Shadow build endgame gear

reichan

Hi! I finished the story on my warlock (55 HM8) and was wondering what is the best gear I can grind at this point. I'm talking razor, soulshields, accesories and any other important stuff (soul, pet ??). I'm a noob at this so it'd be great if you could help me. I play with shadow build, I'm also on Seraph stage 1.

1. Save solar energy for primal force soul badge and buy from inventory shop

2. Farm peaches and save feathers for salvo mystic badge in celestial basin (IMO getting this before using feathers to buy soul shields is more important)

3. Run BT (skybreak spire raid) for elemental accessories and soulshields

4. After completing 1 and 2, now you can buy raven soulshield piece 7 and 8 first if you haven't gotten them yet because it drops from raven king which mostly likely you wont be able to do for a while. Otherwise wait it out and keep farming as feathers can be saved and used for raven weapon upgrade path.

5. Farm naryu sanctum and mushin tower 16-19 (20 if you can) for the bracelet (tiger for PVE dragon for PVP/ToI)

6. Make sure to learn and run all 3 weekly daily challenge raids for feathers and wings.

7. Farm dailies for gold, other legendary accessories (belt and necklace), and get elemental earring and ring if you haven't got the BT ones yet.

8. Weapon path I went riftwalk (from seraph stage 12) as the leech CD will make the rotation much smoother and consistent plus it's cheaper. However, raven will do more dps.

9. Whenever you get chance/gold/money, your soul upgrade will be very important in dps. Try to get at least awakened energy toward cosmic as shadow is more consistent damage over time instead of initial burst. If you were ice build though, transcendent would work too. I save my soul upgrades for events as this is where I will get most oils as a F2P player.

10. Pets not as important but do help with survival. Whenever you can upgrade.

Tip: You should have 5 piece skypetal and 3 piece raven soulshield set. I would recommend always checking if other WL's in your party has full raven/358 hive set as their SB CD will be quicker so don't run SB and switch over to TD. If you use your SB, the other WL will have to wait out your CD.

On 12/16/2017 at 2:09 PM, EZAXIS said:

2. Farm peaches and save feathers for salvo mystic badge in celestial basin (IMO getting this before using feathers to buy soul shields is more important)

4. After completing 1 and 2, now you can buy raven soulshield piece 7 and 8 first if you haven't gotten them yet because it drops from raven king which mostly likely you wont be able to do for a while. Otherwise wait it out and keep farming as feathers can be saved and used for raven weapon upgrade path.

5. Farm naryu sanctum and mushin tower 16-19 (20 if you can) for the bracelet (tiger for PVE dragon for PVP/ToI)

6. Make sure to learn and run all 3 weekly daily challenge raids for feathers and wings.

7. Farm dailies for gold, other legendary accessories (belt and necklace), and get elemental earring and ring if you haven't got the BT ones yet.

8. Weapon path I went riftwalk (from seraph stage 12) as the leech CD will make the rotation much smoother and consistent plus it's cheaper. However, raven will do more dps.

9. Whenever you get chance/gold/money, your soul upgrade will be very important in dps. Try to get at least awakened energy toward cosmic as shadow is more consistent damage over time instead of initial burst. If you were ice build though, transcendent would work too. I save my soul upgrades for events as this is where I will get most oils as a F2P player.

Tip: You should have 5 piece skypetal and 3 piece raven soulshield set. I would recommend always checking if other WL's in your party has full raven/358 hive set as their SB CD will be quicker so don't run SB and switch over to TD. If you use your SB, the other WL will have to wait out your CD.

I have been looking for a guide for shadows XD I was just trying to look for some answers about which soul and mystic badge to get gonna save this your a life saver :3

On 12/16/2017 at 1:09 PM, EZAXIS said:

A Few More things I'd like to Add/Correct:

First off, Necklace Drops From Tomb. It's good to get this up to Stage 6 if possible.

Secondly, You're also going to want Legendary belt, which drops from Naryu Foundry (Best to get it to Stage 6 too.)

Thirdly, Farming Naryu Sanctum to get TIGER Bracelet, Since TIGER bracelet is better for Warlocks.

Also Another Tip: Anyone Warlock with Legendary Mystic Badge has a Better Soul Burn then you, So if you Soul Burn when they do, You're basically reducing the whole party's DPS by Quite a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/12/2017 at 7:09 PM, EZAXIS said:

@EZAXIS Hi, this is really very helpful. 

So looking at your advices, I'm at the point of starting with my runs in BT. For both the elemental accessories, as well as unlocking the possibility of buying Reven Soul Shields. 

If you don't mind please take a look at my build 

My main doubts are:

1. Soulshield - should I replace 3 Naryu Sanctum for 3Raven or Fallen? so I can get as indicated by your TIP? What is the best soulshield Shadow WL can have at the moment? 8 Taecheon? 

2. For Bracelet, you said farm Naryu Sanctum and Mushin Tower, Naryu Sanctum gives Tiger and Mushin gives Dragon?

3. Do you advise changing Badges to do ToI or PVP? Which Badges are best for PVP?

4. I don't PVP very often, but I want to get my HM Skills, so I think I have to slowly keep improving PVP set (soulshield) I currently have 5 Elder WL Set + 3 Naksun, where should I go from here?

Feel free to share any other advices you may have for me.

Thank you so much and have fun.

1 hour ago, Otaner said:

So looking at your advices, I'm at the point of starting with my runs in BT. For both the elemental accessories, as well as unlocking the possibility of buying Reven Soul Shields. 

My main doubts are:

1. Soulshield - should I replace 3 Naryu Sanctum for 3Raven or Fallen? so I can get as indicated by your TIP? What is the best soulshield Shadow WL can have at the moment? 8 Taecheon? 

2. For Bracelet, you said farm Naryu Sanctum and Mushin Tower, Naryu Sanctum gives Tiger and Mushin gives Dragon?

3. Do you advise changing Badges to do ToI or PVP? Which Badges are best for PVP?

4. I don't PVP very often, but I want to get my HM Skills, so I think I have to slowly keep improving PVP set (soulshield) I currently have 5 Elder WL Set + 3 Naksun, where should I go from here?

I'm not a warlock main... but i know a few things..

1: I dont know how to answer that.. 3 BT gives you extra damage on dimensional volley, if that applies to salvo aswell, it would be useful... About the best soulshield, that would be 8 VT. Taecheon is not available on NA server yet.

2: Naryu Santum gives both of them. But, if you get the wrong one from the drop, you can exchange it using the bracelet that drops on Mushin Tower 16-20F.

3: For optimal performance, yes. But i don't know the best ones for pvp.

4: Are you getting your HM skills through arena? if yes, your soulshields and badges won't matter there. But if youre doing battlegrounds, well.. what i can say is that you need a lot of critical defense.

7 hours ago, Otaner said:

My main doubts are:

Looking at your build, just pointing out some things unless you just forgot to change, but for pve, you want to spec helix into move 1. You'll get more dps. Secondly, i know its expensive and takes alot of grind but really get those hm abilities for your 4 and rmb for pve and your 2 ability for pvp/ToI.

Answering by order:

1. Since you are still running msp and xanos, the ideal ss set would be 15678 msp and 234 xanos. This way you wont lose the acc in piece 1 of msp. with raven, you will want to swap out the xanos 234 for raven 234 and work your way towards a full set. However, if you can already get a fallen 3 piece set then go with that instead. Going 5 piece msp and 3 piece raven/fallen, you'll lose a little dps from the stats on xanos, but for pve, the cd rudec. on sb will be better. Taechun is not available yet so 8 piece of fallen is BIS

The 15% added to volley i'm not sure though. There are 3 parts: volley, charge, and salvo. raven 3 set may only apply to the volley part. I have tried testing a few rotations before and saw no difference because majority of the time, leech has almost 100% uptime if you are doing your rotations correctly spamming only salvos. Can someone verify this?

2. As @Richtofen had mentioned, mushin and naryu sanctum drops both similar to one half in mushins and the other half in sanctum so you will need to combine them to make the legendary bracelet. The vendor next to the storage in mushins can switch to the one you want at the cost of yunsang prayer beads which is farmed on floor 16-20.

3. Yes change badge in ToI. Currently I use the tribute badge for both battlegrounds and ToI allowing me to ariel with block without having them have to hit into block. In ToI, start every round by summoning thrall then 1F ariel and then your thrall will almost always do a second aerial except versus sin which you should go move 1 for aoe and resist. In battlegrounds, it depends on the enemy team comp. if there are 2 or more sins/sums i'll more than likely go repluse move 1 for the aoe and resist.

4. Again for pvp, the hm ability for soul shackle is mandatory while the book for sanctum is nice as it add 4 more secs and heals 15% more but not totally necessary. You lose out on alot of dps without the double aerial on 2 ability. Get this asap. As for SS, when you can switch the naksun for 3 piece beluga. The cd reduc on bastion is massive. This will increase survivability since WL is such an immobile class with so few resist skills without resets. Because of how immobile WL is and gear based is in battlegrounds, I would recommend going for pure crit defense over pierce and become a disruptor rather than killing others.

I have farmed all my hm abilities through dungeons before they were dead lol! So now it seems the only viable way is through pvp. RNG is shit in dungeons with two of the dungeons no one barely runs anymore and the other way is spending 900+g for both halves for book 2 or 500+g for asura ember.

1 hour ago, EZAXIS said:

2. As @Richtofen had mentioned, mushin and naryu sanctum drops both similar to one half in mushins and the other half in sanctum so you will need to combine them to make the legendary bracelet. The vendor next to the storage in mushins can switch to the one you want at the cost of yunsang prayer beads which is farmed on floor 16-20.

You no longer need to combine the bracelets. Stage 1 drops directly from sanctum. The bracelet that drops on mushin is only useful to exchange the type of bracelets on stage 10.

5 hours ago, EZAXIS said:

Looking at your build, just pointing out some things unless you just forgot to change, but for pve, you want to spec helix into move 1. You'll get more dps.

I would also use move 1 even for pvp. The bonus dmg on the move 2 does not worth the cut of the base dmg after all the nerfs.

3. Yes change badge in ToI.

primal badge can work very well in toi too. Especially vs classes that can not block.

i know its expensive and takes alot of grind but really get those hm abilities

Absolutely agree. They are not that pricy right now, and you can also get them via buying the dualist bandle for 1199 nc coins.

--

Also i would recomend to use sanctum move 2 in pve. You can avoid a lot of cc from the bosses with it to help yourself and party members.

--

Once you will get BT ss set, it's higly advisable to get raven weapon as it provides a lot of dps for the shadow warlock. And with 1 min cd on your SB you can deal pretty good without -30% leach cd reduction, by rotaiting properly. The main way to rotate is to chain your bursts into one another. First goes SB, after SB ends, you are using leach. When leach ends, use V>3>V to get your leach out of cd asap, so you can use it second time before your SB comes from cd. If done right you will chennel your bursts in order: SB>Leach>Leach>SB>Leach>Leach>... And you will have about 39 seconds of burst time each 63-65 seconds. Each SB will mean a start of a new cycle of your rotation.

--

Try to get as much crit rate as you can from soul shields and whatever alse. High crit rate will smooth out your leach bursts and general rotation. Short cd soul is a must, as it will provide you with a regular boosts of crit rate. So try to awakened ascendant soul ASAP.

--

With my pleb gear i can get up to almost 160k consistant dps without any additional help

https://i.imgur.com/X9htW5C.jpg

So as a beginner you can take it as a reference point as of what you can get out of the shadow warlock.

15 hours ago, Otaner said:

I don't PVP very often, but I want to get my HM Skills, so I think I have to slowly keep improving PVP set (soulshield) I currently have 5 Elder WL Set + 3 Naksun, where should I go from here?

Don't buy HM skills for battleground points - you should just trade those for boxes that have moonstones and other resourses. Buy it with arena points - those are useless otherwise. And you don't need gear for arena - the stats are equalized there.

Hi guys, let me start to thank you all for your advices.

@EZAXIS yeah, you were right I forgot to spec correctly, I had been doing ToI and I usually change skill build.

Soulshield/Weapon

@EZAXIS I haven't seen  I was losing acc in piece 1, I'll change that, asap. It's very easy to get nº 1piece from MSP, and maybe not so hard to try and get Xanos 4.

My first impression was that 234 Raven will be worse than 234 Xanos? Should I wait until having at least 5 piece set or full Raven set before changing from Xanos?

I mentioned fallen, but i don't think I can get 3 pieces fallen yet.

@Nyaha you've mentioned, I should get Raven weapon as soon as I get Full Raven SS. I'm currently at Stage 12 Seraph, should I evolve right away to Stage 3 Raven, or should I keep moving towards riftwalk for cheaper cost and when I when I finally am able to get Raven SS move the weapon from Riftwalk to Raven?

I already have the necessary Raven Feather for the full set of Raven SS, but I haven't done BT Raid yet, I know I only have to go through 1 and 2 to unlock all SS, but I hate to be a burden in parties, and my clan doesn't run the instance and Parties are normally looking for +1.1K AP, and I'm short of for a bit.

Bracelet

@EZAXIS and @Richtofen well, good news here, Bracelet cost will change and now I think I'll be able to get my bracelet as soon as the new patch comes out. So this would be problem solved :)

PVP Badges/HM Skills/PVP SS Set

@EZAXIS and @Nyaha I'm not into PVP that much, I just want to have some conditions so I can "farm" HM Skills, if I could I would really farm HM Skills through PVE, but it seems even harder through PVE for someone that enjoys PVE than through PVP for someone that hates PVP. So, I'll try PVP just for HM Skills. 

For the Badge, I've heard good things about Trubute as well. But I don't know if it will be worthwhile the investment, I could be saving Solar Energy to try and go for Hepta Gems? (although they seem incredibly expensive).

For the HM Skills, I'll focus mainly on PVE Skills with close attention to those on 4 and RMB. Well when you say 4 you are referring to Move 1 correct? that one is already unlocked. One less to go xD.

Well and lastly @Nyaha you've mentioned I should try to get my awakened ascendant soul. The Sacred Oils seem to be a pain. I currently almost have enough Mushrooms (about 300) that can get me 2 Sacred Oils and allow to move one more step up the ladder in my Soul. But this is just a small step, I don't mind farming, but I'm kind of lost when it come to farm the mats for Sacred Oils. So if you can give me any tips, I'll be very appreciated.

Again, guys, thank you so much.

Have fun.

11 minutes ago, Otaner said:

you've mentioned I should try to get my awakened ascendant soul. The Sacred Oils seem to be a pain. I currently almost have enough Mushrooms (about 300) that can get me 2 Sacred Oils and allow to move one more step up the ladder in my Soul. But this is just a small step, I don't mind farming, but I'm kind of lost when it come to farm the mats for Sacred Oils. So if you can give me any tips, I'll be very appreciated.

The best way to get oils if you are on a tight budget - is to farm events using multiple characters. If you are still far from the awakened soul, then maybe it will be better to trade those 300 mushrooms for pet pods, sell 'em, buy hm coins, and open more character slots. And then make more alts (you will be able to try more classes along the way) so you can farm more oils with them in upcoming events.

36 minutes ago, Otaner said:

you've mentioned, I should get Raven weapon as soon as I get Full Raven SS. I'm currently at Stage 12 Seraph, should I evolve right away to Stage 3 Raven, or should I keep moving towards riftwalk for cheaper cost and when I when I finally am able to get Raven SS move the weapon from Riftwalk to Raven?

I already have the necessary Raven Feather for the full set of Raven SS, but I haven't done BT Raid yet, I know I only have to go through 1 and 2 to unlock all SS, but I hate to be a burden in parties, and my clan doesn't run the instance and Parties are normally looking for +1.1K AP, and I'm short of for a bit.

It's up to you. I went for raven straight from seraph. You will get a lot of damage with raven stage 3. The difference in damage between stage 3 and 6 is not that big. So you basically will get most of the benefits of raven even with just stage 3. But at the moment i am looking to upgrade to stage 6, mainly - to get to that 1.1k ap mark, so it will be easier to find parties. So you can go through riftwalk to get stage 6 faster at a lesser cost. But you will not be getting a lot of benefits from earlier raven stages along the way. Also, at some point you will have to train rotation with a longer leach cd, and riftwalk will not help you with this.
So you should decide how to progress for yourself.

Both paths are viable. One costs less, and another will give you more dps straight away and will demand you to get used to a new rotations and how to rmb-4-f properly to get a better sustain dps while you are waiting for cooldowns.

And you should try to get as much pieces of BT ss with crit rolls as possible. Because you will have to stick with it for a long time (VT is much harder than BT) and you need all the crit rate you can get. So you might want to get even more feathers.

• 6 months later...

Heyy fellow bns player on another note 

Wouldn't it be awesome if they added some kind of thrall customization for warlock player??? 

Reason being Thrall is a familiar and warlocks should be given a chance to make the warlock look superior although thrall looks great already 

• 8 months later...

Archived