[Suggestion]Inactive Account Name Wipes

Polite

On 12/6/2017 at 8:03 PM, Polite said:

So, I'm wondering how people would feel if there was a yearly name wipe for inactive accounts. This way more names become available to players whom actually play the game currently.

i compliantly agree with you as their is no point of such names to just be sitting their if the people who use to play with them just left the game , this really prevent u from really begin able to enjoy our char names for example i really want the name Yuki but its taken by a person who quieted long time ago they should make it if a person haven't been active for 12 or 6 months thier ign just changed to a random thing and if they go back on they have the choice to name their char again with a different name. 

5 minutes ago, Jazzy27 said:

I'd probably cry if I had a one year break from the game because life and then decides to come back only to have my account removed D;

Why not make your name add ALT coded letters. 

For example, if you want Yuki name then make it like this Yükí 

https://tools.oratory.com/altcodes.html

Using alt-codes are annoying if you're trying to invite someone to PT unless you have them added, in clan, or they apply to PT

2 minutes ago, SalemK said:

If they did something like this then they would have to notify everyone months prior to doing that to login to keep their name. As there are some people who actually paid to reserve their name.

I can understand being notified because yes people actually did pay to reserve their name(s) 

I completely disagree because there are players use their names in multiple games and if you have friends in there or something might one of them PM to you for example even scammers can use it and steal the shit out of people.

One way to fix it by adding special latter I guess. 

On 12/6/2017 at 9:04 PM, GrimmxD said:

I completely disagree because there are players use their names in multiple games and if you have friends in there or something might one of them PM to you for example even scammers can use it and steal the shit out of people.

One way to fix it by adding special latter I guess. 

special latter makes it hard for people to invite people or apply to them or whatever for example i have a razor chrom tourement edition keybored it dont have the right side numbers so cnt do accnt letters

They cannot do that simply because people paid to be able to reserve their names, that was one of their selling points during launch, so if they did a wipe and someone who paid for a name would loose it you can imagine what would happen.

How would you feel if they removed something you paid for like a costume that you liked?

So no, i am against any name wipes.

Absolutely not.

As much as I'd love to own some names that are stuck on low level characters that will never be used again, I have no right to take something from someone who got there first and potentially paid for the privilege of having that name. They own it. I'd be pretty upset if I took a break from the game only to discover that the names of my characters had been wiped and stolen.

People need to think of names that are more creative than those that are in every single anime or videogame ever. As much as I love those names too, it also annoys the crap out of me to see people use them when they don't even bother making their character look like the character from the anime they've taken the name from. Like, what was the point in having it?!

Simply put, find a different name or do something to it in order to make it less common.

Remember that there are a lot of possibilities with the name creation in this game, especially since it allows special characters, including one space. It should open up a lot of options if you sit and think about it.

Personally, I had this problem back in other MMOs before picking up Blade and Soul and the main way I solved it was coming up with a simple naming convention - just add a special set of characters that nobody would think to add at the beginning or end of your name. Obviously, you don't want to do something cliche like "FFV" or "SSJ3", but even something as simple as "Rose" or "Master" or just something that has some meaning to you. Another example is one of my clanmates uses "Ivy" in their name with a different word beforehand.

The added benefit of doing this is that, no matter how many characters you make, people will be able to recognize that it's you playing them.

So, let's take the example Koniu gave at the 2nd top post - they want the name "Yuki"... which is going to be pretty common. But, if they used their forum name in there somewhere, such as:

-YukiKoniu

-Yuki Koniu

-KoniuYuki

-Koniu Yuki

We already have 4 names that use Yuki and an added word that is unique to Koniu.

So yeah... it's less about making other people lose their names if they're not as active, but simply thinking of something more original and personalized.

What if someone crashes, and 4 month hospital, and 6-7 month the home convalescence...and 1 years coming retry the game, and not found the player caracter?
delete a particular character , only by a user..
Because nobody knows why he can not play, and not because of his own fault, it would be unlawful to be harmed.
if they have been deleted , the player must in principle be compensated ,to re-create the same character , the same equipment, but with a different name.
as this support does not do so, so I do not think it's a name , would delete character,.so that others can use the name..

each player uses their fantasy and create their own unique name, if the name is busy, look for another

here's another scenario  to add to the already long list of reasons why name purge/wipes would not be very polite (see what I did there)

What if...I have an alt with the name you covet that I never use, but I play every day.  

How do you even know whether the account that has the totally unoriginal name you want is even inactive?

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. I'm one of those who reserved a name and also picked unique names for the rest of my characters but had to take a 6 month break away from the game. I would have been pretty upset to come back  and see that all my characters names were taken and I had to pick new ones even though I got to the names first. You never know if those people may decide to come back and delete their old char and make a new one using the same name. So imo it should stay as first come first serve.

9 minutes ago, Nala said:

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. I'm one of those who reserved a name and also picked unique names for the rest of my characters but had to take a 6 month break away from the game. I would have been pretty upset to come back  and see that all my characters names were taken and I had to pick new ones even though I got to the names first. You never know if those people may decide to come back and delete their old char and make a new one using the same name. So imo it should stay as first come first serve.

so i say i sure i will not delete character, just because it is inactive for some time ..what you use character will remain if you do not delete yourself
I would remind you that long time to cancel / destroy anybody's interest , so that's the topic I think unnecessary

Removing inactive names has been done on many games I have played in the past.  They usually give people a month to log in and make the characters active.  They issue a name change voucher to all characters that have their name removed.  So it is a gamers responsibilty to at least read all emails they are sent from Game Companies they are currently not playing.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:28 PM, Luide said:

What if someone crashes, and 4 month hospital, and 6-7 month the home convalescence...and 1 years coming retry the game, and not found the player caracter?
delete a particular character , only by a user..
Because nobody knows why he can not play, and not because of his own fault, it would be unlawful to be harmed.
if they have been deleted , the player must in principle be compensated ,to re-create the same character , the same equipment, but with a different name.
as this support does not do so, so I do not think it's a name , would delete character,.so that others can use the name..

each player uses their fantasy and create their own unique name, if the name is busy, look for another

The chances of that are slim. How about if players were notified via email months prior to the name reset. It's unlikely that someone would return to the game after not playing for a year

On 12/6/2017 at 1:42 PM, Nala said:

How would you feel if people whom reserved a name would not lose their names even if the account was inactive. I understand people might want to do that but there name still if they do return however do you think its fair for them to hold onto a name if they never come back ? as @Cherish stated this is a common thing that happens in mmos.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, Polite said:

You cant do that w/ an mmo

actually you can do that with an MMO if they make it that way. It depends on the set up of the MMO like Tera Online when i was playing you could have Dolly on one server and someone else could have it on another server. However it is possible that has changed since i havent played in a while. This wouldnt necessarily work with BnS tho because of the way they have the xserver set up. I am ok if they decide to do something like this yearly however give us notification. Tera Online does the same thing. Well they dont wipe the character they take that inactive name and add like a 1 on the end of it thus leaving the unique name without number free to be used by someone else who wishes.

Personally, I'm surprised that a name wipe hasn't been done already. The players who joined at launch has dwindled and the population has changed. I think most people in favor for a name wipe are mostly ticked off by the level 1 characters in empty accounts or accounts full of level 1's.

I wouldn't mind having a name wipe provided that several criteria were met::

• Inactive accounts - 6 months+
  • Characters below level 16 - where most game stuff like crafting and marketplace begins anyways.
  • Reserved names stay reserved - it should be easy to filter by whoever bought those founder packs and flag them

I’ve seen this topic pop up many times in previous games.  Some of the games actually did wipe inactive character names after a certain period of time.  The issue that came up after was when everyone rushed to snag names either to sit on them until they decide to start an alt (which might never happen) or those that grab popular names in order to try and sell them.

Even if they wipe inactive names, people will still be upset if they aren’t lucky enough to grab the name they wanted after the names have been released from inactive characters.  Also, people who paid for reserved names who decide to come back later on down the road will be upset that they lost their reserved name due to inactivity.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind getting a chance to get a name or two for my alts.  If it did happen, chances are that they’d wipe them during maintenance which would mean I wouldn’t have any shot of getting the names I want due to being at work after the servers come back up.

Archived