BlueBeard

Why are PTS RNG to transmute?

Recommended Posts

As the title says, i've always wondered why PTS are RNG, considering that they're a key component for upgrading your weapons/accessories after a certain point. 


If it's meant to be a way to gate end-game players from upgrading too quick compared to lower geared players, then it's totally whacked up, considering end-game players are the ones who often have the spare gold/resources to buy/craft in bulk so it doesn't hurt as much when they fail, where as lower geared players have to scrap through to get barely enough gold to buy them(and they are expensive, even with the little that is needed early on) as crafting them is too costly unless they have god-like RNG


There might be some other reason that PTS being RNG might be acceptable for the game, but in any case, i can't see them, and I also can't see why the cost of PTS can't just be scaled up while making it 100% success rate (like almost every other transmutable item). What do you guys think?
 

As a side note, I think PTS being RNG to transmute is also pretty bad for it's economy. Because it's RNG, people advice other note to craft and buy instead, but over time, if this mindset spreads then eventually people will stop trying, and this will result in the few people left who are still transmuting to be able to charge exorbitant prices for them. (Though admittedly, this might create a new mindset where crafting is cheaper, but it will still end up artificially jacking up the price of PTS)

Edited by BlueBeard
Wanted to add something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

Its RNG to make the game more grindy and to create an artificial wal so people dont get maxed out right away.

The chances of PTS used to be wayyy worse but they were increased a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my experience its about a 50% chance, some say its 33.33% chance either way 1 out of 3 or 1 out of 2 isn't bad at all imo.  As Grimoir said, its RNG so it makes it harder to get maxed out, would you rather work for your gear or have it spoon fed to you like a toddler?  I'd rather work for it a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hirukaru   

1 out of 3, 1 out of 2

Well here comes

1 out of 10

1 out of 4

1 out of 6

1 out of 2

 

Average:

4/22

1 out of 5,5

This does not mean it is 33 or 50 or 75 or 10%

It means the chance you get is applied on each try

Edited by Hirukaru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 minute ago, Hirukaru said:

1 out of 3, 1 out of 2

Well here comes

1 out of 10

1 out of 4

1 out of 6

1 out of 2

 

Average:

4/22

1 out of 5,5

You cant pinpoint the exact number on a few trials. 

you forgot to include:

 

3 out of 1k+ ncoin xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hirukaru   
1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

you forgot to include:

 

3 out of 1k+ ncoin xD

Welli dont have nor use ncoins :-p

But i believe ot is 250 each fixed price during sale

Edited by Hirukaru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlueBeard said:

As the title says, i've always wondered why PTS are RNG, considering that they're a key component for upgrading your weapons/accessories after a certain point. 


If it's meant to be a way to gate end-game players from upgrading too quick compared to lower geared players, then it's totally whacked up, considering end-game players are the ones who often have the spare gold/resources to buy/craft in bulk so it doesn't hurt as much when they fail, where as lower geared players have to scrap through to get barely enough gold to buy them(and they are expensive, even with the little that is needed early on) as crafting them is too costly unless they have god-like RNG


There might be some other reason that PTS being RNG might be acceptable for the game, but in any case, i can't see them, and I also can't see why the cost of PTS can't just be scaled up while making it 100% success rate (like almost every other transmutable item). What do you guys think?
 

As a side note, I think PTS being RNG to transmute is also pretty bad for it's economy. Because it's RNG, people advice other note to craft and buy instead, but over time, if this mindset spreads then eventually people will stop trying, and this will result in the few people left who are still transmuting to be able to charge exorbitant prices for them. (Though admittedly, this might create a new mindset where crafting is cheaper, but it will still end up artificially jacking up the price of PTS)

It's 50% Chance, Since they increased Chance from 33% to 50%, Never bought a single Premium Stone, Always crafted my own, Materials are easy to get, Transformation Stones Are Cheap to Craft, Elysian Orbs dropping from many Heroic Dungeon Boxes, Outlaw and F20. You can craft, 2-3 Premium Stones daily if you're not farming particularly for them. There is nothing wrong with the way it is now, you people only want everything for free, without doing any efforts to obtain it. You should be happy that EU/NA doesn't have system for Weapons to fail on Upgrades, then I bet people would be smashing heads to keyboard and complaining all day. If Crafting is not your choice, you can always buy it from people in faction chat 20gold cheaper then F5, Alot of people grinded their gear hard way. and now people are getting all of that for almost nothing as it costed before. Where before having a high legendary weapon meant something, where now it means nothing. and people still complain and complain... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yousername said:

my experience its about a 50% chance, some say its 33.33% chance either way 1 out of 3 or 1 out of 2 isn't bad at all imo.  As Grimoir said, its RNG so it makes it harder to get maxed out, would you rather work for your gear or have it spoon fed to you like a toddler?  I'd rather work for it a bit.

I think it would be possible to have a more expensive, non-rng way that isnt "spoonfeeding" as people such as yourself love to label every kind of suggestion that removes an aspect of gambling from this online casin... game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
38 minutes ago, GonnaNeedaMontage said:

I think it would be possible to have a more expensive, non-rng way that isnt "spoonfeeding" as people such as yourself love to label every kind of suggestion that removes an aspect of gambling from this online casin... game

Ok lets make premium stones 100% transmute chance but change upgrade costs so that every weapon stage needs:

 

10 empyrian stones

300 gold

2 premium stones

20 transformation stones.

 

There any rng aspect is removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure, lets take a reasonable suggestion and turn it into something ridiculous, another classic example of how people who love to bash people making reasonable suggestion will turn that suggestion into something ludicrous in order to make it seem incredulous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A  goldsink no more no less.  Being RNG in nature i found it's hard to correlate it with "hardwork" as it's clear that i can have mats enough for 10 but can fail 9 or i can success in making 9 with only single failure.  Increase in success rate is always acceptable for me, because it's just natural that i farmed the mats and wants to see it crafts properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
caioc2   
39 minutes ago, GonnaNeedaMontage said:

sure, lets take a reasonable suggestion and turn it into something ridiculous, another classic example of how people who love to bash people making reasonable suggestion will turn that suggestion into something ludicrous in order to make it seem incredulous

I have no idea how actualy people still put up with that @Grimoir, that guy is toxic.

 

 

Any way, random does not favor everyone it spreads unequally the "sucess" among the players, mainly for the ones who craft low counts. That's why I would rather buy for a fixed price than try my luck.

IMHO it should be 100% chance with scaled mats, because it wouldn't change the average material used to craft, but it would distribute the cost equally.

 

if it's 10% chance  we scale the mats by 1.0/0.1 =  10x

if it's  50%  scale by 1.0/0.5 = 2x

and so on, this way the burden would be distributed over all the players. 

 

 

Wouldnt be any profit for who try to sell it, since anyone could make it at fixed price. Now you ask me, are the ones profiting from higher count craft willing to give up their profit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
2 minutes ago, caioc2 said:

I have no idea how actualy people still put up with that @Grimoir, that guy is toxic.

 

 

Any way, random does not favor everyone it spreads unequally the "sucess" among the players, mainly for the ones who craft low counts. That's why I would rather buy for a fixed price than try my luck.

IMHO it should be 100% chance with scaled mats, because it wouldn't change the average material used to craft, but it would distribute the cost equally.

 

if it's 10% chance  we scale the mats by 1.0/0.1 =  10x

if it's  50%  scale by 1.0/0.5 = 2x

and so on, this way the burden would be distributed over all the players. 

 

 

Wouldnt be any profit for who try to sell it, since anyone could make it at fixed price. Now you ask me, are the ones profiting from higher count craft willing to give up their profit?

I am not toxic i am simply being objective. I am suprised you havent noticed a trend that ncsoft is keeping:

 

whenever there is a material required which is obtainable by RNG other mats quantity and requirements are reasonable, i would even say decent,

When there is a material required which is a guarantee to obtain, the costs and materials needed additionally are very high and force a heavy grind.

why do you think Upgrading pet and souls is so expensive and weapon is "fairly" cheap? Thats how ncsoft operates, they make a change that tricks you into thinking "hey this is made easier now" but then as you go further down the road you realize "hey this has gotten so much worse and harder now".

The premium stone on the weapon is what keeps the upgrade costs overall lower, i would even say "balanced" considering the transmute takes already part of the materials out when you fail and the materials needed for it aren't particularly hard to get (soulstones, sacred orbs are super easy, elysian orbs not as easy but manageable, moonstones are the only semi-hard part, but not impossible).

 

Regardless what you suggest, they will find a place / way to add another wall that will essentially block you in a non-rng way.Also you need to learn to tell sarcasm apart.

 

As to your specific suggestion:

The material scaling would not really work, considering you can just farm basin for example for the pouches (even if rng is a factor) which is a very easy way to get the mats, so i am sure they would do something to the other mats to still not make it easy for you.

what they could do as a leverage add certain materials as drops to dungeons like premium stones, empyrian stones etc, at least that would maybe give players the incentive to learn those dungeons and not only depend on the low level instances and complain gold is reduced.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Grimoir I understand that it may be more easy for experienced players such as yourself (who can easily get into parties and is able to clear the higher-end dungeons like EC, DT, outlaw, etc consistently), would find it easier to obtain such materials like moonstones and elysian orbs. Indeed, i did mention in the OP that older players definitely would have the spare resources to craft them in excess. However, these things are not made anywhere as easily available to new players who are unable to farm ECHM for elysian orbs, or get slaughtered in PVP over and over in the hopes of finding one match where they get carried to their weekly moonstones. 


Perhaps you should try creating a new account, and re-level to where you are now, without the aid of your clan or your main, as it may help you understand some of the frustration that new or returning players face, especially with the gold in lower dungeons being reduced restricting our access to purchase what lacking materials we need under the idea that we can "easily" farming the celestial basin for the void fragments that are now recommended (which is nowhere near fun on a new character without a party to help)

And while I do understand your argument about weapon upgrades not being RNG being much better than in other servers, it feels more like speaking from the point of view of  how "This server isn't worse", rather than how "This server can be better", which is what i'm trying to discuss : Is PTS being RNG good? Would it be better if it wasn't? How would it need to be implemented to be fair? or perhaps ask "Why do people think PTS being RNG to craft is bad and how do we fix that?"

I understand that i may not be the best speaker out there, but i do hope that you can see that i'm not just trying to get things easy. I wouldn't mind if they doubled the resource require to make the PTS a 100% chance at sucess, since that would basically balance out the cost/benefit of transmuting one. I do enjoy playing the game, but i feel some of the RNG is a disservice to the game, so i'm looking for ways, and people to help better come up with solutions, whether or not the devs implement them.

Edit : It seems i have missed your second post, let me write up another response to that.

Edited by BlueBeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BlueBeard said:


Perhaps you should try creating a new account, and re-level to where you are now, without the aid of your clan or your main, as it may help you understand some of the frustration that new or returning players face, especially with the gold in lower dungeons being reduced restricting our access to purchase what lacking materials we need under the idea that we can "easily" farming the celestial basin for the void fragments that are now recommended (which is nowhere near fun on a new character without a party to help)
 

i make new toon in EU X3 cleansheet. almost no external support X3.

 

and i immediately hit wall of Premium Stone requirement to upgrade :x it's gonna be very long until i could get one and..well the lv55 patch hit my char hard.. low crit, low acc and of course low in gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlueBeard said:

higher-end dungeons like EC, DT

I hope it's a joke... BNSgiggle...

 

 

Edited by SayhaSeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

exactly, this isnt a huge issue for the really well set up characters, people with really geared mains to farm on etc. what we are talking about here are the fresh, new players, who have no such assistance, for these people, the rng walls in this game can be extremely brutal, thats what needs fixing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

I hope it's a joke... BNSgiggle...

 

 

Not in hard mode, where you need to be to reliably farm elysian orbs.

This comment by Montage really bring out the crux of the problem.

28 minutes ago, GonnaNeedaMontage said:

exactly, this isnt a huge issue for the really well set up characters, people with really geared mains to farm on etc. what we are talking about here are the fresh, new players, who have no such assistance, for these people, the rng walls in this game can be extremely brutal, thats what needs fixing

Edited by BlueBeard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
8 hours ago, BlueBeard said:

@Grimoir I understand that it may be more easy for experienced players such as yourself (who can easily get into parties and is able to clear the higher-end dungeons like EC, DT, outlaw, etc consistently), would find it easier to obtain such materials like moonstones and elysian orbs. Indeed, i did mention in the OP that older players definitely would have the spare resources to craft them in excess. However, these things are not made anywhere as easily available to new players who are unable to farm ECHM for elysian orbs, or get slaughtered in PVP over and over in the hopes of finding one match where they get carried to their weekly moonstones. 


Perhaps you should try creating a new account, and re-level to where you are now, without the aid of your clan or your main, as it may help you understand some of the frustration that new or returning players face, especially with the gold in lower dungeons being reduced restricting our access to purchase what lacking materials we need under the idea that we can "easily" farming the celestial basin for the void fragments that are now recommended (which is nowhere near fun on a new character without a party to help)

And while I do understand your argument about weapon upgrades not being RNG being much better than in other servers, it feels more like speaking from the point of view of  how "This server isn't worse", rather than how "This server can be better", which is what i'm trying to discuss : Is PTS being RNG good? Would it be better if it wasn't? How would it need to be implemented to be fair? or perhaps ask "Why do people think PTS being RNG to craft is bad and how do we fix that?"

I understand that i may not be the best speaker out there, but i do hope that you can see that i'm not just trying to get things easy. I wouldn't mind if they doubled the resource require to make the PTS a 100% chance at sucess, since that would basically balance out the cost/benefit of transmuting one. I do enjoy playing the game, but i feel some of the RNG is a disservice to the game, so i'm looking for ways, and people to help better come up with solutions, whether or not the devs implement them.

Edit : It seems i have missed your second post, let me write up another response to that.

Before i reply just a note: I am not running any HM dungeons, only normal modes since it goes much faster.

 

See this is where i personally have the opinion that the most biggest issue in terms of progression for newer / lower geared players is their own mindset. Why do i think that?

Best example: Clans, its plain obvious if you join a clan that a lot of things will get easier for you in terms of material farming and dungeon clearing, essentially making things easier for yourself. I do understand however that many players do not want to be in clans and prefer "solo" play, however they will have to "suck it up" at some point and realize that things do go easier this way, i myself am one of those people, i dont like being in clans but i choked it down to progress easier and faster and am not regreting it so far.

 

Regarding dungeon requirements: Every player can make their own parties, if you cannot get into a 1k+ party, make your own, its not difficult, but what the mindset here is "oh ill join that whale party because then i wont have to do mechanics", you know what i am aiming at right?

 

I am not denying the fact that better geared players / veterans have it easier, its the same in all games, but the thing is its not particuraly difficult to get materials here, it just takes time.

 

Now i am all for having PTS be discussed, not sure if you remember how it was when PTS originally came out? How it costed crazy amounts of materials with 50g and a huge chance of fail. Compared to that now its much much easier.

However i do believe that if they made PTS a 100% chance, materials and gold required would have gone up. that would only make the transmute 100% success but still the materials would have the same difficulty to obtain.

 

The real question is this:

Are you willing to farm currently the: 30 orbs, 8 moonstones, 8 elysian orbs with a chance of success

OR

Are you willing to farm (as example) 100 sacred orbs, 24+ moonstones, 24+ elysian orbs with a 100% chance?

 

Cause bottom line you will still need to do the same dungeons, same 6v6 and same other stuff to get the materials that will not change.

The only time this would actually become less of a hassle if there was a system that allowed you to transmute crystals back into raw materials at a bit higher ratio, like:

1 orb/ss/ms = 1 crystal

2-3 crystal = 1 orb/ms/ss

 

That would make it somewhat bearable and fair, but we all know how ncsoft is with these things, its literally "be careful what you wish for, it can come in any way"

 

Also: i am running a excel sheet for a week where i record what materials and how many and how many runs and gold i get by doing the regular dungeons runs (only NM) to show how many mats you will essentially have by just playing 1 week of the game.

 

Edited by Grimoir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lata   
8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Before i reply just a note: I am not running any HM dungeons, only normal modes since it goes much faster.

[edited - PhoenixMitra]

 

The whole thing about money sink and stuff is insanly wrong, the whales and "better" players own massive amounts of gold, it doesnt bother em if they need 2 or 5 trys to get a PTS, they just own to much gold,  while the common player always needs to gather the last penny to upgrade something..

 

its exactly like IRL, 1% of the gamer own more then 50% of the mone/,gold/ressources while 99% of the gamer needs to share less then 50% that the whales left.

 

There is one thing Grimoir in all your theorys that is so absurd wrong, TIME !!!

Time is limited for the major part of the community, 99% of us cant play 12/15/18h a day, we got a life, partners, work, kids, other intressts then just a single game. Everything you tell all the time is, you can get everything by just grinding normal mode over and over again and again.

 

So while the whales get there stuff just for free in terms of time (just look the trove now, and how many ppl will be max geard later without any clue for gameplay and mechs running normal mode with gear that was made for HM) the commone player should waste the last precious thing we have left .... time .... while they grab even more money they never deserved.

 

 

Edited by PhoenixMitra
Insulting to other members of community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
3 hours ago, Lata said:

[edited - PhoenixMitra]

 

The whole thing about money sink and stuff is insanly wrong, the whales and "better" players own massive amounts of gold, it doesnt bother em if they need 2 or 5 trys to get a PTS, they just own to much gold,  while the common player always needs to gather the last penny to upgrade something..

 

its exactly like IRL, 1% of the gamer own more then 50% of the mone/,gold/ressources while 99% of the gamer needs to share less then 50% that the whales left.

 

There is one thing Grimoir in all your theorys that is so absurd wrong, TIME !!!

Time is limited for the major part of the community, 99% of us cant play 12/15/18h a day, we got a life, partners, work, kids, other intressts then just a single game. Everything you tell all the time is, you can get everything by just grinding normal mode over and over again and again.

 

So while the whales get there stuff just for free in terms of time (just look the trove now, and how many ppl will be max geard later without any clue for gameplay and mechs running normal mode with gear that was made for HM) the commone player should waste the last precious thing we have left .... time .... while they grab even more money they never deserved.

 

 

Oh its you again....

 

I do run hard modes....but only in the weekends because i dont have the time to bother with them during the week. I do NM to get my dailies done.

 

anyway....

 

So...basically you having limited time, not being able to play like most of the whales and other people is the fault of ncsoft and the game...cause thats what i get from your answer. If you are a casual player its plain obvious you wont catch up to players that have more time, the sooner you accept the fact the better for you. I play roughly 4 hours a day during the week. Weekend i have a bit more time.

What you list happens LITERALLY in EVERY single MMO game out in the market, thats nothing new, you simply blow this out of proportion here.

 

So what if whales get their stuff free? Its their money they can spend it on whatever they want, and them getting lots of materials will mean prices will drop on items because they wont be buying them or the influx will be overflowing the market so in the end everyone benefits.Market is controlled by players and their greed and not by a game or ncsoft. Players already dont even know how to run EC properly with mechanics, and that has nothing to do with gear thats simply players being too lazy to learn the mechanics, gear has nothing to do with that.

Also if you dont want to invest time in a game that requires you to in order to progress why are you playing any online games to begin with?

You are so narrow minded, do you even read what you are posting?

 

I do not mind discussing things with you and voicing opinions but you present your "arguments" in such a subjective way they are being ridiculous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lata   
3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

So...basically you having limited time, not being able to play like most of the whales and other people is the fault of ncsoft and the game...cause thats what i get from your answer

You twist and turn my words again ...

 

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

So what if whales get their stuff free? Its their money they can spend it on whatever they want, and them getting lots of materials will mean prices will drop on items because they wont be buying them or the influx will be overflowing the market so in the end everyone benefits.

same like the line above, twist and turn.

Besides of that you are either blinded on both eyes or just du....

Where do price drop last weeks ?!?!?!?! they getting higher and higher (except now cause the trove) Half a year ago moonstones where at 1-2g now around 5g, sacred orbs 30s now 1g+ ?!?! where did thy drop ?? Drop means the OPPOSITE dude, are you playing on a privat server ????

 

But I guess its like:

8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Before i reply just a note: I am not running any HM dungeons, only normal modes since it goes much faster.

vs:

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I do run hard modes....but only in the weekends because i dont have the time to bother with them during the week

So I guess as you told ppls that the game is sooooo easy and they can run everything easely with low gear you basicly said ...they can run any dungeon with any pleb just not with you cause you dont have the time to bother" cause let me guess time is precious.

Thumbs up dude!!!

 

BTW, I do run almost only HMs for better and more loot to safe my time, but here e#is my actual count:

1 PTS out of 14 trys so much about 50% RNG lol

Before you will tell again that I could have sold the mats bla bla bla. I do run 6vs6 alot and like I said HM dungeons as well, so I can try 1 or 2 times per day, and it doesnt bother me that much, its just to proof that there is something wrong with RNG and there should be a change somehow like the 40key counter in trove. e.g. If u waste up 10 trys u get 3 PTS with the 11. try. In fact that they said 50% you should get 5 out of 10 most time.And this wouldnt change that much cause everyone needs a ton of this to upgrade everything.

 

but keep going to twist my words, its funny to proof that you are well what ever you are ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
3 hours ago, Lata said:

You twist and turn my words again ...

same like the line above, twist and turn.Besides of that you are either blinded on both eyes or just du....

Where do price drop last weeks ?!?!?!?! they getting higher and higher (except now cause the trove) Half a year ago moonstones where at 1-2g now around 5g, sacred orbs 30s now 1g+ ?!?! where did thy drop ?? Drop means the OPPOSITE dude, are you playing on a privat server ????

But I guess its lke:vs:

So I guess as you told ppls that the game is sooooo easy and they can run everything easely with low gear you basicly said ...they can run any dungeon with any pleb just not with you cause you dont have the time to bother" cause let me guess time is precious.

Thumbs up dude!!!BTW, I do run almost only HMs for better and more loot to safe my time, but here e#is my actual count:

1 PTS out of 14 trys so much about 50% RNG lol

Before you will tell again that I could have sold the mats bla bla bla. I do run 6vs6 alot and like I said HM dungeons as well, so I can try 1 or 2 times per day, and it doesnt bother me that much, its just to proof that there is something wrong with RNG and there should be a change somehow like the 40key counter in trove. e.g. If u waste up 10 trys u get 3 PTS with the 11. try. In fact that they said 50% you should get 5 out of 10 most time.And this wouldnt change that much cause everyone needs a ton of this to upgrade everything.

but keep going to twist my words, its funny to proof that you are well what ever you are ....

I dont have the time to bothr during the week with hard modes because i have limited time to play and work the next day so what do i do? I choose the most efficient way that allows me to get all my dailies done and farm my materials that i need.  If you have time to run hard modes even tho you say you have a life, kids, work w/e then by all means do so and i hope you get good loot.

 

Moonstone prices are high because people dont do SSP during the designated hours anymore because they dont need the moonstones anymore so price went up since demand> supply. And obviously trove just started so now prices are dropping so if you plan on upgrading / buying materials now is the best time wheile they drop.

Common sense. Also make sure you understand good what you read.

 

Further down the line i see the first thing you actually posted that makes remotely sense: Adding a counter to the transmute of premium stone so that each fail fills up the counter and after say 10 tries you have a 100% chance to get a premium stone. that would make things better. The first thing i actually agree with you.

Also 50% chance is subjective you can still fail 9/10 attempts since the fail chance is also high, so dont bae it on that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BlueBeard said:

Not in hard mode, where you need to be to reliably farm elysian orbs.

This comment by Montage really bring out the crux of the problem.

Hard Mode or Easy Mode, both dungeons are out dated, And easy to do, Do you think people had high AP when it was introduced? They did with lower AP and crap gear then you have now. ..., The only reason high AP players asking for high AP is because they want to kill everything without doing mechanic, for fast run.., Make your own party, with your own gear people. but then again that's where NCSOFT screwed up by overhelping new players, and removing "Mechanic" From Normal Modes, (that's what happens when they listen to every cry baby)  now probably half of new players don't even know how to do Hard Mode.  because it's completely different dungeon from Normal Mode. 

 

And By the way, Normal or Hard Mode, both gives Elysian Orbs from boxes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   
On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:12 AM, BlueBeard said:

As the title says, i've always wondered why PTS are RNG, considering that they're a key component for upgrading your weapons/accessories after a certain point. 


If it's meant to be a way to gate end-game players from upgrading too quick compared to lower geared players, then it's totally whacked up, considering end-game players are the ones who often have the spare gold/resources to buy/craft in bulk so it doesn't hurt as much when they fail, where as lower geared players have to scrap through to get barely enough gold to buy them(and they are expensive, even with the little that is needed early on) as crafting them is too costly unless they have god-like RNG


There might be some other reason that PTS being RNG might be acceptable for the game, but in any case, i can't see them, and I also can't see why the cost of PTS can't just be scaled up while making it 100% success rate (like almost every other transmutable item). What do you guys think?
 

As a side note, I think PTS being RNG to transmute is also pretty bad for it's economy. Because it's RNG, people advice other note to craft and buy instead, but over time, if this mindset spreads then eventually people will stop trying, and this will result in the few people left who are still transmuting to be able to charge exorbitant prices for them. (Though admittedly, this might create a new mindset where crafting is cheaper, but it will still end up artificially jacking up the price of PTS)

I am grad that they put PTS to RNG instead of gear upgrades like vietname server. You can obtain PTS from daily HM Store, from markets, and sometimes from event boxes. However, if they put RNG to gear upgrades, what will happen? Probably the server is closed down by now.

 

Do you want them to be like Viet server, instead of current one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now