Anyone ever mention how god awful PVP is?

RolasuDraygan

It seems incredibly unbalanced from massive damage to waaaaaayyyy too much CC. Player characters in BNS are crazy. What's more it's never a level playing field. There's always someone with better gear, more AP, etc. I don't understand the appeal when nothing is even close to balanced. I killed an enemy summoner and their familiar kept attacking me after the summoner died. I don't think AI can be a sore loser so I'm not sure what's goin on there. There's always seemingly a whale on 1 team and kind of a whale on the other team and then the other 10 people are not all that relevant. Have you all ever fought a KFM who seemingly doesn't ever take damage or get hit by CC? You probably have and that's cause these characters are meant for PvE. They're outrageously overpowered to the point if you hit a CC first or resist all of their CC you win the fight cause every character can basically instantly kill the other. No character has enough health or defense to stand up to the even more overpowered character(s) in spite of how powerful they are and a team of them makes it just awful to deal with. It's not a challenge, it's just who groups better in the beginning of the game to snowball the victory. 

That's what pisses me off the most: This pvp mode is only about grouping. If you have 4 people and they have 2 you'll win even if 2 of your people are just meat shields. Soon as 2 of the enemy or 2 of your team is dead the team with superior numbers rotates and continues the numbers advantage THE ENTIRE GAME. 4 games in a row on the winning and losing side of the game people were camping near the spawn point. You kill off a couple, take whatever the objective is, and just camp. Make yourself cozy and pick them off if they were ever so brave as to leave their spawn. You punish them for playing, you punish them for even trying. 

If I were to balance the game mode you would enter the mode with no soulshields, no accessories, limit HM points to 20 per character, and a weapon that upgraded in damage based off kills + assists or every 100 points (the team who's falling behind would get a damage increase of 1.5 times what the winning team would get per kill+assist or every 100 points so there's some chance for comeback). The Idea is that everyone starts on equal ground and as the game goes on people are rewarded for showing more skill or strategy but at the same time there's still a tool for people on the losing team to allow them to make a comeback. It wouldn't surprise me if there were flaws or several flaws in my balancing ideas but I think it'd be better than what's out right now. 

Whoever read this whole thing about me complaining my butt off thank you for your time. You'll never see me in PvP ever again unless I hear about some changes. I can understand the appeal of PvP in the duel sense of a 1v1 fight. However, every other pvp mode... you'd have to explain the appeal to me. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb RolasuDraygan:

It seems incredibly unbalanced from massive damage to waaaaaayyyy too much CC. Player characters in BNS are crazy. What's more it's never a level playing field. There's always someone with better gear, more AP, etc. I don't understand the appeal when nothing is even close to balanced. I killed an enemy summoner and their familiar kept attacking me after the summoner died. I don't think AI can be a sore loser so I'm not sure what's goin on there. There's always seemingly a whale on 1 team and kind of a whale on the other team and then the other 10 people are not all that relevant. Have you all ever fought a KFM who seemingly doesn't ever take damage or get hit by CC? You probably have and that's cause these characters are meant for PvE. They're outrageously overpowered to the point if you hit a CC first or resist all of their CC you win the fight cause every character can basically instantly kill the other. No character has enough health or defense to stand up to the even more overpowered character(s) in spite of how powerful they are and a team of them makes it just awful to deal with. It's not a challenge, it's just who groups better in the beginning of the game to snowball the victory. 

That's what pisses me off the most: This pvp mode is only about grouping. If you have 4 people and they have 2 you'll win even if 2 of your people are just meat shields. Soon as 2 of the enemy or 2 of your team is dead the team with superior numbers rotates and continues the numbers advantage THE ENTIRE GAME. 4 games in a row on the winning and losing side of the game people were camping near the spawn point. You kill off a couple, take whatever the objective is, and just camp. Make yourself cozy and pick them off if they were ever so brave as to leave their spawn. You punish them for playing, you punish them for even trying. 

If I were to balance the game mode you would enter the mode with no soulshields, no accessories, limit HM points to 20 per character, and a weapon that upgraded in damage based off kills + assists or every 100 points (the team who's falling behind would get a damage increase of 1.5 times what the winning team would get per kill+assist or every 100 points so there's some chance for comeback). The Idea is that everyone starts on equal ground and as the game goes on people are rewarded for showing more skill or strategy but at the same time there's still a tool for people on the losing team to allow them to make a comeback. It wouldn't surprise me if there were flaws or several flaws in my balancing ideas but I think it'd be better than what's out right now. 

Whoever read this whole thing about me complaining my butt off thank you for your time. You'll never see me in PvP ever again unless I hear about some changes. I can understand the appeal of PvP in the duel sense of a 1v1 fight. However, every other pvp mode... you'd have to explain the appeal to me. 

The thing is, Battleground PvP is just the feeding ground for whales, Basicly there is nothing in the game where you have to spend hundreds of thousends of €/$ except 6vs6 where the whales can try there new toys, and thats why things never will change here.

If they change just a single thing whales and 24/7 harcore addicted gamer would lost there advantages.

More HP/defense would lenghten the fights so there burst souls and insta kill combos/makros wouldnt be that effective, so they would have to learn to play the class instead of just using 100-0 rotations.

Same for CC immunity, less dmg, and everthing else you suggest to improve the PvP experience for most players.

Just take the whole stupid items with trigger effects that just bypass any defense.

Usualy PvP means knowledge, stamina, surviveability, reflexes, koordination, strategie and taktik to overcome or exploite an enemies weakness or mistakes.

But this is oldscool and not so healthy for companys cash flow

Still as how unbalanced the 6v6 is you can still have fun. As a KFM/BM/BD player i don't have high gear. I don't have the vitality to farm 8 hour a day in 1 dungeon for days, so i have a bad gear as a result. But my skills as a PvP player is good enough for me to defend against 4-5 Whale player. Even if i dont have the gear to kil lthem i still ahve the skill to hold them up for minutes and let my team slowly dominate theirs.
And here comes the problems from my view-point:

Dear Developpers.
The pvp in this game is fantastic, but why do you guys force the players who want to enjoy pvp to do pve. What i mean is simple. Whirlind Battleground Key.  People who love to play pvp are forced to farm in pve just to get some key that not even drop most of the times. You cant get stronger just with pvp becouse you being forced to do what you dont want. Want some keys? Sure go farm the DAILY quest in the high level dungeon!! You don't got keys from the chest? No problem! You can try again... TOMORROW!!
Please for the love of pvp discard that key bullshit. If you made a battleground for people who love pvp then let them play it.

At the bottom of the ladder it sure is RNG who have whales and who get the hm 7 - 8 etc, but when you get to the top of the ladder, which they balance the bg gear around, its a whole different story.

There, everyone are whales or at least dolphins and can survive each others burst. (kinda :P)

There the fights are often quite intense and close.

So gear up, rank up and git gud ^^

PS: Having to get keys by RNG is retarded indeed, i heard in other regions there was keys as weekly rewards from BG ranking, why we dont have this :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 10:42 PM, Lata said:

The thing is, Battleground PvP is just the feeding ground for whales, Basicly there is nothing in the game where you have to spend hundreds of thousends of €/$ except 6vs6 where the whales can try there new toys, and thats why things never will change here.

If they change just a single thing whales and 24/7 harcore addicted gamer would lost there advantages.

More HP/defense would lenghten the fights so there burst souls and insta kill combos/makros wouldnt be that effective, so they would have to learn to play the class instead of just using 100-0 rotations.

Same for CC immunity, less dmg, and everthing else you suggest to improve the PvP experience for most players.

Just take the whole stupid items with trigger effects that just bypass any defense.

Usualy PvP means knowledge, stamina, surviveability, reflexes, koordination, strategie and taktik to overcome or exploite an enemies weakness or mistakes.

But this is oldscool and not so healthy for companys cash flow

The thing is there are players who are bound to play only PvP and having a PvP system like this in place discourages them from continuing. If you change the PvP so that more people can actually play it more will. That's not bad for their cash flow, it increases the number of people who would possibly buy from them. 

• 3 weeks later...

hm... almost like it should be completely separate games, like the PVP should have nothing to do with the PVE and same in reverse. I cheer this on, as long as it means there is no crossover with weapons, SS and gems. That is PVP weapons, SS and gems should not be usable in PVE and the same in reverse.

Uh-oh, i may have just ruined both games, 'cause NCsoft seems to take the worst ideas and try to make them work because stupid=profit.

On 15.12.2017 at 3:05 AM, RolasuDraygan said:

Quality babarage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived