Forums

Why don't just make a single black gem that increases all element damage instead of having six gems with six different elements?

Kozuki

Would be more convenient, build-friendly and alt-friendly that way. Also, it trims down the UI and lessen the number of items you have to care about (6 types of pentagonal obsidian -> 6 types of hexagonal one -> 6 types of heptagonal one -> future six types of (more edges))

After all, even if it increases damage of all six elements, every class can only use two of these elements.

1 gem boosts all elements means you only need 1 gem per 1 character right...? Now NC is selling black gems in trove so they naturally would want players to  trove for them as much as possible, thus they divide the elements so that players need trove for 2 black gems instead of one if they wanna play both elements. It's called maximizing the sales potential...

P/s: Please excuse my cynicism... :D

It's called a business model, company needs to make money to stay afloat.

Ever since this last update so many people have been complaining about every little thing.  Have you guys ever played a game with an actual grind?  People complain about upgrading gear, go play TEA and tell me how long its gonna take you to make top tier Vision maker gear, MONTHS for 1 piece(unless amount of mats needed has dropped in the last couple years.)  Go play Conquer Online and tell me how long it takes you to get max level with AT LEAST one Reborn, i played for about 2 years and never saw max level(120 back then) nor even minimum Reborn level(110), also never had high tier +ed gear or super quality, in those 2 years I only ever saw ONE Dragonball drop, which you need A LOT to upgrade to Super quality gear.  This game is a cake walk as far as upgrading and farming compared to all the other games I come from.  Stop complaining about stupid shit and enjoy the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing game, holy shit.

I think it should stay as is just because i think if someone has time to gear an alt, he has time to farm the engines.

Given i would like if the gems had double elements and be class specific instead of element specific so i.e. Summoner gem with earth / wind, gunner gem with fire/shadow etc...

Well I got a black gem last trove an when it comes up it is not just 1-2 element gems it has all the elements if you unlocked all the trove slots.

It is a good idea making them give the gems all elements damage. Then ppl can switch elements if needed. Mostly likely won't happen but good idea none the less.

• 11 months later...

On 12/19/2017 at 7:53 PM, Kozuki said:

Would be more convenient, build-friendly and alt-friendly that way. Also, it trims down the UI and lessen the number of items you have to care about (6 types of pentagonal obsidian -> 6 types of hexagonal one -> 6 types of heptagonal one -> future six types of (more edges))

After all, even if it increases damage of all six elements, every class can only use two of these elements.

They will be overhauling the elemental system soon, so you will get your wish.  By that, I mean they are removing elemental damage and consolidating it into one new stat now.

36 minutes ago, wcnighthawk said:

They will be overhauling the elemental system soon, so you will get your wish.  By that, I mean they are removing elemental damage and consolidating it into one new stat now.

That comes hand in hand with the awakening skill update unless they break the update up in 2 parts. You will no longer have elements such as fire, shadow, frost. Everything will be converted into 1 "Element Power". Accessories and such will still be based on builds so you will still need to plan accordingly. Also, its not exactly a marketing thing when everything they sell minus outfits / weapon skins of course can be obtained by normal means. 120 Solar Energy is equal to 1 Hexagonal Elemental Gem. Trove and such are there to offer a shortcut for players which yes in turn makes the company money.

46 minutes ago, Princess Kitty said:

summoner need Hexagonal Garnet or Hexagonal Dueler Garnet ? some one help me please 

Hexagonal garnet = PVE and its one of the BiS gems.

hexagonal dueler garnet = PVP and it depends on you if its worth for PVP or not.

55 minutes ago, Princess Kitty said:

summoner need Hexagonal Garnet or Hexagonal Dueler Garnet ? some one help me please 

Dueler is PVP, are you PVPing?

2 hours ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

That comes hand in hand with the awakening skill update unless they break the update up in 2 parts. You will no longer have elements such as fire, shadow, frost. Everything will be converted into 1 "Element Power". Accessories and such will still be based on builds so you will still need to plan accordingly. ...

Yes, this. Though I saw that they were converting it, at least in CN region (who knows how it will come to us), as 'Physical' with accessories being able to be antique exchanged to the new accessories. Likely this means Obsidian gems will be converted to 'physical' (or 'elemental power' as you stated, which I like better). Accessories that affect specific skills will not be the same exact accessory, but my guess is ones that have the same exact stats, just different elements, will be the same, so that you can use them on every spec. This means you'll still see differences in items like Mystic Badges (some of which currently enhance elemental damage) based on spec, while items like rings and earrings will convert to the same item (as in you'll exchange a shadow element ring and/or a wind element ring, and you'd receive the same item back, but not the case with an Aransu badge which is also based on specific skills). Gems seem subject to the same exchange, all Obsidians may convert into the same 'elemental power' gem, and unless NC does something like offer different substats on Obsidians (like say, crit, crit damage, accuracy, etc) they'll all consolidate into one type of gem, like a Garnet.

49 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Hexagonal garnet = PVE and its one of the BiS gems.

hexagonal dueler garnet = PVP and it depends on you if its worth for PVP or not.

43 minutes ago, Noalaa said:

Dueler is PVP, are you PVPing?

Yes, this. Though I saw that they were converting it, at least in CN region (who knows how it will come to us), as 'Physical' with accessories being able to be antique exchanged to the new accessories. Likely this means Obsidian gems will be converted to 'physical' (or 'elemental power' as you stated, which I like better). Accessories that affect specific skills will not be the same exact accessory, but my guess is ones that have the same exact stats, just different elements, will be the same, so that you can use them on every spec. This means you'll still see differences in items like Mystic Badges (some of which currently enhance elemental damage) based on spec, while items like rings and earrings will convert to the same item (as in you'll exchange a shadow element ring and/or a wind element ring, and you'd receive the same item back, but not the case with an Aransu badge which is also based on specific skills). Gems seem subject to the same exchange, all Obsidians may convert into the same 'elemental power' gem, and unless NC does something like offer different substats on Obsidians (like say, crit, crit damage, accuracy, etc) they'll all consolidate into one type of gem, like a Garnet.

thanks so much guys im pve ^_^

I think sooner or later when we get awakening we will have Obsidian as Skill Force Gem, rather than all Elemental gems. Which would make sense on why they would want to compress all the Elements into 1 Stat so maybe there would be more space for future gems and with all the gems right now it's quite ridiculous on how many we would have to worry about.

On 12/20/2017 at 1:53 AM, Kozuki said:

I think they plan to remove all the different elements and only have elemental power or something, so I'm pretty sure this will happen eventually. Unless they figure out a new way to make everything way too complicated and costly ...

Wind / Lightning / Earth/ fire / Ice / shadow damage on all equipments will be changed to "elemental damage" and scale with any skill that uses elemental damage, regardless which "element" build you use on a character,

With that obsidians will only have a stat called "elemental damage XXXX" and also we will be able to fuse obsidian with garnet if i remember good in the future.

So any elemental obsidians you have now which may be each different will be changed to one and the same when the patch hits.

On 12/20/2017 at 2:53 AM, Kozuki said:

Cause that will decrease the amount of grind you have to do ingame. And that's not NC's goal.

I think this will change when we get the awakened skills patch, since there will be no more class specific elemental damage, just flat elemental damage (the same we have flat AP, but with element) so basically obsidian on that patch should be just 1 type for all classes.

Archived