Showroom/wardrobe

LoliDolly

While not a part of this update, we’re looking into allowing full Showroom access for all players (with or without Premium Membership) in the near future. We’ll have more info in the coming months.

ok so the above seems interesting but the wardrobe has been one of their better selling points of premium as far as im concerned along with bank access anywhere in game once you reach a certain point. I ve never been so big on the premium spots on the boared cause i spin right past them most times anyway, that or i land on the prem spots and all i get is a complete round the board or advance to start hence why i have so many stupid silky hairs i will never use lol rng sucks for me in this game. Anyway thats not the point of this post. If they start making things like wardrobe accessible to even the free players then what is the point of getting premium anymore. Sure ok i get a little more gold and i get a little more experience and a few other not so great perks but honestly those were never selling points for me. Anywhere Bank access, wardrobe access  were really the main sell points for me. 

What im wondering i guess is if they do make showroom/wardrobe accessible to everyone, then what will they replace it with for the premium payers? I dont consider myself a pay to win or a whale because all i can afford in this game is the monthly premium and if i want ncoin i have to skip paying premium for that month. I have watched premium subscription perks go down hill in other games. That happened in Tera online when i was playing and i just stopped paying cause i saw no more point in keeping it.

I'm glad to see they're finally making the wardrobe free for all, they will make more outfit sales from people who don't buy them currently because they don't wish to clutter up thier limited inventory space.

You're correct though that they will need to make premium much more attractive then it is now, a good start would be getting rid of a lot of the annoying fees in the game. If you purchase premium there should be no marketplace taxes, changing weapon/pet skin fees and fees for crafting and gear upgrading should be reduced further.

It looks like they are addressing the issue of the insane amount of experience you need for HM levels with the new login rewards system that gives you xp charms however the extra rewards they said premium gets would need to be really worth the price of paying for a monthly sub.

Premium would also be a lot more desireable if they unlocked all inventory/bank slots while subbed, it annoys me to see a large chunk of my bank still unusable 2 years into the game

Premium would also be a lot more desireable if they unlocked all inventory/bank slots while subbed, it annoys me to see a large chunk of my bank still unusable 2 years into the game

oh i couldnt agree more with this statement. I do agree tho it is good for those who dont pay premium but buy outfits to have free access to the wardrobe. This is long over due and probably still a few months down the road before it happens.

all the moeny they have lsot on previous outfits from people not being able to store them will get figured out when they finlly do unlock the wardrobe for all. I mean what reason do you have to buy outfits when you dont have room for them? and at $20 each outfit, that is a lot of money with 3 month people could have bought, which is MORE than the price of premium

Yeah, making wardrobe accessible to everyone is just being fair, finally, as it wasn't very fair before when other regions have HAD it for free for a long while now. Premium subs need to become more attractive by ADDING value to them in some way (s) because even with the wardrobe, the only real value I felt I had was being able to access the vault, etc., without having to go to a specific NPC in a town or quest hub area. Even that was screwed over for those times when I'd buy NCOIN and once the NCOIN were added, the button for the vault would be greyed out until I logged out then back in, which was always such a huge waste of time for me. They should add more AND better premium sub cosmetic items for different tier bundles and especially for the 1-year sub bundle. The samurai outfit this year was severEly lackluster at best. I never wear it and it only looks good to me, on my Gon male KFM, and I don't even play that class. He's just another adorable alt kouhai. w

Anyway, we seem to be getting a few added features, but for a 1-year sub, I think we should get more, considering how the whales and the rest of us are still propping up this old, last-gen time/money sink of a video game. Hell, once they decide to close down their servers, all of our hundreds or thousands of dollars will all disappear with them. They should give us better incentives to not just play and sub this game, but to bring more people on board. I know it's inevitable for most mmorpgs that are not World of Warcraft, but I'd prefer this game to NOT die before it's time in the West.

Premium is not worth it anymore anyway. They need to reward us more than a chance at venture tokens on the wheel. Wardrobe can be free. Otherwise where do f2p store their outfits? It's not fair to them. They will run out of space. Premium membership already do.

I honestly think you guys are giving them too much credit.  They didn't actually say they're making it free they just said they're making it available to people without premium.  I think it more likely that they will let people buy the wardrobe feature from the cash store.

the main problem with premium is it doesnt ofer anything to end-game players. the ones that have all the XP they need, dont need to sell many more items in the market, etc. The remote Vault and wardrobe being the only reason to get premium, means it just doesnt have value, especially when they keep jerking around with the daily dash you get 3 spins a day, but we got rid of the daily dash... ClappyDerp

it needs REAL value like, say drops are at +5% for each premium member in the party for normal dungeons. That would hake things like outfits drop at +30% of the time in dungeons. the auction  rules will still be in effect and people will use or run out of gold quicker bidding on drop auctions, so it wont be THAT easy for non-premium to jsut get the outfits unless they REALLY want them. but if they can afford them, then they are probably buying gold on the currency exchange so spending money not he game which is fine too.

and dont even get me started on the joke that is the "more gold from fighting mobs" thing, because that only gives a few copper to even premium, that is why there is NO reason for people to fight int he open world and everything happens in the dungeons. with no cost to windstriding you dont even need to fight trash mobs to make a little extra at lower levels to be able to windstride anywhere now.

there is year old threads detailing how to make premium better, and even they listed the wardrobe should be free to all because it will allow people to buy more outfits from the Hongmoon store.

From what I heard, wardrobe is still not free for everyone from this patch. They only said that they were planning to make wardrobe free access to everyone "in the future". When will it be? Who knows? 1 month? 2 months? 6 months? 

In fact, people should have seen it coming as other region server (KR, TW, etc) all have their wardrobe free for everyone. So, it is not a big surprise that it will come to our server eventually. At the same time, they also said that they will revamp the premium subscription benefits in the future as well. Why do people complain about it before it even happens?

Wow... making the showroom available for everyone is a bad thing? The entitlement of whales, I suppose... O.o'

Honestly, I was glad to hear that they're looking into it. I've heard that other versions of BnS have had the wardrobe free to use for a long time, so having our version finally catch up is a great thing.

Archived