Shadow WL Rotation without SB

Squishyy

Hey Guys!

So I'm a Shadow WL Player,and I was wondering what I'm supposed to do when I dont have SB avaiable.

I use the option of my Volley to give me Helix immdiatley when I get the blue one,so I get a mini SB when I use leech and just spam RMB + 4 like in SB.
but after that I struggle to keep my focus up with RMB F 4 - when it doesnt crit then RMB LMB 4. Though that seems kinda slow,spamming RMB alone drains my focus even more...

so I was asking what you are mostly doing (besides V) to keep up the Helixspam out of SB.

I was waiting to see if someone replied back to you, since my knowledge is very limited.

But since it has gone 20 hours from your post, I'll share my own experience with you.

I had struggle with the same problem as you, RMB F 4 draining Focus.

I basically do as you, sometimes i try to replace RMB for LMB, since LMB replenished focus points. But because LMB is a cutback in our DPS, I try to fill Focus with using 2 (Soul Shackle) and 3 (Imprision), on last hit Imprision (3) enables Wingstorm (V) and you can resume normal rotation again with RMB F 4. But I often still need to manage with LBM so I don't run out on focus and while 3 is still charging up again.

Fyi, I'm using Primal Force Soul Badge which enables Dimensional Salvo (RMB) when using Dragon Helix (4), also Dimensional Salvo (RMB) gains focus points (depending on your specs) and reduce cd for Wingstorm (V) so, it might help with the rotation. 

Hope you can use any of this.

3 hours ago, Otaner said:

I was waiting to see if someone replied back to you, since my knowledge is very limited.

But since it has gone 20 hours from your post, I'll share my own experience with you.

I had struggle with the same problem as you, RMB F 4 draining Focus.

I basically do as you, sometimes i try to replace RMB for LMB, since LMB replenished focus points. But because LMB is a cutback in our DPS, I try to fill Focus with using 2 (Soul Shackle) and 3 (Imprision), on last hit Imprision (3) enables Wingstorm (V) and you can resume normal rotation again with RMB F 4. But I often still need to manage with LBM so I don't run out on focus and while 3 is still charging up again.

Fyi, I'm using Primal Force Soul Badge which enables Dimensional Salvo (RMB) when using Dragon Helix (4), also Dimensional Salvo (RMB) gains focus points (depending on your specs) and reduce cd for Wingstorm (V) so, it might help with the rotation. 

Hope you can use any of this.

The thing is - i use the Spec that gives you instantly 3 Orbs when you hit a Blue Salvo. The normal attacks are weaker,but as a tradeoff I can use more helix.

I use the Primal Force Badge too, with that - I do 2 > leech > then I can spam helix and RMB for good 10 seconds,its like a "mini soulburn".
Though im not sure if it isnt the same damage as the other option,since you reduce V CD with it ,generally do more damage with RMB that way and get also helixes off.

The thing about the damage increase trait is I run out of focus MUCH faster,due to the fact I have to press alot of F too and RMB to get those crits - which again drains my focus.

thanks for the insight though!

18 hours ago, Squishyy said:

The thing is - i use the Spec that gives you instantly 3 Orbs when you hit a Blue Salvo. The normal attacks are weaker,but as a tradeoff I can use more helix.

I use the Primal Force Badge too, with that - I do 2 > leech > then I can spam helix and RMB for good 10 seconds,its like a "mini soulburn".
Though im not sure if it isnt the same damage as the other option,since you reduce V CD with it ,generally do more damage with RMB that way and get also helixes off.

The thing about the damage increase trait is I run out of focus MUCH faster,due to the fact I have to press alot of F too and RMB to get those crits - which again drains my focus.

thanks for the insight though!

Just ranting, putting some thoughs into words. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense to you.

When I practice with dummies at Mushin Tower (next to vault guy), I can spam endlessly my Shadow rotation. But in game with the bosses, I have occasional troubles, most often I'm able to compensate with LMB.

What changes from dummies to bosses? Probably their own defense, crit defense? 

If so, maybe what we should try to do is to increase our crit rate even further? So we could hit more crit and benefit from cooldowns and focus gains from crits?

If you want you can check my build here so you can compare with yours, from what you've told me there isn't much difference between both our gamestyles, or we are both doing the rotation wrongly or we should just keep building our guys ^^

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Otaner:

Just ranting, putting some thoughs into words. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense to you.

When I practice with dummies at Mushin Tower (next to vault guy), I can spam endlessly my Shadow rotation. But in game with the bosses, I have occasional troubles, most often I'm able to compensate with LMB.

What changes from dummies to bosses? Probably their own defense, crit defense? 

If so, maybe what we should try to do is to increase our crit rate even further? So we could hit more crit and benefit from cooldowns and focus gains from crits?

If you want you can check my build here so you can compare with yours, from what you've told me there isn't much difference between both our gamestyles, or we are both doing the rotation wrongly or we should just keep building our guys ^^

I asked a good friend of mine yesterday and he told me its more about the leech CD than the Helix Spam.

He starts with Purple V > 3 > V >2 > Leech > V >Dragonhelix + RMB/F

those Vs are on the start or during a fight. The purple one resets leech CD if its on CD alrdy,more Vs reduce the CD further.
Then you can do Leech again on and on.

Well,I usually use 4 whenever I can with the Wingstorms.

On 12/14/2017 at 7:38 AM, Squishyy said:

I asked a good friend of mine yesterday and he told me its more about the leech CD than the Helix Spam.

those Vs are on the start or during a fight. The purple one resets leech CD if its on CD alrdy,more Vs reduce the CD further.

Yes it's more about leech CD. 3 is used to knock off 6sec on leech so you can have almost 100% up time.

This is how I go with my rotation:

V > 2 > Leech > spam 4+RMB/2 (for tiger bracelet) until leech buff is gone > V (blue when available) > 3 (knocks off 6sec so leech should be back up) > Leech > V > spam 4+RMB/2

After the second rotation is where you will have to small down time. This is also the only time I will use rupture. Rotation here I'll cast V > 4 > RMB > F

After the 2/3 ticks of V, your leech should be back up so just repeat the first rotation without the first V.

Typical rotation during a boss fight should go like this:

1. )     V > 2 > Leech > SB (during leech animation) > 4RMB spam > (2 and V(blue) when available) > (SB ends)

2. )     3 > V > 2 > Leech > 4RMB spam > (2 when available)     don't use V here otherwise in next rotation will have nothing to continue off of

3. )     V > 4 > RMB > F

4. )     2 > Leech > V > 4RMB spam > (2 and V(blue) when available)   (Repeat 2-4 until SB comes back)        

::Side Notes::

1. ) This is assuming you have 30% CD on your leech. With lower stages of seraph, you may have to weave in a LMB before the 4 > RMB > F

2. ) With riftwalk, shatter effect will reset CD sometimes so you wont have the small downtime until your next leech.

3. ) Ping will affect rotation because of number of 4RMB you can get in to reduce 2 CD so you might have to cast X to brand so you can leech

4. ) Legendary soul badge add 3 more sec to leech so you won't have the small down time and just repeat the first rotation without SB.

Anything I missed or can improve do share! Hope this helped!

vor einer Stunde schrieb EZAXIS:

Yes it's more about leech CD. 3 is used to knock off 6sec on leech so you can have almost 100% up time.

This is how I go with my rotation:

V > 2 > Leech > spam 4+RMB/2 (for tiger bracelet) until leech buff is gone > V (blue when available) > 3 (knocks off 6sec so leech should be back up) > Leech > V > spam 4+RMB/2

After the second rotation is where you will have to small down time. This is also the only time I will use rupture. Rotation here I'll cast V > 4 > RMB > F

After the 2/3 ticks of V, your leech should be back up so just repeat the first rotation without the first V.

Typical rotation during a boss fight should go like this:

1. )     V > 2 > Leech > SB (during leech animation) > 4RMB spam > (2 and V(blue) when available) > (SB ends)

2. )     3 > V > 2 > Leech > 4RMB spam > (2 when available)     don't use V here otherwise in next rotation will have nothing to continue off of

3. )     V > 4 > RMB > F

4. )     2 > Leech > V > 4RMB spam > (2 and V(blue) when available)   (Repeat 2-4 until SB comes back)        

::Side Notes::

1. ) This is assuming you have 30% CD on your leech. With lower stages of seraph, you may have to weave in a LMB before the 4 > RMB > F

2. ) With riftwalk, shatter effect will reset CD sometimes so you wont have the small downtime until your next leech.

3. ) Ping will affect rotation because of number of 4RMB you can get in to reduce 2 CD so you might have to cast X to brand so you can leech

4. ) Legendary soul badge add 3 more sec to leech so you won't have the small down time and just repeat the first rotation without SB.

Anything I missed or can improve do share! Hope this helped!

My friend told me NOT to use leech when im in Soulburn,so I can save it afterwards.
The thing about SB RMB + 4 is that you need to Crit otherwise you run out of focus rlly quickly. I was asking how you generally regain your focus except with Mantra.

it rlly gets on my nerves when I want to hit hard but my focus says "nah brah"

On 12/14/2017 at 7:38 AM, Squishyy said:

I get why he says that cause leech crit dmg doesn't stack while in SB. I mainly do for 2 reasons:

1.) the crit dmg doesn't apply BUT the recovery 1 focus for every hit does, so you won't run out of focus during the buff. This mostly applies if your crit percentage isn't too high for example in the 40%. Crit rate also got reduced at level 55. Even I'm at 7000+ crit stats I'm still only at 55% compared to 63% before the new patch. Otherwise when awakened salvo crits, it should be recovering enough.

2.) You get an instant cast of your V, so while you are spamming 4RMB, each RMB will keep reducing wingstorm CD by 1 sec making you able to recast another instant V before the leech buff turns it back to a purple V.

Just min maxing dps. I don't know if saving it or doing it my way puts out more dps but it shouldn't be too much of a difference. Just do whichever way you feel comfortable with.

Archived