So, why are we getting level 55 cap anyway?

Kayane

Just had this discussion with a few clan mates, and most of us don't really understand why we are getting level 55.  

Actual levels don't really mean anything in this game, they barely give you stats or something to boost your character.   To get back to 60% crit, you will need 9000 crit at level 55.  While it is true we will get a bit of accuracy and crit damage with the new gloves, our crit is going to suffer, alot.   dungeons and raid boss are getting scaled to us being level 55.   

In other words, we are leveling AND getting nerfed at the same time.   This is the first mmorpg where I level up and get weaker (and I have played many).  The only thing that gives us a decent amount of stat at this point are Temple of elivium soul shield, but then again none of them have garantueed crit stats.   Hive queen wings are simply too rare, even if you clear all content you barely get a dozen of them a week, and you're at the mercy of RNG for the drops in raid (and then there's no way to reroll the stats on them either...) Other regions most likely had more time then us to farm raids that it probably wasn't much of an issue when 55 came, but we really didn't have that long. 

Most of the ultimate are quite useless in pve, they take too long to cast for the damage they do, and for most class it's better to just stick to your own rotation. 

So really what's the point of level 55? beside making us weaker and make the game harder? Or are they doing this intentionnaly to push us to spend more money to get back to the strenght we had at level 50?   When I look at hive queen wing's being sold for 70 ncoin each, and then how many it takes to buy 1 single SS, I'm finding this game to be pretty damn depressing...

I played pretty much all of vanilla wow, and everytime they increased level cap, they brought new set of equipment.  In fact, the lower quality equipment would already be stronger then previous raid stuff.  On top of that, previous dungeons/raid would not scale to the new level cap, so going back to them made them significantly easier.

In BnS we're getting nothing of this, no new stronger equipment, or easier raid to go back to.   WoW did it right, bns didn't.  It's never like that in other mmos, old content become easier since it mostly doesn't get an increase in level.  Please don't compare both.

I've been wondering the same thing. We're levelling up, but still end up weaker than we were before the new level cap. I don't get it. If players were getting too strong, either just do a general nerf or adjust new dungeons to top players' power levels. Getting levels up should make us stronger, not weaker.

You don't get weaker.

This was discussed when silverfrost was introduced as well.

60% critical chance is against mobs of your level.

If you are 50, you have 60% to crit vs level 50 mobs and maybe 50% to crit vs level 55 mobs.

Every game does something similar, even WoW.

If you have 60% crit vs level 55 mobs, that doesn't mean you have 100% crit vs mobs of level 40 tough. Probably because some sort of crit cap.

I did mushin tower before and after silverfrost was introduced without changing gear.

Even tough I had less percentages, I did the same or better in clearing time.

Although I barely saw the difference, I can guarantee I wasn't worse off.

the reason why BnS doesn't give you green level 55 that is better that level 50 is to keep level 50 content still relevant.

Don't think we will have that much new content at 55.

Not to mention that maybe 1% of population have max gear at 50. 

In other games, it's usually ok to make current end game obsolete. Do you imagine the outrage if BnS did that?

The earlier patch that upgraded the mobs to adjust them to level 55 when we were still stuck at level 50 was a disaster for way more than half the player's base. People struggling to kill Naksun, constant wipes at EC normal mode, Sanctum becoming whale-only pug, etc. I think it's understandable to have misgivings about the new level 55 update, specially considering how many people will be creating a fresh new 50 level char with very basic gear, and that maaaaaany players don't even have BT gear to deal with the boosted dungeons. 

11 minutes ago, AceMaster said:

You don't get weaker.

This was discussed when silverfrost was introduced as well.

60% critical chance is against mobs of your level.

If you are 50, you have 60% to crit vs level 50 mobs and maybe 50% to crit vs level 55 mobs.

Every game does something similar, even WoW.

If you have 60% crit vs level 55 mobs, that doesn't mean you have 100% crit vs mobs of level 40 tough. Probably because some sort of crit cap.

I did mushin tower before and after silverfrost was introduced without changing gear.

Even tough I had less percentages, I did the same or better in clearing time.

Although I barely saw the difference, I can guarantee I wasn't worse off.

the reason why BnS doesn't give you green level 55 that is better that level 50 is to keep level 50 content still relevant.

Don't think we will have that much new content at 55.

Not to mention that maybe 1% of population have max gear at 50. 

In other games, it's usually ok to make current end game obsolete. Do you imagine the outrage if BnS did that?

Exactly this.

The stats you see in your character window are calculated vs mobs of the same level as you. As mob level goes up and yours so does the calculation change. You are not getting weaker, if you had 60% crit chance at level 50 , when you reach 55 and your crit will show 50%, that means its 50% vs level 55 mobs but you still have 60% versus level 50 mobs.

1 minute ago, Rea Shinwa said:

The earlier patch that upgraded the mobs to adjust them to level 55 when we were still stuck at level 50 was a disaster for way more than half the player's base. People struggling to kill Naksun, constant wipes at EC normal mode, Sanctum becoming whale-only pug, etc. I think it's understandable to have misgivings about the new level 55 update, specially considering how many people will be creating a fresh new 50 level char with very basic gear, and that maaaaaany players don't even have BT gear to deal with the boosted dungeons. 

Actually players struggled with naksun and EC because they failed on mechanics. Even now if you to a ECHM people barely make it because htey fail on mechanics.

Also with the new level 55 update players will get new accessories and free legendary MSP soulshield sets to boost them over pinnacle. I am not sure what stats they will have but they will make sure that even new characters can do the content without issues.

Just now, Grimoir said:

Actually players struggled with naksun and EC because they failed on mechanics. Even now if you to a ECHM people barely make it because htey fail on mechanics.

Also with the new level 55 update players will get new accessories and free legendary MSP soulshield sets to boost them over pinnacle. I am not sure what stats they will have but they will make sure that even new characters can do the content without issues.

I really hope so.

1 minute ago, Rea Shinwa said:

I really hope so.

Here from the news post:

"Your journey is not just limited to geography, but will increase your power to level 55. Completing Act VIII will also grant you with some significant rewards, including the Indomitable costume set, Sacred Longgui Soul Shield set, and Solak accessories. Once you realize your inner potential, challenge yourself with brand new dungeons and raids."

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Exactly this.

The stats you see in your character window are calculated vs mobs of the same level as you. As mob level goes up and yours so does the calculation change. You are not getting weaker, if you had 60% crit chance at level 50 , when you reach 55 and your crit will show 50%, that means its 50% vs level 55 mobs but you still have 60% versus level 50 mobs.

OK that's great and all, but raid and dungeons stuff that were previously level 50 are getting their level boosted to match ours as well.  We won't be fighting stuff 5 level under ours, but something of our level, AND our stats will go down.   So explain to me how will we not be weaker agaisnt any relevant boss/dungeon?

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Exactly this.

This argument wouldbe all well and good if everything that is currently lvl 50 stayed at lvl 50 after the patch, but they dont, everything gets scaled up to lvl 55, so yes, we do get weaker technically, not that it is going to be that big of a deal realistically, but yes, technically we are getting weaker

ok, the problem is.. we got new content, new mobs, new dungeon... if we still on lv 50.. and suddenly the new dungeon boss is lv 60 or 65, perhaps 70... then we got really worse acc/crit ratio with the boss, if we lv 50 fight lv 60.. we need maybe like 140% acc, and 70% crit.. but if we fight new dungeon boss at lv 55, we only  need 110% acc and 50% crit

3 hours ago, Fiana said:

ok, the problem is.. we got new content, new mobs, new dungeon... if we still on lv 50.. and suddenly the new dungeon boss is lv 60 or 65, perhaps 70... then we got really worse acc/crit ratio with the boss, if we lv 50 fight lv 60.. we need maybe like 140% acc, and 70% crit.. but if we fight new dungeon boss at lv 55, we only  need 110% acc and 50% crit

And you think a warlock does damage with only 50%crit 

5 hours ago, GonnaNeedaMontage said:

This argument wouldbe all well and good if everything that is currently lvl 50 stayed at lvl 50 after the patch, but they dont, everything gets scaled up to lvl 55, so yes, we do get weaker technically, not that it is going to be that big of a deal realistically, but yes, technically we are getting weaker

No it doesnt. Everything that was 50 stays scaled to 50. They do not get upscaled to 55. If that were the case all bosses in current level 55 dungeons would have a drastic HP increase and they wont get that,.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

No it doesnt. Everything that was 50 stays scaled to 50. They do not get upscaled to 55. If that were the case all bosses in current level 55 dungeons would have a drastic HP increase and they wont get that,.

So the time when we got screwed  with the update where bosses and dungeons and raids were scaled to lvl 55...

Do you think they intentionnaly implemented that for trolling us ?

I really doubt what you said sorry, I was pretty sure it was the intended scaling for lvl 55 content.

8 minutes ago, Riss77 said:

So the time when we got screwed  with the update where bosses and dungeons and raids were scaled to lvl 55...

Do you think they intentionnaly implemented that for trolling us ?

I really doubt what you said sorry, I was pretty sure it was the intended scaling for lvl 55 content.

Which update? sorry i cant make any sense of what you are saying.

The same happened when we got lvl 50 cap. Your stats remained as effective as they were against level 45 targets. For level 50 mobs the crit rate was much lower as you needed upscaled gear to achieve the same crit vs 50 as you had vs 45.

you can easily see it in mushin tower on the training dummies, they are still level 45.

are you guys still worried about what happened before when they accidentally updated some bosses to 55 content? monsters were updated but not your character and this time both will get improvement. Start complaining when you actually fought the bosses as a level 55, Like I said other regions already have this content before us and they dont seem to be any issues regarding it. If you are so worried your crit will go down by 10% or something well same thing happened during 50 cap increase thats because you are still using lv45 gears(soulshields, accessories, etc). same thing could happen on 55, your stats go down because your gear gets outdated by 5 levels.

9 minutes ago, Riss77 said:

And the thing is it was not only the raid bosses, Asura was lvl 53 instead of lvl 50 HM3, same for every bosses of dungeons. Zakhan suddenly become a killer and made a lot of people wipe/ragequit

You are mixing something up here. They changed the raids from 24 to 12 man which obviously needed adjustments for the bosses, the issue was that it affected all bosses and not just the raid ones. This had nothing to do with upscaling this was simply a bug.

Archived