'Bad' Players

Naisho

Small feedback and whats been irritating me. So far I played for about 3 weeks since coming back (last time was prior to Silverfrost update).

I'm glad that most bots are gone. Back in the days, the limited block list can only barricade against the annoyance so much. Until it burst like a dam and they constantly flooded in. They would be advertising and infesting PvP & dungeons. PvP was still fine because free elo, but dungeons were frustrating; feels like I was free labor for exploiters to farm gold and make $$$. Now I only had to, so far, block 2 bots pretending to be GMs giving out compensation...

'Bad (Mannered)' Players! New* dungeons I've tried such as Awakened Necropolis and Gloomdross Incursion will often (rarely not the case) have AFK leechers for obvious reasons. This is frustrating (for me), and I do not know of any easy way to report them. I am lazy by nature, so I do not go out of my way to submit a ticket (especially since I hear from others that NC does not care to do much about it). Most players also just leave them be. Is leeching encouraged? If so, that is still unfortunate, because I am not one to sit around idly. I play games to play games; not to AFK in games.  :/

Since NC does not seem to care much, all I can do is block then and avoid them in future and report for spamming (even if that was not the case). Not sure if I would be wrong to report them with the only available option.  haha...

That said, there are some players who refuse to learn mechanics and others who just intentionally(?) join instances too difficult for them. However this is still bearable compared to the above since this is fairly common in most games. On the other extreme, elitist host dungeons with so high AP requirements, preventing players such as myself an opportunity to catch on. They would outright avoid me like the plague or make silly excuses such as I should leave because spot was for a friend. I know my 850 AP is shabby, but it was an improvement from 350 just 3 weeks ago. Not really complaining, but with so much AP where is the fun when all the mechanics were avoid!  xP

You could try joining a clan to run dungeons with. It's way more fun that way. I know there's times where even the clan won't run it with you but it's really the only option you have. Can't force people to "play right". Just look for a casual clan and ask how often they do things AS a clan.

1 hour ago, Enemy Silence said:

You could try joining a clan to run dungeons with. It's way more fun that way. I know there's times where even the clan won't run it with you but it's really the only option you have. Can't force people to "play right". Just look for a casual clan and ask how often they do things AS a clan.

That's actually a good advice. Though not really necessary for me, so I would rather stay in my own clan of 3 people. If I join my clan, I would want one I am willing to dedicate time and effort to; not just for the benefits.

Getting in up to Sogun's Lament seems to be fine. EC and DT is a bit finicky. NF and NS are latest ones I been doing. I know mechanics better than many players with 900-1000 AP... I don't even queue for anything higher, because I believe I should get some more AP; else I would be borderline leeching even if I learned what to do. Fortunately more AP should be coming in soon, as I heard that Dec 6 update may decrease upgrade cost at some stages. My weapon is Seraph 5, and I'm refraining from further upgrades till after the update.

Getting more AP won't mean much, because success in the higher dungeons isn't dictated by merely having high AP, but rather knowledge of the mechanics and having decent gear (badges, Riftwalk+ weapon, legendary accessories, BT/VT stuff). You can have 1K+ AP and still have terrible damage without good items on you... It's far too easy now for new players to get to high AP levels, but still have awful gear, giving them a false sense of success. Getting personal DPS meters in dungeons with the upcoming update should help people gauge their own usefulness. If you do 30K DPS or less in NS, you're just going to be dead weight, no matter how well you know the mechanics.

As @Milennin mentioned, AP is a bad meter to search people for these days, for example:
- I could have an ALT(which obviously i know all mech) with 920 ap, while in upper dungeons F8 asks you to have ~1k AP, but here's the twist, that alt has raven stage 3 all BT accs stage 6, bracelet stage 10, oath necklace and belt also stage 6, badges, and lets say even an awakened cosmic/hongmoon soul, BUT the AP is sitting at 920-930 with like lets say square gems, so by the current F8 AP-holic logic, it should be kicked, regardless of a fact that the character will definitely do x2 or x3 more dps than the actual guy with 960-1000ap(ive seen those plenty of times) that has empty accessories etc.

It may be a lil off-topic that I went to post this, but this is also to take into consideration with progression through dungeons, which is why @Milennin mentioned by false sense of success. Also F8 these days needs to re-consider the requirements of the dungeons, I find it cringy when they ask 1k+ for DT.

5 hours ago, Sinnaru said:

As @Milennin mentioned, AP is a bad meter to search people for these days, for example:
- I could have an ALT(which obviously i know all mech) with 920 ap, while in upper dungeons F8 asks you to have ~1k AP, but here's the twist, that alt has raven stage 3 all BT accs stage 6, bracelet stage 10, oath necklace and belt also stage 6, badges, and lets say even an awakened cosmic/hongmoon soul, BUT the AP is sitting at 920-930 with like lets say square gems, so by the current F8 AP-holic logic, it should be kicked, regardless of a fact that the character will definitely do x2 or x3 more dps than the actual guy with 960-1000ap(ive seen those plenty of times) that has empty accessories etc.

It may be a lil off-topic that I went to post this, but this is also to take into consideration with progression through dungeons, which is why @Milennin mentioned by false sense of success. Also F8 these days needs to re-consider the requirements of the dungeons, I find it cringy when they ask 1k+ for DT.

Then, make your own party in F8 and ignore those 1k+ AP recruitment posts?

I agree that higher AP does in no way guarantee more skillful players or higher dps. Unfortunately this seems to be only 'reliable' standard people can go by. Making it more so that players will set higher AP requirements to increase chance of success and/or speed of completing the dungeon. :/

That said, I should hold off on trying for NF and NS until at least Dec 6 because the effort required to get into one of these parties may be more strenuous than completing the dungeon itself. Most parties I do get into... other than the damage department, I tend to do better than others. Half the time I'm the only one left with doing the mechanics. Dx

6 hours ago, Naisho said:

I agree that higher AP does in no way guarantee more skillful players or higher dps. Unfortunately this seems to be only 'reliable' standard people can go by. Making it more so that players will set higher AP requirements to increase chance of success and/or speed of completing the dungeon. :/

That said, I should hold off on trying for NF and NS until at least Dec 6 because the effort required to get into one of these parties may be more strenuous than completing the dungeon itself. Most parties I do get into... other than the damage department, I tend to do better than others. Half the time I'm the only one left with doing the mechanics. Dx

If you can get into NF and NS do it now before cap raise and watch a few youtube videos to get an idea of what to do or expect.

Higher AP doesn't equal a more skillful player at all nor does it guarantee a faster run.  I've been kicked from 1k+ ap groups for having 999 ap (with 10 points in defense), and I get into the habit of taking a screen shot of the names, in case I do get the boot, so I can F2 their names for stats. 

Nearly 98% of the time, my character has higher crit, crit damage and elemental damage and 99% of the time they have all HM points into attack.  If I happen to not get kicked, most of the time there's no tank or the tank can't keep threat and one of them pulls hate.  They have no clue what to do and the boss ends up jumping all over the place and we end up having to do all the mechanics anyway, and the chance is very high they botch the mechanics and die/ have a sliver of health left.

The latest trend of asking for 1k ap to do ECHM, DTHM, NFHM and NSNM is pure stupidity, and it's only going to get worse with the ap increase we get with cap raise, and one of the new instances isn't going to be pug friendly for awhile, and It's going to make everything from Forge thru the new ones a pain for people doing Dawn/Rift path.

Archived