Forums

Any chance you do something about Offals/Asura Ember

Offal of Luminance - do twisted grimhorns and you can buy it for 100g from the npc, or you can get the treasure keys dropped by mobs and open a chest that can have it aswel (not rare at all just requires some work)

Offal of Darkness - Gloomdross, seen 1 drop in the past week, 

Offal of Silence - Shattered Masts

You can also get all 3 offals from doing 6v6 or arena, and you don't even need to rank high, use your naruy coins to spin the wheel at bloodshade and get the invitations to dragonscale arena and that's 400 beans per 2 wins a day.

As for the asura ember:

- drops from Soguns lament

- You can get it from zen beans and bg merchant

- drops from the Tower of Infinity reward chests (I got 2 embers in the past 2 days just by farming tokens for my badge)

1 hour ago, MassiveEgo said:

Damn, Grim. You're one lucky player xD

Well i think of it more like..."i wanted tokens and got embers LOL" i honestly wanted just tokens to get my darn badge xD

Was suprised aswel from the 2 embers. Sold one and the other i gave my bf for his alt lol

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Offal of Luminance - do twisted grimhorns and you can buy it for 100g from the npc, or you can get the treasure keys dropped by mobs and open a chest that can have it aswel (not rare at all just requires some work)

You can also get all 3 offals from doing 6v6 or arena, and you don't even need to rank high, use your naruy coins to spin the wheel at bloodshade and get the invitations to dragonscale arena and that's 400 beans per 2 wins a day.

As for the asura ember:

- drops from the Tower of Infinity reward chests (I got 2 embers in the past 2 days just by farming tokens for my badge)

Before the merge of 4 man dungeon you could get offalls at 200-300 gold range and now you need 1500+ because that shit is more rare than legendary drops

Spending 1500+ for a skill on a char you made recently or you are new to the game is absurd

PvP? How are you supposed to do 6 vs 6 on a 800-900 ap range char?

You are basically forced to do arena even if you don't like pvp and even that will take centuries to get all the beans

1 minute ago, Ganymeda said:

Before the merge of 4 man dungeon you could get offalls at 200-300 gold range and now you need 1500+ because that shit is more rare than legendary drops

Spending 1500+ for a skill on a char you made recently or you are new to the game is absurd

PvP? How are you supposed to do 6 vs 6 on a 800-900 ap range char?

You are basically forced to do arena even if you don't like pvp and even that will take centuries to get all the beans

Actually no, the drops are not that rare the issue is no one is running those dungeons since there is no point too.

And doign arena will be prettyfast since you only do it for beans and noth to be high rankked,

In all honesty, I'd rather go and butcher people in arena/tag than bother dungeoning for hm skills of all things. If the drop rate was semi decent I would be willing to make a static for a week and get 6 people embered (as far as Asura is concerned). But it's not decent. I've been consistently doing the lament about 5 times a day for the past 2 months. Saw two embers for all these runs.

3 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

In all honesty, I'd rather go and butcher people in arena/tag than bother dungeoning for hm skills of all things. If the drop rate was semi decent I would be willing to make a static for a week and get 6 people embered (as far as Asura is concerned). But it's not decent. I've been consistently doing the lament about 5 times a day for the past 2 months. Saw two embers for all these runs.

The point is there should be a reliable and not rng pve way of getting them

There are ppl that cant enjoy arena due to high ping and there are ppl that don't enjoy pvp at all

Lets say you consistently do arena.At some point depending how how much time you do arena you will get them

On the other hand even if you do masts/gloom consistently x times per day for months you most likely will not get it or you will get outbid cause of the extreme rarity and high price on market

Offals/ember should be added on the peach or achievement merchant so that a "consistent pve" will give you the same result of a consistent pvp

I dunno why NCWest are so enthusiastic at forcing players to pvp as a reliable way to get these HM skills. I guess it is tied to their Duelists' Bundle sales.

I think there should be PvE ways for PvE players to grind too. No matter what you say, PvE players make the most of BnS, and forcing PvP on pure-PvE players make unhappy customers.

There are several ways that are potential to grind for HM skills:

-Tower of Infinity: good place to grind and bots can be overwhelmed with gear. PvE players tend to find it easier to fight mindless and scripted bots than those high-ranker in arena who disguise as low-rankers.

-Solar Energy: a good way to make players to do their daily challenges. One month of grinding should give them at least one HM book, like soul badge chests.

-Celestial Basin: nothing feel better than good old PvE mob grinding, for some old school players.

-Event: there has not yet been any event that gives you HM books to grind for. Time to make one, I guess.

-Dungeon spamming: Adding books to more recent dungeons to increase supply.

I may be misremembering, but I believe that the other regions (KR at least) had an event that gave a special item that unlocked all the hm skills on a character, would be great to see something similar here, or at least an event where the hm skills could be bought, new players, the players who need these skills the most, are screwed pretty badly in the current system unless they fork over $15 for a duellist bundle, and even then, the duellist bundle alone isnt enough to get all of the hm skills

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2017 at 10:22 PM, Grimoir said:

As for the asura ember:

So you saying it's a 100% drop in Tower of Infinity than doing either PvP or Soguns  lament?