Expensive Gems

Hanty

Hi, I am only one who think gems are too much expensive.

For one new gem ( I think name is: Tri-star) will be price so high.

You need buy:

3x hexagonal = 3*4= 12 powders

3x heptagonal = 12+16=> 28*3= 84 powders

3x octagonal = 84+64 => 148*3 = 444powders

1x Tri-star = 444+85 = 529powders

Price one powder is +/- 30g on market => 15 870per one new gem

Price for all slots is 95 220g

I don't know but I think 95k golds for gems is a little stupid price from NCSOFT

IF the gems would have stayed as they are right now...  I think it would have been a fair deal, as long as you are ok to buy the 5 powders they put on H10... since they added them I got them all each time they pop up.

Now I'm sitting with 4 gem's on heptagonal and 1 on hexagona..  -1 the element gem... I didn't do the math .. but it's still a long road for the octagonal and I didn't even check the price of the powder on the market.. and if it's 30+/-  that's a lot.

HA .. and so money lucky people got 1 octagonal in the last trove.. blows my mind.

It is simpler to get gems.. it's true.. but once you hit heptagonal .. it's stil hard to advance... and I don't mind.. it's end game content .. but if they add even MORE end game content and make it even harder to get to it.. then.. ... well.. damn. 

1 hour ago, Hanty said:

Hi, I am only one who think gems are too much expensive.

For one new gem ( I think name is: Tri-star) will be price so high.

You need buy:

3x hexagonal = 3*4= 12 powders

3x heptagonal = 12+16=> 28*3= 84 powders

3x octagonal = 84+64 => 148*3 = 444powders

1x Tri-star = 444+85 = 529powders

Price one powder is +/- 30g on market => 15 870per one new gem

Price for all slots is 95 220g

I don't know but I think 95k golds for gems is a little stupid price from NCSOFT

You miss the one important point: You are not supposed to get the gems 5 minutes after they are released. Yuo are supposed to work for them. Also you can buy powders from players, get them from the daily deals in HM store, use solar energies to buy gems and salvage them for powders, you can get gem powders from reward boxes from dynamic quests....you most likely will be able to get some from the solo area aswel.

max gems was never meant to be something that the average joe can get fast. it was meant as something that was even more tedious than the soul. if you remember how hard it was to get octaonal gems before you would know that it is now a piece of cake compared. now you actually have a viable way to get gems outside of events and having to hope that the next event would have the gem you were looking for.

because of this i feel like tri-star gems is something to please the whales more than it is something meant for the mainstream audience considering that most average players have gems that are somewhere in between hexagonal and heptagonal atm. there will always be different content meant for different target groups and this is one of the examples. if you feel that the requirements for the tri-star gems are inhuman you are simply not in the current target group (some of the blame has to be put on the gaming culture of eastern asia aswell,but that is another topic)

hope this clarifies a little bit for people when it comes to the tri-star gems

1 hour ago, Lyn Thunderfox said:

Question is : do you really need those Tri-star gems.

What the devil is a tri star gem? :o

@KesKolail Ofc it's there to please the whales. Problem is said whales will enforce it as a norm for whatever dungeons are "end" game, by amping up the AP by the amount those gems give. This happens EVERY gear patch we get. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM! No exceptions.

29 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

What the devil is a tri star gem? :o

@KesKolail Ofc it's there to please the whales. Problem is said whales will enforce it as a norm for whatever dungeons are "end" game, by amping up the AP by the amount those gems give. This happens EVERY gear patch we get. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM! No exceptions.

you are somewhat right, but still a bit off. it is right that for most dungeons the requirements set by the whales are too high, but that is because they are looking for fellow whales, not normal players. but remember that whales could have set the current requirements for dungeons to 1,1k already, but i haven't seen it yet so i don't think that your concern is fully viable. but i see your point and to some degree it is true, but not true enough to truly affect the game

AP is next to useless outside of joining dungeon lobbies and giving you negligible damage gains. I did a burst test in the training room with AP gems to see if i could notice a viable difference. So i used all hex gems versus all hep gems. The difference was around 2-4k give or take. Basically negligible as hell. Gems is a scam if anything. They make your stats LOOK pretty but give you next to nothing.

6 hours ago, Enemy Silence said:

AP is next to useless outside of joining dungeon lobbies and giving you negligible damage gains. I did a burst test in the training room with AP gems to see if i could notice a viable difference. So i used all hex gems versus all hep gems. The difference was around 2-4k give or take. Basically negligible as hell. Gems is a scam if anything. They make your stats LOOK pretty but give you next to nothing.

Really depends on how much elemental % you have. The damage difference AP brings is pretty high when your elemental factor is higher than nominal.

If you were here prior to the gem change, you would realize that gems used to cost easily 2x more than they do now.

Dear OP, what you are wishing for already happened.    Those radiant energies and small mountain of mats made making hepts very hard before the change.

I worked on gems since I got my first hex amethyst in Jan 2017 anni event.  It was a drag.  Finally by the time of the change, I was saving to make my 5th and 6th hepts. I was going to need a mountain of radiants+ the other stuff. They gave me over 2k gold for all my radiants that I was saving to make 2 hex's into 2 hepts. I easily made my 2 hepts and had resources remaining whereas, BEFORE the change I would have had a ways to go yet.

and I agree with prior poster: So you REALLY just want it all, now, free....

Archived