Same Hairstyle when u wear Headgear !!

Rose Rosairo

Hello Everyone , so i try a Headgear/Cap/Hat and it always give me short hair , even though the character has long hair and that Item called : '' Maritime Patrol Cap '' , and i think there is others .. maybe .. so i did send it to support about and what they say is .

===============================================================================================

Nov 26, 13:02 PST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Blade & Soul Support Team. The issue that you described is working as intended.

If you feel that the functionality should be changed or could be improved, you are more than welcome to post your suggestion on our Official Forums. You can find them at the link below:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forum/421-general-discussion/

Thank you for your understanding!

===============================================================================================

and so i do like you guys to support me on that and if there is any Item that give you issue with same hairstyle like short hair even though you have Ponytail or Twintail after you Equip that Cap it always give you Short hair , you can Comment that item in here and hope they change it or improve it to have interesting Hairstyle with any headgear !!

I would love if hats and stuff kept the original hair style (or some variation if you have a ponytail that would stick up and through the hat. I play a female lyn most the time and the go to style these hats seem to change my characters hair to is braided pigtails.. which is horrific looking imo. I chose her hair style for a reason if i wanted pig tails or braids i would have chose those. 

Pretty much all the hats give ugly as hell hair styles and it prevents me from wearing them. 

I agree with you! However, I must side with NCSOFT on this one. Making head accessories unique to each hair style will require too many models. I mean, if I was them, I wouldn't want to create a hundred different styles for every headgear that comes out... Having one is plain and simple but much easier. More so if Korea version does not provide the models then... the extra labor would simply not be worth it overall. But I do 110% agree with you that having the look determine by the characters hair would be much better and feel more genuine. 

13 hours ago, Naisho said:

I agree with you! However, I must side with NCSOFT on this one. Making head accessories unique to each hair style will require too many models. I mean, if I was them, I wouldn't want to create a hundred different styles for every headgear that comes out... Having one is plain and simple but much easier. More so if Korea version does not provide the models then... the extra labor would simply not be worth it overall. But I do 110% agree with you that having the look determine by the characters hair would be much better and feel more genuine. 

i didn't mean to make new hairstyle when u wear a Cap , just make the original under that Cap same thats all i Want !!

Because i feel like headgears that i have are useless and take space in my Bank .

14 hours ago, Naisho said:

In games like PSO2, you never had to compromise a hairstyle for a head accessory, like a hat or mask. If you wore a wig, that just makes sense. PSO2 is an older gen game too, so BNS has no valid excuse other than "clipping issues", if they wanted to go there, but as you might know by now, we have PLENTY clipping issues WITH their accessory-specific hairstyles in place. I have a Gon Female with beautiful long hair that I want to wear with ALL of my hats, as is, but they keep giving me this short hairstyle that doesn't always match the look I want.

There is a simple solution to this problem and I still ask myself HOW Ncsoft never did that... Just let people use 1 headgear and 1 hairstyle at the same damn time!

Because this is one of the major problem I have with the outfits... You have to choose with a good headgear but with a ugly hairstyle or a good hairstyle without a headgear...

Different hair styles come with different hats, imo its intended that way for variety. People don't tend to have the same hairstyle every day of their life, that's boring as hell. People tend to wear their hair different depending on what else they're wearing. If the combo solves clipping issues between head accessory and hair, then that's a bonus.

However, I do agree that perhaps there could be an option to check in inventory to display original hair, should you want it that way. Then if there are any clipping issues between head accessory and hair, that's on the player. 

11 hours ago, Rose Rosairo said:

i didn't mean to make new hairstyle when u wear a Cap , just make the original under that Cap same thats all i Want !!

Because i feel like headgears that i have are useless and take space in my Bank .

6 hours ago, Khaen said:

Different hair styles come with different hats, imo its intended that way for variety. People don't tend to have the same hairstyle every day of their life, that's boring as hell. People tend to wear their hair different depending on what else they're wearing. If the combo solves clipping issues between head accessory and hair, then that's a bonus.

However, I do agree that perhaps there could be an option to check in inventory to display original hair, should you want it that way. Then if there are any clipping issues between head accessory and hair, that's on the player. 

It's the clipping that would be indeed the problem. I mean it's already present and collision detection is not the best... Putting certain shaped helmets and such accessories will make it odd. Like a beret over an afro? Wait is that even possible? ... But regardless, if Korea or whatever version ours is based off of does not have such capabilities, much adjustments would be needed regardless if clipping becomes an issue or not.  :/

There should be two slots:

-One for wig

-One for head adornment.

There will be, of course, issues with clipping. But hey, clipping is nothing new in MMORPG. You can simply avoid clipping by not combine clipping-prone wig and head adornment in the first place.

Archived