BT Earrings&Ring from vendor?

Oneida Kestrel

Hi,

Wouldn't it be a good idea if BT accessories were made available through vendor? With requirements like 10 kills on Raven King achievement and 120 Raven Feathers? Kinda like the Dark Path cosmetic set.

I already have BT accessories myself, it's just an idea for the new comers.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

No. BiS gears are meant to be hard to get, plus the way it is now is already easy. Lets keep at least a bit of the game challenging / a bit harder rather than making everything worth nothing

Because RNG = challenge.

Lol, this community never ceases to amaze me.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

No. BiS gears are meant to be hard to get, plus the way it is now is already easy. Lets keep at least a bit of the game challenging / a bit harder rather than making everything worth nothing

That is the dumbest thing I read all month. People can spend months trying bt and still never get the acc, It pure RNG, doesn't  mean challenging. Challenge come from hard mechs or solo dungeons not by chance.

+1 on the idea 

35 minutes ago, F A M E said:

That is the dumbest thing I read all month. People can spend months trying bt and still never get the acc, It pure RNG, doesn't  mean challenging. Challenge come from hard mechs or solo dungeons not by chance.

+1 on the idea 

Would you rather have a rng drop but a drop or ha ving a boss that u cdant clear with no drop cuz of it?

9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Would you rather have a rng drop but a drop or ha ving a boss that u cdant clear with no drop cuz of it?

RNG drop is only okay with the latest content, so that people will have to spend time grinding making the content relevant  for a long time, until the next content comes out.

RNG drop becomes bad when you gate player's gear progression behind an old and easy content, hoping that they continue to waste time there, then when they waste enough time to either quit the game or get what they want, they can finally move to another RNG-gated grinding in current content, until they either quit the game or get what they want again. Rinse and repeat until it all leads to they quit the game.

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I am agree is not meant to be easy thats why is one run per week :V

it funny how people say "it not meant to be easy" only because they already have what they needed. Im pretty sure the whole idea of the post is introduce a way for player who more newer in gearing up to get the acc through the vendor AFTER, I Repent, After they complete the content but prob having a token system in place. It not changing the difficult of anything..it only give a sure time when they be able obtain the gear and not feeling it pointless to run every week and still not seeing the item drop. it crazy I could swear on your life that you complain about the RNG of the game so why you defending it now?? is because you want to see other suffer the same path you went through?

p.s Ik i said I swear on YOUR  life , Im not putting my life on the line for strangers...

On 12/18/2017 at 11:48 AM, Milennin said:

Because RNG = challenge.

Lol, this community never ceases to amaze me.

I agree. We have the same circle of vultures who circle around the forums and always have something to say, JUST for the sake of saying something at all, and they usually say dumb, illogical things.

On 12/18/2017 at 11:57 AM, F A M E said:

+1 on the idea 

RNG hiding behind TIME-GATED content isn't a challenge that requires skill to overcome. It's a challenge that is overcome by grinding for it WHEN you are allowed a chance to attempt it, with RNG dictating whether or not you have to do the same dumb time-sink activity next week or not.

I have both accessories on multiple characters and I still think this is a good idea.  What the OP said about requiring the 10 kills achievement sounds good to me, you still have a chance to get your item during those 10 kills but for those who get absolutely screwed by rng at least it would only take just over 2 months of it instead of 3+ that it's taken some people.

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

um nope, then bt gear would have no value

It would. People would just have to drop gold or wait at least 10 weeks (if we go by the example OP provided) to get them "for free". You'd still need the raven feathers. 

8 hours ago, Kozuki said:

RNG drop is only okay with the latest content, so that people will have to spend time grinding making the content relevant  for a long time, until the next content comes out.

It is the latest content for accessories. There are no other accessories you have to grind after.

1 minute ago, Poporo said:

Is it Korean Forum of Korean BnS Server? 

The game follows that equipment path, also they already stated on stream they will be releasing a new belt next year january / february.

And later you will be able to farm the old non-elemental accessories from basin with peaches instead of a drop in EC / NF/ DT

I came up with this idea because well.. after 10 full BT clears, most people should be able to execute its mechanics easily ;) In other words, not much of a challenge anymore, but more like old school grinding^^ People will get less salty for not having their accessories after 9 weeks, because they will get it the week after :-)

10 kills = 10 weeks. 10 weeks is two and a half months

I do think it's a good idea, not sure what 'value' to place on the purchase - i.e. how many clears for achievement, how much cost per accessory, but considering BT is now basically a time-gated faceroll for the most part it makes sense.  In order for it to actually be an achievement the number of clears is crucial, and the cost as well.  BiS gear shouldn't be cheap or easy to get, and the earring is definitely BiS for the foreseeable future (PvE).

I personally find RNG to be a lazy game 'mechanic' that needs to be phased out, at least in NA/EU where the overwhelming majority don't like it as evidenced by the already reduced RNG compared to Korea etc...  Its a game ffs - why keep something so truly unpopular in the game design?  

Archived