Leaving a PVP match... NO punishment now.

VanessaFanel

Dec 13 , 2017 they changed the "leave penalty" yet again, now if you leave a match you ONLY lose 20 rank points... whats the point in staying?... if you see you are going to lose

There's no incentive to stay in a match the penalty should be like 100 rank points, originally it was 60, then 30 now 20?!!

Please change to 100 penalty points, as it stands today you could potentially lose more rank by staying in a PVP match than leaving it. 

That's true. If you have a full baleful/seraph team and they are using full PVE ss against full team of raven players, what's the point of staying? You rage quit games only lose 20 points and if you stay in game (1800vs 0), you lose about -18 to -20 points as well.

On 12/16/2017 at 12:05 AM, VanessaFanel said:

Dec 13 , 2017 they changed the "leave penalty" yet again, now if you leave a match you ONLY lose 20 rank points... whats the point in staying?... if you see you are going to lose

There's no incentive to stay in a match the penalty should be like 100 rank points, originally it was 60, then 30 now 20?!!

Please change to 100 penalty points, as it stands today you could potentially lose more rank by staying in a PVP match than leaving it. 

They made it 20 points because players are crashing because of a client issue not leaving.
Also they have a glitch atm if you dc or crash you still lose 20 points even tho you reconnected back to the match.
So whatever you are complaining about at the moment should be postponed.
Also 20 points are so much, it seems you were never been to gold before.. you earn 11-15 most of the times if you win in a high ranking game and if you lose you lose more points than what you gained.
So basically you are complaining about something you are not even aware of.

On 12/16/2017 at 6:59 AM, FrozenB said:

That's true. If you have a full baleful/seraph team and they are using full PVE ss against full team of raven players, what's the point of staying? You rage quit games only lose 20 points and if you stay in game (1800vs 0), you lose about -18 to -20 points as well.

It seems you guys are a group of silver players... Raven?? players are using a PvP weapon now mate..

2 hours ago, IHentaii said:

It seems you guys are a group of silver players... Raven?? players are using a PvP weapon now mate..

what is the point of mentioning aransu and ascendant weapon players? raven players are enough to destroy a group of players without PVP ss.

They should change the punishment back to -60 points. Right now, there are more players afking at base from beginning to the end now without even fighting once.

3 hours ago, FrozenB said:

what is the point of mentioning aransu and ascendant weapon players? raven players are enough to destroy a group of players without PVP ss.

They should change the punishment back to -60 points. Right now, there are more players afking at base from beginning to the end now without even fighting once.

You can report the AFK players, its in the ToS they can get banned for it, why dont you report them huh?
Also as I said you don't even know how the point system works and you are complaining about it.

On 18/12/2017 at 3:21 AM, IHentaii said:

it seems you are dat guy who thinks rank matters in 6v6, when everyone are equal there, it's all up to match making either you have most whales on team or you don't, there's no "skill" in 6v6.

On 12/15/2017 at 2:05 PM, VanessaFanel said:

How about we use the more accurate and more common scenario?

You enter into a match you've got a good chance of winning when your internet suddenly goes down. Let's also not forget the fact that perhaps you would lose even less points if you stayed. Making it a 100 point penalty would cause the arena to die instantly. The 60 point loss penalty almost killed the arena, and 30 point seemed fair. But the 20 point loss is actually seems ideal.

Can I also just state how anti player this sentiment is. While we're at it, we might as well add in an RNG to weapon upgrades that makes it possible for your weapon to not only fail the upgrade, but to be downgraded when you do. This is the line of reasoning your request sounds like (it's not a 1 to 1 match though).

I also understand your whole "incentivizing players to stay" thing, however, by increasing the penalty to the point where it removes hours of your time like that, creates even less incentive to continue on. All simply because we know that the servers aren't known for their stability, and random DCs do happen.

On 12/24/2017 at 7:51 AM, Tufa said:

There should be no losing points at all.  Minimal points for entry, more points for performance, minimal points for completion.  Problem solved.

Ya, I was thinking of something like that.

One day I got matched up against someone who took a great deal of effort in order to kill. However, the rewards for beating him/her were less than satisfying. I only gained around 9 points for beating someone who fought like they were above my ELO. Yet I know if I gained 9 points out of the player, it means had I lost, it would cost me 20 points!

The ELO system of this game is still in a bad spot. I still lose 20 points in matches I stood no chance in. I still lose a lot of points against my class's hard counter. The point system should be reworked to take into account things such as: the duration of the match, the ping of the two players, and the classes they were playing. That way if a Destroyer gets queued into a FM, they won't be losing 20 points every time, and a FM won't gain 20 points of Freelo. 

Archived