Reasons to leave BNS

Kaladina

8 hours ago, Oneida Kestrel said:

What I mean is,

Also, I'm not "White Knighting" or anything, it's the truth. If I dislike Spongebob Squarepants (I love Spongebob Squarepants) because it has nasty jokes that are not appriopriate to small children, I do not bark about it on social media. Because it does not help and no one really cares. Do you know what I mean?

Wouldn't it be similar to say they aren't Dark Knighting if what they post is the truth too?

As for your analogy about SB-SP, first, you can't say no one cares.  If no one cared, no one would have responded to their post.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CoolKnight said:

I will let you win this argument if you can answer these 2 question

Why is my route so bad to this 1 game onlyyyy And Not The Rest? Do You Think Its Fair Some Have To Pay For A Ping Booster That Lives 2 STATES!!! Away Or Less?! Whats funny i could prob play another version of Bns Overseas and get lower Ms Than My Own Country! LOL Thats Sad 

First and foremost the way connection works in BnS is different than in for example Overwatch as there's more data to process in overall so that increases the overall ping. Secondly normal ping( that is shown in game ping) in BnS is 90-150. That ping corresponds a 40-90ms ping connection + the time it takes for server to process your data and send them to you, therefore it goes in game to 90-150ms. Now the third one and this is my theory based on my observations in the server and which is probably the half reason why you all have bad ping.

The servers most likely have a processing prioritizer, what that means is server queues every single player into a line for processing. Low ping players will be in this queue first so they suffer small increase in ping, however high ping players will be at the end of this queue always and these players will suffer an increased ping due to this. Also if server really works like this, any disturbance to your connection or if you just live so far away will magnify the ping even further causing lots of lags. Reason why the processing increases the ping so much is most likely due to Unreal Engine. This engine most likely does most or some of your graphical light and shadow calculations needed so that means these are done by the server and not your pc.

If your route has any faults(second half reason), which btw is very difficult to diagnose as there's too many possiblities, that will increase your ping by a loooooooot.  Even an increased traffic in your particular route will cause an increased ping in BnS's case. I agree you shouldn't need a ping boosters but what can you do if half of the problems lies in between you and the server.

2 hours ago, Amarathiel said:

First and foremost the way connection works in BnS is different than in for example Overwatch as there's more data to process in overall so that increases the overall ping. Secondly normal ping( that is shown in game ping) in BnS is 90-150. That ping corresponds a 40-90ms ping connection + the time it takes for server to process your data and send them to you, therefore it goes in game to 90-150ms. Now the third one and this is my theory based on my observations in the server and which is probably the half reason why you all have bad ping.

The servers most likely have a processing prioritizer, what that means is server queues every single player into a line for processing. Low ping players will be in this queue first so they suffer small increase in ping, however high ping players will be at the end of this queue always and these players will suffer an increased ping due to this. Also if server really works like this, any disturbance to your connection or if you just live so far away will magnify the ping even further causing lots of lags. Reason why the processing increases the ping so much is most likely due to Unreal Engine. This engine most likely does most or some of your graphical light and shadow calculations needed so that means these are done by the server and not your pc.

If your route has any faults(second half reason), which btw is very difficult to diagnose as there's too many possiblities, that will increase your ping by a loooooooot.  Even an increased traffic in your particular route will cause an increased ping in BnS's case. I agree you shouldn't need a ping boosters but what can you do if half of the problems lies in between you and the server.

The only solution is to quit lol/be forced out...I thought the one in china gives a free ping booster why cant ncsoft here cant :/ This is messed up fr

Well, I still think this is a lovely game, but for those who have a lot of free time to remain in the statics. If the end game progression based on raiding and staying in the statics changes in the future, I would come back and be happy to spend on this game again. Until then, I have to go somewhere else because I can't progress not taking part in the raids. I can't see myself raiding for 2 hours in my only two free days in the week if that's necessary for the raid.

I like to check out the state of the game to see if anything changes. I liked BnS a lot more prior to the raiding system being introduced.

On 23-12-2017 at 2:41 PM, Mimikio said:

But OP clearly pointed out why he leaves, he gave his feedback on what's wrong (in his opinion) with the game... and I agree with him mostly. Quitting silently doesn't help any1, that's like sweeping problems under the carpet. The more ppl talk about problems, the more realistic impact we can make to change things.

Feedback: I like chocolate, but it's unhealthy. So I don't eat it.

Like I said, NCsoft will notice it when their playerbase shrinks. Their income will drop and less players will be around in the game. So announcing that you are quitting is kinda the same like me telling you guys that I dislike Spongebob and stop watching it.

On 23-12-2017 at 9:16 PM, Astarae said:

Wouldn't it be similar to say they aren't Dark Knighting if what they post is the truth too?

As for your analogy about SB-SP, first, you can't say no one cares.  If no one cared, no one would have responded to their post.

Saying "the game is horrible" is not the truth. Because not everyone agrees. I think the decisions on it are horrible but I already made that point clear by spending no money on it. Which has nothing to do with the player community. It has to do with them not getting my money^^ And they will notice it.

On 12/24/2017 at 5:37 PM, Oneida Kestrel said:

Saying "the game is horrible" is not the truth. Because not everyone agrees. I think the decisions on it are horrible but I already made that point clear by spending no money on it. Which has nothing to do with the player community. It has to do with them not getting my money^^ And they will notice it.

Okays, so what I see not wrong with the game is that... 

• you can play as range mages in a martial arts game... okays so thats a bit wrong but hay its nice for those that like mages
  • You can get a decent entry level geared character easily
  • You can have a blast soloing things up to a point
  • The interface is customizable but the customizer can be hard to arrange with snapping...
  • Oh and I almost forgot to mention the Kitty, this game is a cat lovers dream =^.^=

So whats wrong, well, everything that people said... I guarantee you this, that even though you and likely many others haven't spent a dime on this game. There has been enough people that have spent money on it, even if they do not like certain things with it, that it gives a profit to NCWest and NCSoft. 

I'm sure that new players will come to it and see 1.2k AP players and be like "Wow! I can get to that point" and get their characters to 55 and then start grinding up a storm and see that in order to compete and catch up, that they need to spend money here and will without ever thinking of the bad things. For instance, besides the comment on the kitten, its hard to find things I like about the game, but I still play it every day and still enjoy playing it. And yes, I'm clanless on my main and though I know that limits my progression some, right now I don't mind it. 

Have you ever thought that even if the player base shrinks, that the servers will just get merged again to a single server for NA for instance? In games like SkyForge, they only have one server per geographical region, e.g. NA server and EU server. And those whales (big and small, even the baby whales) will still likely put money into the game. Therefore, even with a bad storyline that is just aweful to play through even for the first time (skipped through every bit of it and hate listening to Lusung talk his speeches), they still did that same thing with the update and likely with future updates too... 

And with players asking for xxx AP numbers, and with content having complicated mechanics (example NS being one of the first ones I seen get messed up badly), you aren't likely to get rid of the toxic player base nor are you likely to get rid of those that want easy runs either... :( 

So if all the bad out weigh the good, and you don't have any reasons to play or even enjoy the game for something to do in your free time... Then good luck on finding a game that is enjoyable and all. But almost every game has a similar community to this one and most games have complex mechanics for dungeons (they call it a challenge, but meh, you can avoid running them if you want... you don't need the best gear in the game). 

As a solo player I feel like leaving many times lol. I don't have anyone to tell me where to get things or help me do so and I always get called stuff on dungeons and F8. I honestly feel anxious everytime I see raids on daily challenge lol (I can't even do raids cause I'm under 900AP). I agree sometimes things can get you down, I guess leaving is always a choice. I stay cause I like the overall game and my characters. 

On 12/26/2017 at 8:33 AM, reichan said:

As a solo player I feel like leaving many times lol. I don't have anyone to tell me where to get things or help me do so and I always get called stuff on dungeons and F8. I honestly feel anxious everytime I see raids on daily challenge lol (I can't even do raids cause I'm under 900AP). I agree sometimes things can get you down, I guess leaving is always a choice. I stay cause I like the overall game and my characters. 

You can always ask in forums, and even in faction chat / region chat and there will always be someone to answer your questions and help out :)

21 hours ago, Zagaroth said:

tired when u see your opponent all with grillded gem in 6v6, the feeling that become punching bag again, nah i think this is as far as i go

6v6 is in general a "whale cancer". It would be so much better if they added an extra option with equalized whirwind and beluga.

There are plenty of reasons. To each their own. Honestly, I'm much too tired to care about this game, let alone post in the forums. Yet here I am, dissatisfied 'n' disappointed indulging in a sea of discontent thought while feeling good about a future of uncertainties.

On 24.12.2017 at 11:27 PM, Oneida Kestrel said:

Feedback: I like chocolate, but it's unhealthy. So I don't eat it.

I mean... did we even read the same post, or...?

This is taken from OP's post (I'll arrange it so that way you should be able to see it now):
- Crushes all the time
- insane ping spikes, insane ping at all
- super unbalanced pvp in the arena, and amazingly stupid pvp in the "battlegrounds" as they call them(no matter that everyone there is pve speced)
- game moderators never answer to the players in their own forum,
- they release new content all the time but full of bugs,
- ban forum accounts to people who actually ask the right questions

I know that those reasons are very general, he didn't went into any details (call it temporary rant/rage/whatever), but if you actually play the game, you can clearly relate to some, or even most of the problems (like I, f2p player, can). If you don't see any problems, you either are:
- blind (sorry though, don't take this as a personal insult)
- willing to pay some money from time to time, because you can afford it
- a whale, that can spend a lot of money on the game - that is fine, too; your money, your decisions.

They can make a lot of changes, but they're too greedy for money. The store was made the most toxic way possible, rewarding ppl with big wallet (very profitable for them, I bet). In my opinion, p2skip_time should AT LEAST be balanced to a level, where you can't skip time that fast (actually mentioned some ways it can be done in my previous posts), OR they should only stick to things that are not affecting the game at all, so that it can be fair for every1, eg. cosmetics and even more cosmetics.

Archived