I am suprised people still make this such a big deal considering soloing, even duoing CS and HM is so easy you wont even have to put up with people in F8.

Cuz not everyone who are new or have low-geared alts can solo them in a reasonable time frame, while a group can just fast kill the boss for 10s. And not everyone has the condition to duo them, either.

Just cuz you're somewhat blessed to have a workaround on the problem doesn't mean the workaround will work for everyone with different gaming situation.

9 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

Honestly... there's way too much annoyance in doing Heaven's Mandate when it comes to the White Orb. Most people do it for the daily and that's about it. But, when nobody has an orb in a rando party, everyone is just wasting their time.

The issue more than anything else is that OBTAINING White Orbs is a hassle. You can either hope for them to come in a CS box, steal it from the party if an orb drops in CS or farm constantly for it with no odds of it appearing. All in order to do a daily that doesn't really give a lot.

So, really... I agree that the White Orbs should be taken out of the game... or at least make them readily available... like, making them available for purchase for 5-10 Black Rose feathers.

i agree, i have tons of these feathers and nothing to really do with them, i bought the adornment when i got the duster, i have over 100 of these things just sitting in the bank.

I only do CS/HM when it's on daily, and I usually just market purchase my orbs 10 at a time. I always have them. I also solo both these dungeons with ease, and will only take clan members along with me on a walk in. The loot is literally garbage from both places save the rare chance a pet pod might drop from Kaari, which has happened once, and the demon spirit stones used to transmute sealed sacred oil also drop there too. You could also add white orbs to the freezing orb merchant as well, i have almost 200 of these things, always pass when they drop, because I'm not an outfit kind of person, not sure what else they're good for to be honest, I haven't looked at the merchant in a long time.

The system worked better before they combined the faether and the orbs.

before you needed to run zaiwei ruins (no lockout) to get into heavens mandate, and you needed people to cooperate to get to second boss.

now you are jsut screwed if you dont' get a fee orb and don't have the spare cash to buy them when they are on the daily.

I wonder if you can solo zaiwei ruins with 1k ap?

Well seems the answer is mostly. need a second person to use flame/frost throwers at house of pleasures, but it's otherwise possible to solo now.

still wish the orb drop rate was better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.12.2017 at 7:16 PM, zapzap77 said:

still wish the orb drop rate was better

This.
I spent some time in Zaiwei Ruins recently, and the white orb drop rate is REALLY low.
Since nothing else of any value drops there, you wind up wasting time for absolutely nothing.

I agree that the orbs should be taken out of the game, and the NEED for them, forthwith. They are "time gates" for old, dated content, and it makes little sense to continue to use these on old dungeons that are mainly done just for DC. I don't ever feel like I'm losing much when some butt-lord decides to continue bidding on my loot, but I hate thieves and people with no sense of respect or honor.

Since the gold income got reduced if we exclude SM - HH, white orbs are the best income for me. Don't know if i am lucky, but whenever i am done with stuff in game i camp Zaiwei and farm them (~10 orbs whenever i am not bored to camp zaiwei). 

Am 22.12.2017 um 18:16 schrieb zapzap77:

I wonder if you can solo zaiwei ruins with 1k ap?

I'm able to solo the dungeon with my Gunner Alt who has only storygear and about 900 AP. You have to be very fast at the part with Han Muki and switch the throwers, but I did a few times^^ I've spent there so much time to farm the costumes and the drop rate for white orbs is really low <.< On one day I've collected 40 of the normal loot boxes and I've got only 1 orb...

On my Main I solo Heavens Mandate/Cold Storage or go with a friend, cause I've got scammed too many times in F8 ;)

I agree that the orbs just should be taken out, because if HM is on the DC they cost 6-8Gold on the market on my server^^ I'm glad that I've bought many of them for about 70 Silver in the past, so I don't have to pay this ridiculous price

The thing about Zaiwei Ruins is that you don't have to farm the whole thing. I've seen a lot of people just stake out the area around Gossamer Inn (where 3 sets of enemies respawn until you kill enough). Any of the daily bosses drop the chests that contain White Orbs, so people just farm the 1st boss over and over and maybe go over to the House of Pleasures or other areas when they come up for another boss to kill.

The Dynamic Quests (the 2 bosses you can kill after aiding Ape King Ogong) don't seem to drop White Orbs, but do drop an outfit.

Archived