Lyn Gunner confirmed on KR(?)

Theirin

On 06/12/2017 at 7:59 PM, CharlieIsBoss said:

because creepy little bait and nasty rodents all are disgusting to me.

if this game's race was only lyn, I wouldn't have even taken a second look at it.

If this game was only humans and races that look like humans but only slightly taller or thinner than humans, I wouldn't have even taken a second look at it.

8 hours ago, Melvine said:

What's with all the hate for Lyns? What's with the hate for Lyn Gunslingers? If you guys have forgotten, this is an Asian game. Meaning, the devs will appeal to Korean players first. Koreans like the Lyn race so they get the gunslinger because they are this game's primary target. Ya know because it is a KOREAN game. We all know its Asian culture ( Japan, Korea, China ) that adore little moe people with animal traits. There is nothing "bait" or "creepy" about Lyn just as there is nothing wrong with Jin, Yun and Gon. I find it rather amusing that people bash the Lyn race but completely forget how most of Gon female clothes are super revealing. Example; Stinger and Deva Raiment. Butt lovers love Stinger I bet. At least the Lyn aren't like the Elin from Tera. The Elin outfits can make you feel rather uncomfortable. They can be cute but most of the time... Again, this is a Korean game. Remember that. Not French, Canadian, American, European, not at all Western. We are just their second target audience. If the moe loving Asians want lyn, they get lyn and we get it too. Probably.  Same thing about the grinding. I read from a 2016 thread that people complained about the grind. I have learned, many of the Asian gamers love this frustrating, time consuming, money absorbing grind. Get my point? This game is extremely popular in Korea and among other Asian countries like Japan. That's why Japan made an anime adaption. B&S is like WoW to Koreans. So of course they will cater to their needs, desires, first and foremost. Money is money. Honestly, I wouldn't mind Lyn gunslinger. 

True but our client is nothing like the Korean's client. We've had tweaks on our end before. To not allow the developers to force Lyn GS down our throats isn't hard, just be vocally reminding them that you won't play it and that you don't want it, so they won't do it.

Because, you know, NCSoft always listens to its customers...

1 hour ago, ARC-1276 said:

True but our client is nothing like the Korean's client. We've had tweaks on our end before. To not allow the developers to force Lyn GS down our throats isn't hard, just be vocally reminding them that you won't play it and that you don't want it, so they won't do it.

Because, you know, NCSoft always listens to its customers...

I do understand where you're coming from you still have to remember who this target base really is. The demographics for this game. The real bread winners; Asian. I wouldn't even be surprised if B&S is a Pay to Play in Korea. That means we Westerners complain about a game that's free to us but probably pay to play in it's native country. Reason why I say this is the Hongmoon Store cosmetic items are with the Clothing Merchants in Korea. This would explain why our version we have useless Clothing Merchants that seem to all sell Faction Clothing that you get for free anyway. I could be wrong about that but that's what I read.  I know I'm off topic here but I am just giving some real valid points here. I get kind of tired of EU/NA players complain about race, cosmetics, grinding when all I can think is "You're not it's primary target!"

3 hours ago, Melvine said:

I do understand where you're coming from you still have to remember who this target base really is. The demographics for this game. The real bread winners; Asian. I wouldn't even be surprised if B&S is a Pay to Play in Korea. That means we Westerners complain about a game that's free to us but probably pay to play in it's native country. Reason why I say this is the Hongmoon Store cosmetic items are with the Clothing Merchants in Korea. This would explain why our version we have useless Clothing Merchants that seem to all sell Faction Clothing that you get for free anyway. I could be wrong about that but that's what I read.  I know I'm off topic here but I am just giving some real valid points here. I get kind of tired of EU/NA players complain about race, cosmetics, grinding when all I can think is "You're not it's primary target!"

Korea isn't pay 2 play anymore, they went f2p last year in Dec. I do agree though that we aren't their main target playerbase. BnS is very popular in Korea, much more than it is here since why there are so many people that go to watch tournaments, upcoming game updates, etc. meanwhile in NCwest they would never get a huge crowd like that. As long as the game is running successfully over there, I doubt they care much about how it is running elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Shunaia said:

☆☆☆Hacks the clients for all regions to erase all Lyn from existence, by transforming all of them into GREEN experience charms☆☆☆ ₩

I won't be surprised if the number of 10k EXP charms you receive from such a thing enough to make you from HM1 to HM25 :3

17 hours ago, Melvine said:

First and foremost, I am an Asian myself, and don't care about the little kid races in most mmorpgs, with or without the animal tails and ears, so dnot think ALL of a targeted demographic actually likes that sort of thing. I have two Lyn alts, only because it's the only race that can be a summoner or a blade dancer. With my summoner, I tried to make her as small and cute as possible, and tried to make her look like my little sister, but also just used the small cat ears with the normal, non-fluffy cat tail, to make her look more human than a furry. Also, I hate how their feet look in shoes without heels. That's just MY opinion, so don't bite my head off over that. Hehe

Secondly, if you want to talk about "bread winners" between regions, I wouldn't go so far as to thinking that the West isn't exactly that, considering how most currencies in the west are higher in value than most Asian currencies, as far as the international exchange rates go. Furthermore, the volume of people actually spending said money might be larger in the west, being the U.S., Canada, South America (Brazil, etc.), and the U.K., along with a number of Euro-using countries. I play the JPN client AND the NA client, and while BNS is pretty popular in Japan, it's not quite as popular as some people might think, where there are plenty other games to play. My main client now is the NA client, but only because I'm in the U.S. more often than Japan and while travelling, it's easier to do stuff on this client with a VPN and through the wi-first connections I'm usually connected to. I've spent a few thousand on this client by now, mainly due to the cosmetics, but gear-wise, I wouldn't quite say I'm a whale. Some people I know are absolute fiends and will just keep gambling with RNG until they get what they want. In some regions, BNS is also run by different companies and have items AND cosmetics that we will never see in other regions, simply because they're exclusive to those clients. I was hoping the licensing wouldn't be an issue for NA at some point for the Hello Kitty outfits and the "TV" head adornment, but that's how different some region's clients can be. Some of their events might never occur here either. I got "Crafty Collector" achievement the hard way, but in one region, they had an event where you could get the other tradeskill outfits and adornments without actually having to level up their respective tradeskills. Even here, I actually leveled up Merry Potters to max before they did away with it and put the outfit and adornment on the achievement vendor in Zaiwei.

At any rate, the different regions pretty much have their own respective ways of running their own versions of BNS. We'll only see SOME of the content they have, but never all of it. The target demographic you speak of is different for each region, and not just one. That's why they have localization teams in place, for each region. We might hear the NEW "Divine Maiden" slip up and say something in Korean, but even our NA team makes mistakes and or forget to record or implement the English line she's supposed to speak. NA is a mess, but it definitely makes money off of a lot of us for various reasons.

Archived