Is NCsoft ever going to adress the latency issue

BtheLee

NC Soft is a publishing company..  Blade and Soul is a game they publish on their servers.

When I first began playing this game I did lag (latency 25-30 fps), I did have higher than average ping (60-300). my old PC was a 486 with a pentium 4 and a Nvidia  8500 graphics card. My internet was cable connected to a US Robotics 256k router.

February 2015 Comcast had buried a fiber line against a hill on my property. When they backfilled they did not compact the earth. The Spring rains were excessive that season and the hillside slid into my garage. In the Lawsuit against Comcast, the agreement was I get a new garage, they removed the 2500 cubic yards of earth from my property and build a concrete retaining wall, as part of the agreement I get free fiber internet for as long as I own the property.

Then in December 2016 I spent roughly $7500.00 and built 2 desktops, exactly the same. I gave one to my room mate. I very rarely lag, FPS 60-120 depending on what I am doing or where I am. Ping is relative to my internet provider. I have fiber to my garage where the router splits it into 16 lanes @ 1.5 Gb down, 350mb up. BnS is fed through Amazon Web Services in Boardman Oregon where its fed into the US national pipeline. Its roughly 140 miles from here to Boardman. It takes 3ms to there. 
If my network is having issues it isnt my PC. Its likely not NC Soft, its more likely Amazon Web Services is being hit with a DDOS attack from hackers from Asia and Russia interfering in the data stream, or some other external issue such as the fires in California or the region's myriad of other problems including internet providers throttling their internet.  

48 minutes ago, Fieryfly said:

NC Soft is a publishing company..  Blade and Soul is a game they publish on their servers.

When I first began playing this game I did lag (latency 25-30 fps), I did have higher than average ping (60-300). my old PC was a 486 with a pentium 4 and a Nvidia  8500 graphics card. My internet was cable connected to a US Robotics 256k router.

February 2015 Comcast had buried a fiber line against a hill on my property. When they backfilled they did not compact the earth. The Spring rains were excessive that season and the hillside slid into my garage. In the Lawsuit against Comcast, the agreement was I get a new garage, they removed the 2500 cubic yards of earth from my property and build a concrete retaining wall, as part of the agreement I get free fiber internet for as long as I own the property.

Then in December 2016 I spent roughly $7500.00 and built 2 desktops, exactly the same. I gave one to my room mate. I very rarely lag, FPS 60-120 depending on what I am doing or where I am. Ping is relative to my internet provider. I have fiber to my garage where the router splits it into 16 lanes @ 1.5 Gb down, 350mb up. BnS is fed through Amazon Web Services in Boardman Oregon where its fed into the US national pipeline. Its roughly 140 miles from here to Boardman. It takes 3ms to there. 
If my network is having issues it isnt my PC. Its likely not NC Soft, its more likely Amazon Web Services is being hit with a DDOS attack from hackers from Asia and Russia interfering in the data stream, or some other external issue such as the fires in California or the region's myriad of other problems including internet providers throttling their internet.  

I don't know what your motives are, but aside from this smoke screen story you have told us, you are giving totally incorrect location information (as far as my knowledge goes, and maybe I am wrong, but my research says my info is better than yours)

the OFFICES might be in Oregon but  the servers are in texas. and now the offices actually might be in California  according to the PUBLISHER'S corporate website info.

I just ran a ping test:  my hard ping is 15-17ms, whereas my in-game ping was 60ms. I am in ohio btw. 

IF I am giving myth-information that is just as bad as this other guy, someone PLEASE set us all straight.

I also have freezes in Celestial after the last maintenance. Not smooth like it was. I reeealy wondering what could you possibly do with client/server to make a game lags even more...I updated drivers (so naive) but after checking forum on Saturday I saw that many people noticed it and the reason again is BnS not PC.

Same Problem here

Ping is stable 80 ingame

Fps normaly 90-120

Game keeps Hanging for half a sec 

Gpu usage goes from 90-0 (gpu load monitor jump 0-1)

New driver old driver other settings ....

Btw same problem with gtx 970 and with gtx 1080

• 2 weeks later...

Archived