Gems

Len Kumo

Hi... so my question is which gems are appropriate in a kfm and why. I'll upgrade my weapon to baleful soon and I wasn't sure about that xD

PS: my current weapon is equipped with 1 hoongmoon square ruby (7 AP, 3 critical hits, 200 aditional damage) and 1 sparkling pentagonal diamond (25 aditional damage)

• 1 month later...

To be honest, gem stats are so generic that the usefulness of gems is almost completely class independent. Only exception I can think off is peridot for classes that can boost their evasion to 100% (KFM max agility), and that is only relevant in PvP.

For PvE, I would fill up in the order: Obsidian, Ruby, Diamond, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Amber, Citrine, Sapphire, Emerald. Maybe Peridot somewhere with Amethyst for KFM.

For PvP, my order is: Amber, Obsidian, Citrine, Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, Peridot, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Sapphire.

For low level, Diamond and Amethyst are much stronger, so use those if you want to easy level an alt through storyline. All HM gems can be traded around the account at negligible cost.

• 3 weeks later...

You certainly want Diamond, Ruby, Amethyst, Aquamarine and Obsidian as those are pretty set. The last gem slot is really up to you... but since you have options to counter, evade and such, you may want to consider Sapphire, since it activates upon block or evade (if memory serves). Citrine... to be frank... is not that hot. It activates when you stun or knockdown and... really, you probably won't be doing a ton of that... even with Z being capable of double stun CCs. You're more likely going to be hitting 1, SS, Q, E or C during fights to block or resist skills, all of which I believe should activate your Sapphire.

I haven't used Emerald yet personally, so I can't say much there... as for Amber... it'd be more useful as a defensive gem if you think you could be killed in a dungeon (say if you're tanking something big), but outside of that... couldn't say really.

• 3 weeks later...

Sapphire triggers of the enemy evading or blocking, not yourself. Peridots trigger off your own evade or blocks, but 1,SS,Q,E and C all do not count for that, only auto-block / evade. max agility and aerial skills increases auto-evade, though, making it more interesting for KFM than for many other classes.

Archived