Why does equipping a head accessory change the hair color?

BirdSpirit

I've been playing since closed beta and never had a problem with hair adornments changing the hair color. Did you ask anyone in game if it looks the same? Sounds like there is an issue going on with your game or maybe its your graphics card settings that is making it look like that.

19 minutes ago, Nala said:

I've been playing since closed beta and never had a problem with hair adornments changing the hair color. Did you ask anyone in game if it looks the same? Sounds like there is an issue going on with your game or maybe its your graphics card settings that is making it look like that.

38 minutes ago, Milennin said:

None of the adornments that change my character's hairstyle change their colour as well...

Can I ask the hair color of your characters? I've noticed that this only happens for certain colors.

Does anyone happen to have a character with the same color as mine?

I think this is because of your graphic settings and the fact that in the wardrobe the display quality is way lower than in OW.

That haircolor must be that one that's a gradient that goes from yellow (lights) to blue (shades), so the lighting is messing it up.

I have a Lyn with that haircolor as well and whenever I change the lighting quality my chara's haircolor turns into that blinding thing. There's also some hairstyles that are "shinier" than others so the lighting color is the one that's seen the most.

Sorry I can't explain it better with my poor engrish.

I can try that hairstyle on my Lyn though to see if the same happens and edit my message later on.

Edit: Just made the tests.

Here are pics of my Lyn's hair in the wardrobe and in OW with shadow level 5

wMYYRYc.jpg Ov8Y29d.jpg

And here with shadow level 1

j4rjvIK.jpg QAtWGPe.jpg

As you can see it looks way worse in the wardrobe but there's still a chance it's gonna look yellowish, just not that blinding.

is not a error, idk why we havent more simple COLORS like soft brown, pink, but in 1 tone, not in 2! >u<

when u pick this colors in the pictures 4 example, those colors got 2 tones, some headgears use the 1st one, but others take the second tone, one and i hate that,

of really i wish we can pick the color like aion or got more simple tones, my english isnt so good so i dont know if u understand what i mean xD :3

ps: thats why i use white/blonde, they don't change.

Given that you ARE using the blonde hairstyle with the blue tint, it IS on the user side, and not the client side. I've seen this before in many other games and applications and I've found that it IS a thing that occurs whenever you have certain settings on or off between your in-game visual settings and options AND/OR your video card display settings. If it was the client side, and especially in the case of a game like BNS, the graphical glitch will look like that weird flesh-toned mess that occurred on the football helmet when it came out in NA. At first, it seemed to only glitch while you wore certain adornments like different sunglasses/glasses, etc.. I also found that certain outfits made it look so much worse.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:43 PM, Shunaia said:

Given that you ARE using the blonde hairstyle with the blue tint, it IS on the user side, and not the client side. I've seen this before in many other games and applications and I've found that it IS a thing that occurs whenever you have certain settings on or off between your in-game visual settings and options AND/OR your video card display settings. If it was the client side, and especially in the case of a game like BNS, the graphical glitch will look like that weird flesh-toned mess that occurred on the football helmet when it came out in NA. At first, it seemed to only glitch while you wore certain adornments like different sunglasses/glasses, etc.. I also found that certain outfits made it look so much worse.

Literally didn't even know I was wearing a blonde hairstyle before. Not sure why they make the hair two-toned like that. To sell more of those character look tickets I guess. :P

Never said it was a graphical glitch. Just thought it was a bug that turned it a different color. 

Anyway, it's just another unfortunate part of this game. Nothing can be done, and I'll stick with my normal hairstyle that doesn't cause this issue.

On 12/17/2017 at 11:47 PM, BirdSpirit said:

Literally didn't even know I was wearing a blonde hairstyle before. Not sure why they make the hair two-toned like that. To sell more of those character look tickets I guess. :P

Never said it was a graphical glitch. Just thought it was a bug that turned it a different color. 

Anyway, it's just another unfortunate part of this game. Nothing can be done, and I'll stick with my normal hairstyle that doesn't cause this issue.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't say that you said it was a glitch - I was informing you that it is. -And a "bug", as you referred to it, IS a glitch. They're synonyms, being two words thatean the same thing. I was just saying that with a two-toned hairstyle, it's often on the user side and not the client side that's making the changes you described. Otherwise, it would happen to very one else in the same conditipns, and WOULD instead be on the client side. This often happens in games when the polygon textures that are one color, with a "shine" effect or iridescent color applied to it. Kind of like an opaque yellow paint with blue, glossy finish over it. When your graphics card gets confused and tries to render both colors, if it can't apply the shine effect, you just get the color texture underneath where the shine would be applied. Sometimes, it happens the other way around. Drivers that are out-dated can be the cause, amongst other things, like in-game settings. My PC is a hotrod and even I still run into stuff like this every now and then.^^;

Archived