Restrain skills? Scrap that. I have a better idea

Kozuki

Restraint skills are trademark of BD/Des. It is considered as a party DPS boost added to their extended CC time on bosses, though the boost is not actually that great. Restraint skills, even at high gear level with bonus damage from soul shields, is clunky to use and players cannot opt out of it. For some classes, it is a nightmare for occupying their precious skills, such as Gunner's F (prioritized over Unload) and Summoner's 1 (priorized over Weed Whack). Seeing NCSoft keeps shuffling around the key for Restraint skills and adding more damage through soul shields show that it is not very well-received.

I think restraint skill should be scrapped to free precious keys for players to press. Instead, let boost it in another way.

On grabbed target, you can use your awakened skills which are originally only available during Soulburn buff.

Will this make WL less desirable? Nope, cuz:

-Not all bosses can be grabbed.

-It only affect one target, unless it is BD's Ultimate Grab. 

-Soulburn gives you more DPS buff than just awakened skills, especially with VT badge.

-Soulburn lasts much longer, and can be used at anytime. Grabs tend to have small time window for CC, or nope at all, to be available, and require more party efforts to CC and the grabber's reaction to grab in time.

Pros of this suggestion:

-This would make BD/Des' grab a better way to boost party DPS, since awakened skills do not hinder players' rotation as much as restraint skills do. With this, grab can be considered as a mini-soulburn that can be used without a WL, or when Soulburn is in cooldown.

-Soul shield's damage bonus should be also changed from boosting restraint skills into boosting awakened skills' damage modifier, so it won't go waste. Or just scrap this too, since awakened skills outside of soulburn is already more than enough.

8 hours ago, Garlend said:

They did add a damage boost if you are wearing a set of 5 legendary SS. Like the msp SS gives 50% damage to your restraint skill as a 5 set bonus.

yep, it was even added to the second PvP SS wich is pretty hillarious cause most people want to get the restraint mechanics get removed from pvp. but fun is, that they havent mention the 5 piece change in any stream or patch notes, another proof of ninja changes within the game oO

27 minutes ago, Lata said:

yep, it was even added to the second PvP SS wich is pretty hillarious cause most people want to get the restraint mechanics get removed from pvp. but fun is, that they havent mention the 5 piece change in any stream or patch notes, another proof of ninja changes within the game oO

If i remember it good it was meant to originally be a part of those SS like in other versions but we never had it so they simply fixed it with this update

39 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

If i remember it good it was meant to originally be a part of those SS like in other versions but we never had it so they simply fixed it with this update

Correct, thats why Gunner was the only class before this patch that had it on their soul shields, because they came out in KR after they made that change, the other classes just didnt recieve the same treatment until now

Um... quick thing to point out... The gunslinger's F skill does not get replaced... if you reload to full focus, Unload appears over the restraint skill. I often party with a Destroyer who starts with picking up the boss. Yes, the restraint skill pops up, but I still often Tab up and use my full unload. Heck, it helps me out by keeping the boss immobile and unable to retaliate =p

Archived