Possible crit loss after 55 patch hits?? (Updated)

Haunter

Ayy sup fellow meme lords and trash talkers, cringy BnS player here. Bz4LF42.png
So apparently this happened to some BnS servers after the lvl 55 patch hit.

(UPDATE) Welp, looks like it's a lot worse than simple crit loss, if this is accurate, we'll lose a LOT of stats % overall, which is much worse than simply losing crit...
This is their stats %, Before 55, after 55, and how much % we lost all together.

hYodD2H.png
(Image provided by Amokk)

Not only is it scary to see, it also raises a lot of questions, will we all legit LOSE a lot of damage and have to get it all back again ourselves?
Or will our stats be untouched and it's simply just the numbers changing for future content?
I pray that we all don't take a big hammer to the face after the update so, some info would be swell kthnxbye. 

(P.S. Show mercy NcSoft, I swipe!)

If your critical rate, critical damage and accuracy works well on lv50 mobs, then it will continue to work well on lv50 mobs despite of seeing less values.

However, you will need to upgrade your gear to improve your stat for lv55 contents.

Craft Masterwork pieces with Soul Wardens and exchange for BT/VT primers to maximize your critical rate. Spicy Dumpling gives you a good chunk of critical rate too.

For accuracy, use Spicy Dumpling, use Accuracy Achievement Bonus (100 from 10-run Lair of Frozen Fangs, or 300 from 100 Naryu Sanctum runs). If you use 3 VT, use 2-3-4 VT to suffer less from the loss of accuracy. Fuse some Accuracy Primers if necessary. You will also have more Accuracy from the new glove slot.

3 hours ago, Dark Falz said:

Also of note, most of the level 50 purple dungeons as well as the raids get updated so that they're level 55.  So most of the stuff you probably do already will be affected by your reduced stat values.

Why would old lv 50 content get upscaled to lv 55 values? It doesn't make any sense and it's backwards thinking, what's the point of a level cap increase if you become weaker than now? Only Starstone Mines / Hollow's Heart and upcoming content should be scaled to 55.

35 minutes ago, Rysa said:

Why would old lv 50 content get upscaled to lv 55 values? It doesn't make any sense and it's backwards thinking, what's the point of a level cap increase if you become weaker than now? Only Starstone Mines / Hollow's Heart and upcoming content should be scaled to 55.

This is exactly why i went on and made a thread about this, if we legit get this change and we all suffer major reduction in damage overall, we deserve to know early on. Nothing was said about this in their latest livestream... However they did say that they would upscale a lot of the dungeons to 55, which just makes the overall situation more terrifying.

I highly doubt NcSoft would straight up cover something like this up, that would be silly. However, A lot of things really don't add up, some infomation and/or context about this would truly be appreciated, because truly..as Rysa said, This is legit some extreme backwards thinking...

"Cyan

Community Coordinator

NCSOFT

478 posts

Posted Wednesday at 11:58 PM

Hi all, 

Just to clear some confusion, the bosses in the upcoming patch will have their levels increased up. Some of you may remember when their level was increased with a previous patch, so you can expect the same bosses. "

Meaning, all of the purple level 50 silverfrost dungeons, Mushin Tower, Celestial Basin and everything else that got boosted by mistake in that september patch until they corrected it will be boosted permanently now. In my opinion, this will make game life very tough for not well geared characters, new and/or old. Which makes the thread about daily challenge not being very "newbie friendly" even more relevant. But of course, let's wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Rysa said:

This was discussed in another thread where a forum mod popped up to confirm that they are in fact raising the boss levels.

Also it's not a huge surprise to anyone who keeps tabs on what updates other regions get as they did this with the bosses on all the other regions that already have lvl 55

From our point of view it is backwards but the reason they did it that way was because in Korea they were hitting 70%+ crit chance and whatnot so the point was to bring their stats back down.  It will however hit us harder since we didnt have the time to gear up to that point like they did.

@amokk Thank you very much for a better image and even more info about the changes, yeaaah doesn't look too bright for us...
Unless Ncsoft US/EU decide not to do these changes, which i really hope will be the case. Otherwise...prepare urselves everyone, it's gonna hurt big time. eELeO7J.png

1 hour ago, Haunter said:

@amokk Thank you very much for a better image and even more info about the changes, yeaaah doesn't look too bright for us...
Unless Ncsoft US/EU decide not to do these changes, which i really hope will be the case. Otherwise...prepare urselves everyone, it's gonna hurt big time. eELeO7J.png

Yep.

2 hours ago, caioc2 said:

If all that is true, im sure atleast 80% of population is fked up, because they (me included) still farming, trying to get to current end game content. Getting that big nerf will make it even harder.

That's the reason behind my concern. I have been playing daily since the 19 January 2015, not a whale, not able to spend too much time a day in the game either, slowly, very slowly making my way towards end game too, loyal to a game that I love despite its many issues. What I fear might be coming could shatter it for me and probably for many others, so yeah, I am worried.

14 hours ago, Rysa said:

to keep the content relevent, if they're not increase the boss lvl.. then DT, EC, NF, NS will become like yeti and frozen lair

This is going to screw a lot of people I think initially. A perfect example I can think of is the Raven King, where from 100-30% isn't going to be a big deal, however when he starts the clock/pizza phase at 30%, you need the DPS to burn him and the SS adds as quickly as possible, because dragging this part of it out will result in a wipe. To lose that kind of stats across an entire raid could be devastating and make what once was achievable for some not anymore.  Considering we just solved this guy ourselves, this could mean trouble for those that were looking forward to getting their raven weapons finally. It's not like he drops the items for the upgrade like it's candy, only one per kill.  I guess we will find out post patch if we can still kill him and not wipe.

Archived