what elysian crystal worth?

samsoni1

my clan just finished bt 1-2 and a new whale guy got mad that we didnt let him buy the elysian crystals we told him that crystals are free because u cant trade em so we give them away to pple but he say they worth 2g each becuz in na server current price of oil is 260g elysian orb 9g and transofrmtion stone 9g too we keep tellin him crystals cant trade but he get mad and leave how does crystal worth 2g?

Well...it all depends what you agree to do with the crystals. For example in my BT runs crystals are free for bidding. they can go for 5g each or even 1g each depending who bids and needs them. The gold acumulated from the entire run is then divided between all members so even if i would pay 2g each i still get a part of the gold back anyway,

4 hours ago, samsoni1 said:

my clan just finished bt 1-2 and a new whale guy got mad that we didnt let him buy the elysian crystals we told him that crystals are free because u cant trade em so we give them away to pple but he say they worth 2g each becuz in na server current price of oil is 260g elysian orb 9g and transofrmtion stone 9g too we keep tellin him crystals cant trade but he get mad and leave how does crystal worth 2g?

So Next Time Make Rules, and be Clear to everyone how it is. Crystal or Not, Tradable or Not,  Raid Leader can give it to a person, If Accessory drops, you will also tell people that it's not tradable?... (palmface). If it's a random BT party, you should tell Your Rules to everyone. before BT starts. 

Different BT raids handle the crystals differently.

I have been to different raids:

- raid leader does a number 12 roll. Whoever get rolled will get the crystals.

- open bid

- handed out to tankers in each boss

- handled out based on DKP (takes turn)

- handled out to the person who used corridor keys

To me, the most fair way is open bid. So, raid leader need to specify the loot rule before the raid starts (in discord channel or in alliance chat with a screenshot -in case people don't read, then it is their fault.)

Actually they can have a definite value associated with them. If we assume that sacred crystals and soulstone crystals have a value equal to zero we can calculate that if you craft a sacred oil using untradeable material the final cost would be about 230g. If we assume a sale value of 260g we can infer that the value of the 10 elysian and moonstone crystals placed in the craft are equal to 30g together (this number varies based on the current market price of sealed oils). From there you can assign your own value to your untradeable materials. If we assume that MS and Ely crystals have the same value as they have the same drop rate from pouches we can deduce that the current market value of an elysian crystal is 1.5g.

While this is the only way to provide an actual hard number to the value of these untradeable mats, there are a few things to note. This method relies on have the demon spirit stone available at no cost. This does not include tax. It's highly variable based on the market (i.e. if evo stones are high but oils are low the value decr a lot).

Finally these materials are better used for upgrading gear anyways. Equipment requires way more moonstones to upgrade than elysians so I value ms more than elysians.

Morale of the story? While it's true you can set an actually price on these mats your friend is wrong thinking that the value is what they're worth since my soul needs upgrading and i need those more then he does lol. Basically the actual value is an opportunity cost (me not using orbs and upgrading faster) more than anything else.

This comes up a lot - the value of any item doesn't really matter.  What matters is that all loot / bid rules are stated clearly & completely before a player gets locked in.  Miscommunication, leaving anything at all out when it comes to bid rules, is a guaranteed cause of friction in raids.

One of my raids values them at 5g each, the other gives them away in rolls.  I personally don't have a preference, but I know going in what to expect.

Archived