Forums

Ancestral Badge

Maitul

For those that have it already, what kind of gear do you have?

I've tried using Ancestral with full 8set BT, 5bt/3msp and it seems like a dps loss. Without resets, during the SP stacking, I have to 2rf.

8set BT - cooldown of BB and tremor is nice, but I miss the damage from 3set msp.

5bt/3msp - I get the damage of 3 msp back, but miss the cd of Tremor and BB.

I really feel that for this badge to be worth it to me, I need to get the Aransu Mystic badge and atleast 3set VT.

Any thoughts?

I don't have the badge here so I'm just gonna give my opinion. First of all, never and I mean NEVER should you go 8 BT under any circumstances. Yeah you may think, hey I can proc the badge more often but trust me, its not worth losing 3 piece bonus on MSP. Second of all, this badge is purely end game, there's no way you can utilize it properly without having the aransu badge and probably VT ss too, the whole point of the badge is to tremor (proc stage 4) into BB , then use the aransu passive to utilize the smooth animation + 100% crit , then tremoring again since BB reset it. Again this is my opinion but if you don't have VT gear, don't bother with this badge.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there and happy new year,

I was wondering the same and I got the ancestral badge two days ago so here my thoughts/findings:

(I'm fire KFM with no VT-gear/soulshield)

- The badge is awesome fun to play with. the instant stage 4 burst crazy good, tremor, stage 4 trash clear is ridiciulos good. 

It's just very fun to play with

- DPS wise I tried with 8-set raven soulshield and 5-raven 3-MSP. For me the 8-raven is slighty better dps (F12 Moyan test).

Compared to my old setup with Magnum batch it's also almost the same. with 2k dps different.

For shorter fights it's ofcourse better or when you get good weapon resets it's also crazy good. 

So without VT gear, it's no damage boost for long fights, but also not a loss. Burst is better and playstyle is more fun for me. And it only gets better when VT gear comes. So for me it was a good decision. 

I recommend getting it before VT gear. 

Archived