Bunch of questions

Tamyna

Hi, I'm a new player and I'm really liking the game so far. I'm completely confused though, so I'd like to ask something:

- does race or being male or female change anything gameplay wise? In some games it does, so I'm curious.

- I've read that ping is very important. I've tried to look at mine and I have 120 usually, but sometimes it goes up to 200. I'd like to play Force Master, is my ping a problem? Should I change to another class? I wouldn't want to be useless when I'll have to do dugeones with other players.

- abour Force Master: he looks really cool, but I find some combos really hard. Is he good in both PvE and PvP at least? I like to do both in mmos so I'd like to play a versatile class.

That is all, sorry if this is too obvious for you but to me it all is confusing!

Hi and welcome :) 

To answer your questions:

1. No, race and gender won't affect your gameplay except that class are locked to specific races; for example you can't create a Lyn destroyer and Yun are only female (thanks God).

2. To play properly FM in particular in PVP you need a ping lower than 100ms otherwise it's a pain.

3. I guess fm is one of the most difficult class to manage in pvp with a long learning curve but it's really strong in my opinion, of course if you have low ping.

Thank you very much. I'll keep going with force master for now, since I like the class but I'll surely exp another character later on because of the ping. What would you advice? I really like magic classes, like warlock or soul fighter

In general all classes are ping dependant but maybe warlock is less affected; also summoner isn't so ping dependant and is in general easy class.

If you are on Jinsoyun server feel free to contact me, ign is in signature.

1, Nope. There's different animations for each class but that's about it. Nothing in the story is affected by which class you chose. 

2, Ping is extremely important. Certain apps can help bring down your ping. From what I've heard, FM and WL are decent with high ping. I have a Warlock alt and it's great despite the occasional ping spikes lmao

3, I personally do not have an FM alt. (My main is an SF) From what I've seen, the class seems to be not as appealing for PVP. In PVE, it's an alright class. Most people say it's due to the lack of CC's. In 1v1's, they can easily be countered. Overall it's a decent class, I'd recommend trying FM and WL if you want a class that isn't super reliant on ping. 

Archived