Reasons to leave BNS

Kaladina

On 12/20/2017 at 2:18 PM, Zini said:

The bad things, that makes you quit:
- lags, disconnects, high ping
- silent devs/worker (and this is a very nice way to say it)
- toxic community
- afk / leecher plague
- ridiculouse RNG
- very low drop rate for many things
- expensive upgrade costs
- nerfed gold output
- endless farm
- paywalls
- unbalanced pvp / toi
- boring after story is finished
- pay events
- dead and useless map regions / dungeons
- destroyed F9 gold market
- f2p player can't keep up (before you come close > new patch release > start over again)

For the bad things you listed (in order you listed them):

- Not all lags and ping spikes are the fault of the servers or ncsoft. Most of them are caused by your isp and the route they use to reach the servers, so this is more a 50/50 chance

- As stated already by many players, if you want dev attention you have to post in the korean forum becayse the developers are from korea.

- toxic community....show me a game where it isnt xD

- afk /leechers - compared to what it was before, ncsoft did a quite good job on this part. Not ideal but it helped.

- rng is in every game, literally every game. Given some are lucky and some are cursed but still...you would need to break this down into the specific aspects to discuss it.

-  list items where you think the drop rate is too low

- define "expensive", because in my opinion upgrade costs are very decent, they are like in the middle between cheap and expensive.

- nerfed gold - old content...old content gets irrelevant and new content comes that compensates those changes.

- endless farm...welll duuuh its a korean mmo....all of them are grind, literally all, if you want to play a game where you instantly get everything maxed out, sorry to burst your bubble that game doesnt exist.

- paywalls....which paywalls? Literally all gear can be obtained by playing the game, can take a bit longer but still doable.

- unbalanced pvp/toi.....given there is some lack of balance but it cant be ideal, it comes down to skill mostly in 1v1 / 3v3 anyway, 6v6 is gear heavy so ofc there is no balance there, TOI is not meant to be easy, its not unbalanced its just challenging as its supposed to be.

- boring after story...well all games have that after story its a grind till new story shows up.

- pay events...well in bns specifically i agree on this, there are a lot of them.

- dead maps / regions....its old content thats why its dead, why would you as a level 55 do anything in a 45 level zone? Other games remove old content bns doesnt, they keep all dungeons which is a good thing.

- F9....ncsoft didnt directly destroy it, they simply made it impossible for bots to gain profit from it so it died, also considering they will be giving people free HM coins next year it will die even more.

- f2p players cant keep up....so what else is new? it happens also in all games where there is a gap between whales and f2p. And how is a new patch starting all over? Even if its starting over its for everybody even the whales not just f2p so  the same for everyone.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol its funny threads like this and the typical replies to it keep popping up in perpetuity. Ofc if the op is leaving then they should just leave, why make a thread. The logic works both ways though, not just when its convenient for the accuser. If no one cares about them leaving or making a thread about it, then why bother reply? Just some food for thought next time a thread like this pops up and people start getting hypocritical again xD

All games do the same

you have to post in the korean forum

if you want to play a game where you instantly get everything maxed out

paywalls....which paywalls

Really Grimoir even you know this it's just poor excuses everyone with two neurons knows

6 hours ago, Fufia said:

Typical no social life argument.

I can say the same for ppl that came here and get mad when ppl do posts like this and just say (why you need do this post or no1 care) 

Basically they are addicted to the game and can not stand anyone talking badly about the game even when they only tell the truth.

Just ppl that spent too much money on the game or too many time and can not deal with reality

Relax guys it's not the people who say they're leaving the game that destroy the game NCS does a good job at it and dont need any help.

You know you just said the same stuff I did? U are not the the brightest mind here. Anyway, ill make it simple so you don't have to spend to much braincells.

People are leaving the game, and if they leave they should do it. But they don't need to make leaveing threads like this. IF you want to leave then just go, no one will miss you. Not you not me not anyone. Its a game, u get bored u can play another game or make a break or stop at all. If you want to help the game in this way then you are not helping at all. I left the game many times, why? Well I got bored of it, the game didn't feel fun anymore. I started semi casual again bcs of the story. But thats my perspective of the game it dosen't have to be urs. And many old players left, you didn't see them bitching? Anyway, relay stop bitching and enjoy the game, play the game dont be the game for heaven sake. Grow up, stop crying and you might understand what I am talking about. But I know you wont because you cant understand a word I am saying or you just dont want to. And that is ok, because its lose. But the again when you learn that the world is not about you or me you will get much further in life. Best regards and GL   

Reasons to continue playing:

-You enjoy playing the game

Reasons to quit playing:

-You don't enjoy playing the game

This isn't rocket science. You play, because you want to. If you don't want to, there's nothing stopping you from leaving.

Furthermore, if YOU don't want to play, don't convince OTHER people to not play. They can decide for themselves.

There are broken classes in PVP, 100% agree with that. Been playing almost 9 months now, main is a BM, struggle in PVP it's not my thing, but i am learning it slowly. Started a WL as my alt, and just started into PVP with it in 1v1 and 3v3 and have had more success with it early on then I ever did with BM (which I am way more proficient at PVE then I am with WL)

Ping is also huge for PVP. I am not bad at 80-120ms in Canada, usually steady, if i draw someone with 300 ping, I win because my delay is so much less, and it's obvious when you get these matches.

Loosing over and over again in PVP is frustrating, but it's also about the learning curve, and that's why I am personally learning it. Once I've had enough, I leave and go do something else. Rage quitting an entire game? Seems a little harsh. The guys in my clan that do PVP as their main thing, they sucked too, at first, but put in thousands of matches, literally, and have learned what every class is capable of doing, and have learned to recognize certain patterns that start to emerge from people with similar play styles. 

1v1 and 3v3 are only balanced to the point of stats and gear, you can't balance experience, just become more experienced yourself. Another point to consider is that if you draw a lvl 30 in arena, or are level 30, and your opponent is 55.. well, good luck to you without all your skills unlocked, or easy win for you because you have more options.. it's just the reality of the system.

18 hours ago, Evilline said:

You know you just said the same stuff I did? U are not the the brightest mind here. Anyway, ill make it simple so you don't have to spend to much braincells.

People are leaving the game, and if they leave they should do it. But they don't need to make leaveing threads like this. IF you want to leave then just go, no one will miss you. Not you not me not anyone. Its a game, u get bored u can play another game or make a break or stop at all. If you want to help the game in this way then you are not helping at all. I left the game many times, why? Well I got bored of it, the game didn't feel fun anymore. I started semi casual again bcs of the story. But thats my perspective of the game it dosen't have to be urs. And many old players left, you didn't see them bitching? Anyway, relay stop bitching and enjoy the game, play the game dont be the game for heaven sake. Grow up, stop crying and you might understand what I am talking about. But I know you wont because you cant understand a word I am saying or you just dont want to. And that is ok, because its lose. But the again when you learn that the world is not about you or me you will get much further in life. Best regards and GL   

"But they don't need to make leaveing threads like this"

Why? because you think it's bad publicity? Can be nice if NCS use the information and learn something.

What is all this man? 

stop bitching

play the game dont be the game

Grow up

stop crying and you might understand what I am talking about

when you learn that the world is not about you or me you will get much further in life

LOL you are crazy man lol

Sr is obvious we have different opinions! why you start saying this:  "You know you just said the same stuff I did"

I agree with you when you say im not the brightest mind here I'm 100% sure that I'm not

But is obvious I'm better than you.

Read my post again is obvious you dont understand anything and like i say before and you even underline  Just RELAX man You're taking this very seriously.

For me it's interesting why one leave the game, what's the reason behind this. It's true that you can't please every single person, but I agree on some points stated by OP. The game is not ideal, but it could be. The ideal game is when players (most of them) are happy, and company is happy.

I, personally, don't like this p2skip time thing, the game should only earn money on things not affecting gameplay in any way (like cosmetics and more cosmetics/special animations/etc.), or at least lower it to a level where you can buy mats equal to time you wasn't logged in. There are some cases, where a guy that just started playing outgears my 3 month time invested character - that's not fair. Other than that I really wonder why on earth battlegrounds require pvp gear, while 1v1 and 3v3 don't. I'd rather make 6v6 gear independant and move pvp gear for open-world, encouraging players to do open-world pvp at the same time.

I myself am a returning player. I left a game about a year ago from similar reasons: I didn't like how BnS was evolving towards rewarding "premium players" all the time. Came back to see how it's now... and it's not that good as I hoped it would be. Don't get me wrong, I still like this game for stunning graphics, fun combat system and cool pvp, but everything else is just as bad. As there's no better alternative, I'll stick to this game for now.

Personally, I have to say I feel really exhausted to play this game as time goes by. The more time I spend on this game, the more tiredness come to myself. Everyday, I have to go through daily quest and try to wait for a chance to go through my weekly quest. People feel much more likely to play under their little group.  

Also, severe lang makes me mad on this game. 120 ms and sudden latency will never make me possible to play my favorite class. 

Anyway, I went back to play bns because right now is my winter break. However, I don't know how much time I could spend to hold on it. 

I returned from a few months break to level up my gunner and to review the story (it's awesome for mmorpg, I love it). Will leave again when will get busy/bored. Yes, this game has some technical issues (or you can even say a lot of issues) but still it's a good game and I like it a lot.

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 2:11 AM, Oneida Kestrel said:

I don't have problems when people leave the game. But imo, the right way to do it is:

Leave some feedback > Quit silently. There is no need to post it on Forums because it's not gonna help NCsoft or the players. NCsoft will know it if their playerbase shrinks

I disagree -- if people don't know why others are leaving, they might feel they are the only one with "similar problems".  At least someone can read someone's good-bye notice and either 1) not relate because it isn't their experience or 2) relate, but not taking the same actions ...or somewhere between extremes. 

To those that naysay the O.P., it is obviously not your experience, and that's great to know as well, though for those who neysay -- if they get defensive, make me wonder if they don't somewhat agree with the O.P., but hope that things will get better...  dunno....I'm too new to know up from down.  :-)

astara

All i can comment to this thread is that its insanely ridiculous i cant play a game i love just because i have very high ping 300-400 ms even more and i live 2 states away from the thing SMH I Hope They Can Make There Servers Or Lvl 3 Bullcrap Or whatever improved soon :)

On 12/21/2017 at 7:36 AM, Grimoir said:

For the bad things you listed (in order you listed them):

- Not all lags and ping spikes are the fault of the servers or ncsoft. Most of them are caused by your isp and the route they use to reach the servers, so this is more a 50/50 chance

- As stated already by many players, if you want dev attention you have to post in the korean forum becayse the developers are from korea.

- toxic community....show me a game where it isnt xD

- afk /leechers - compared to what it was before, ncsoft did a quite good job on this part. Not ideal but it helped.

- rng is in every game, literally every game. Given some are lucky and some are cursed but still...you would need to break this down into the specific aspects to discuss it.

-  list items where you think the drop rate is too low

- define "expensive", because in my opinion upgrade costs are very decent, they are like in the middle between cheap and expensive.

- nerfed gold - old content...old content gets irrelevant and new content comes that compensates those changes.

- endless farm...welll duuuh its a korean mmo....all of them are grind, literally all, if you want to play a game where you instantly get everything maxed out, sorry to burst your bubble that game doesnt exist.

- paywalls....which paywalls? Literally all gear can be obtained by playing the game, can take a bit longer but still doable.

- unbalanced pvp/toi.....given there is some lack of balance but it cant be ideal, it comes down to skill mostly in 1v1 / 3v3 anyway, 6v6 is gear heavy so ofc there is no balance there, TOI is not meant to be easy, its not unbalanced its just challenging as its supposed to be.

- boring after story...well all games have that after story its a grind till new story shows up.

- pay events...well in bns specifically i agree on this, there are a lot of them.

- dead maps / regions....its old content thats why its dead, why would you as a level 55 do anything in a 45 level zone? Other games remove old content bns doesnt, they keep all dungeons which is a good thing.

- F9....ncsoft didnt directly destroy it, they simply made it impossible for bots to gain profit from it so it died, also considering they will be giving people free HM coins next year it will die even more.

- f2p players cant keep up....so what else is new? it happens also in all games where there is a gap between whales and f2p. And how is a new patch starting all over? Even if its starting over its for everybody even the whales not just f2p so  the same for everyone.

How is the servers not at fault??? When people keep saying that they can play other games and including myself with very good ping and dont need WTFast And Other Ping Boosters I believe they paid to cause certain people with bad lag so they have to use the programs to profit off the revenue! Call it bs or whatever but it cannot be ruled out

P.S You Can Say Im Salty,Triggered A Mad Rat Or Whatever But Im Speaking On The Behalf Of People Like Me And Just Alike 

4 hours ago, CoolKnight said:

How is the servers not at fault??? When people keep saying that they can play other games and including myself with very good ping and dont need WTFast And Other Ping Boosters I believe they paid to cause certain people with bad lag so they have to use the programs to profit off the revenue! Call it bs or whatever but it cannot be ruled out

P.S You Can Say Im Salty,Triggered A Mad Rat Or Whatever But Im Speaking On The Behalf Of People Like Me And Just Alike 

Here's the thing, majority of the people(presumed on how many complain about ping versus how many players there are in the game in total who don't say anything) do not have lag problems normally unless its ddos attack or something. Now if it was 100% servers that are at fault, every single player in this game would suffer ping issues correct? Then why majority of the players have no problems? It means it's not completely servers fault. Servers are part of your ping problems yes, no body denies that servers aren't that great but it's not completely the servers that cause it. It can be absolutely anything else in between you and the servers in addition to the servers that causes so much ping problems.

As for ping boosters, if you live close enough that you know your ping should be decent and ping booster works and decreases ping and lag a lot then with common sense that suggests you have a problem in the route your connection takes without a ping booster because ping booster redirects you to another route bypassing some the faulty route you'd normally take.

So stop blaming the servers 100% when common sense says otherwise. Unless you are a isp technician or something you have no idea what could possibly cause these problems. It can be absolutely anything down to 1 single wrong configuration in any part of your route that makes the ping be bad as not all connections work the same.

9 hours ago, Astarae said:

I disagree -- if people don't know why others are leaving, they might feel they are the only one with "similar problems".  At least someone can read someone's good-bye notice and either 1) not relate because it isn't their experience or 2) relate, but not taking the same actions ...or somewhere between extremes. 

To those that naysay the O.P., it is obviously not your experience, and that's great to know as well, though for those who neysay -- if they get defensive, make me wonder if they don't somewhat agree with the O.P., but hope that things will get better...  dunno....I'm too new to know up from down.  :-)

astara

What I mean is,

Instead of spreading demotivation and standing on the top of a hill and screaming that you're quitting with a megaphone, isn't going to help anyone. Not NCsoft, not us.

With feedback, they know enough. You tell us what you like(d) about BnS, and what you didn't like. Then quit silently. There is always something you liked about BnS, that's how you got into the game and most likely leveled up to 55.

Also, I'm not "White Knighting" or anything, it's the truth. If I dislike Spongebob Squarepants (I love Spongebob Squarepants) because it has nasty jokes that are not appriopriate to small children, I do not bark about it on social media. Because it does not help and no one really cares. Do you know what I mean?

1 hour ago, Oneida Kestrel said:

What I mean is,

Instead of spreading demotivation and standing on the top of a hill and screaming that you're quitting with a megaphone, isn't going to help anyone. Not NCsoft, not us.

With feedback, they know enough. You tell us what you like(d) about BnS, and what you didn't like. Then quit silently. There is always something you liked about BnS, that's how you got into the game and most likely leveled up to 55.

Also, I'm not "White Knighting" or anything, it's the truth. If I dislike Spongebob Squarepants (I love Spongebob Squarepants) because it has nasty jokes that are not appriopriate to small children, I do not bark about it on social media. Because it does not help and no one really cares. Do you know what I mean?

But OP clearly pointed out why he leaves, he gave his feedback on what's wrong (in his opinion) with the game... and I agree with him mostly. Quitting silently doesn't help any1, that's like sweeping problems under the carpet. The more ppl talk about problems, the more realistic impact we can make to change things.

8 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

Here's the thing, majority of the people(presumed on how many complain about ping versus how many players there are in the game in total who don't say anything) do not have lag problems normally unless its ddos attack or something. Now if it was 100% servers that are at fault, every single player in this game would suffer ping issues correct? Then why majority of the players have no problems? It means it's not completely servers fault. Servers are part of your ping problems yes, no body denies that servers aren't that great but it's not completely the servers that cause it. It can be absolutely anything else in between you and the servers in addition to the servers that causes so much ping problems.

As for ping boosters, if you live close enough that you know your ping should be decent and ping booster works and decreases ping and lag a lot then with common sense that suggests you have a problem in the route your connection takes without a ping booster because ping booster redirects you to another route bypassing some the faulty route you'd normally take.

So stop blaming the servers 100% when common sense says otherwise. Unless you are a isp technician or something you have no idea what could possibly cause these problems. It can be absolutely anything down to 1 single wrong configuration in any part of your route that makes the ping be bad as not all connections work the same.

I will let you win this argument if you can answer these 2 question

Why is my route so bad to this 1 game onlyyyy And Not The Rest? Do You Think Its Fair Some Have To Pay For A Ping Booster That Lives 2 STATES!!! Away Or Less?! Whats funny i could prob play another version of Bns Overseas and get lower Ms Than My Own Country! LOL Thats Sad 

7 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

So you're a isp tech yourself to tell me its the route i presume? I just want answers not trying to start a flaming war here! Its frustrating and nobody from Ncsoft its not willing to cooperate on the issue... I See many post complaining and nothing being done 

4 hours ago, Mimikio said:

But OP clearly pointed out why he leaves, he gave his feedback on what's wrong (in his opinion) with the game... and I agree with him mostly. Quitting silently doesn't help any1, that's like sweeping problems under the carpet. The more ppl talk about problems, the more realistic impact we can make to change things.

True... But hay, I'm not quitting for those reasons, but I do find a few issues of my own that coincide with his that I'm glad he brought up here and at least we know CMs are watching it.  Nor am I quitting at all.

Example: Lately afk'ers been getting kicked from dungeon runs and raids of MSP. YAY! However, I too think there paywalls for those that want to get a huge stage 9/10 item or even to an awakened item like the soul. Yes you can get there from grinding for years. Yes you can get there from paying a lot faster. And it almost seems like its a mandatory way of getting there because of how easy it is in that regard. 

F8 cross server should be more helpful to new players, but often you'll find that if a party has 4 or more with that left icon by their name, instead of the players seeing that as additional loot, they will just leave the party and not say anything or even try with the party. So for me, that is the only real issue I see with toxic community at times. Have been other issues, but that's the only one that is always in my face when it comes to runs of simple dungeons like DT and EC normal modes. 

Above someone talked about F2P players not able to keep up. I would say that even paying players that just started out within the last 2 months can't catch up to the whales either. This is mostly true, but doubly true if you add in the amount of funds, materials, and such you'd have to grind to catch up to even a baby whale. I can see it being a reason for some to leave, but it can also be a source of accomplishment when when gets up there too. That being said, it has been the only thing that been bothering me about this game that by the time I'm even near the baby whales the game has added something new and gone higher up for AP requirements and such. 

Oh and the last thing, the ping issue. I have normally have from 90 ms to 120ms ping... for me its not much of an issue except for when I'm playing anything but say a range class... Not exactly sure why I feel that way but I got hurt a lot trying to play sin and KFM, and didn't seem to hit as much or as fast as some others when trying to play classes like WL and FM. However, later on I learned why, I periodically have lag spikes that take me up to 170 ms ping. No other games I play have this issue. My normal ping is usually from about 100ms and for a sudden lag spike to 170 ms ping, seems ridiculous. However, it happens and gets annoying when it does. And no it's not my ISP and its not my connection or bandwidth usage. I know this because I can play other korean games not from NCSoft and not encounter the lag at all. 

1 hour ago, KiraKamelia said:

Example: Lately afk'ers been getting kicked from dungeon runs and raids of MSP. YAY! However, I too think there paywalls for those that want to get a huge stage 9/10 item or even to an awakened item like the soul. Yes you can get there from grinding for years. Yes you can get there from paying a lot faster. And it almost seems like its a mandatory way of getting there because of how easy it is in that regard.

Yeah. that's why it's sth they should do about. I don't mind ppl paying for upgrades, as long as it's fair for f2p players. Let's say I farm mats for 2 weeks, 10 hours a day, and some guy couldn't play/didn't want to waste his life on farming  - in that case Hongmoon Store should offer him mats equal to his absence (enumerated by average daily income of mats), so if he wants to be on my eq lvl, he pays and gets to EQUAL lvl as I am currently. And there's another situation, where I play for 2 weeks straight, 10hrs/day, and the other guy just picks up his wallet and gets more mats in one credit card swipe than I got for 2 weeks of farm. I know it's not convenient for ppl who actually pay, but the gap between f2p players and wallet warriors is just too huge... not to mention, btw, events which suppose to be same for all, but yet again, they favor wallet warriors.

1 hour ago, KiraKamelia said:

F8 cross server should be more helpful to new players, but often you'll find that if a party has 4 or more with that left icon by their name, instead of the players seeing that as additional loot, they will just leave the party and not say anything or even try with the party. So for me, that is the only real issue I see with toxic community at times. Have been other issues, but that's the only one that is always in my face when it comes to runs of simple dungeons like DT and EC normal modes.

Because whales usually have higher expectations. They USUALLY want to team up with guys of equal gear, so that they can snowball through the dungeon with ease, not even care about mechanics.

Well I bought the highest pack during initial west release, and left after 6 months. 

Surprise! I came back this month and I am currently having a blast.

1) BnS still has fast paced combat that doesn't feel stagnant to me. Instead of blowing all my cooldowns and waiting for timers to refresh like in other MMOs, some of the abilities do different things depending on the context in which they were used. Doing (or failing) combos makes the game a labor of love for me. No other game gives me that kind of combat atm

2) While it took a time to get used to the new "One or the other" element builds and streamlined skill trees, I actually enjoy it more than the way it used to be. This is easier to keep track of than the enormous skill trees of redundancy of the past imho.

3) I don't mind the dead areas because my low-level characters are spoon-fed gear through the story missions now, soloing my way through the story is enjoyable, and since i am a fan of old school hong kong action theater and wuxia mythology, this story is enjoyable for me; revisiting the cutscenes is no different that re-watching my old favorite movies. I'll skip a scene or two here and there but reliving some of the ore touching moments is always a joy. I LOVE THE GAMES SOUNDTRACK!

4) Sure ... All the extra currencies and gem are obnoxious, i would much rather there be 3 currencies tops and have done with. However, i have to admit but i have played enough hunt and gather games to not get too frustrated by it. Besides just knowing how much effort it takes to get certain costumes lets me know at a glance, how much effort (not just cash) a person put into the game.

5) On the subject of whales... They don't bother me, but its in my personality to not give a crud about being the best in everyone else's eyes. I want to progress at my pace in my time. There are some things i think are a total waste of money to buy in this game, while othe things i will plunk down my cash for convenience or cosmetics. Never will i spend money to get the favor of elitists waving their wallets in my face (But hey, if they gift me stuff ill happily take it!) Elitism only affects me by how much i let it, and that usually is once in a blue moon... I usually ditch before they can start throwing their superiority complex in my face.

Regardless ... People leave, people come back, and there are those who have been here since day one. In they end they are going to do what makes them happy, you cant really expect anything more or less.

36 minutes ago, Scorpaeon said:

Regardless ... People leave, people come back, and there are those who have been here since day one. In they end they are going to do what makes them happy, you cant really expect anything more or less.

Well, that's not totally true. Sometimes, even if the game is nice, ppl will be forced to leave due to company's actions... and yeah, if you can afford to pay some, the game will be nice for you.

Archived