What's the PVP tier list right now?

Silenvar

As the title says.
Which class is the most powerful class in PvP and why?

More specifically, tell me the top 3 classes.

I don't need any "It depends on your playstyle" nor "Every class is good if you know how to use it".

I just want to know, I won't change my BM anyways; I want to know which classes are the top tier atm.

What @Suna posted pretty much. Because of how PvP is right now for most classes (CC-lock someone and burst them down) 2 escape classes have an advantage over classes with only one escape. The second best thing after that are classes which can stall (iframes, certain CC immunities, healing).

However, what I said earlier about CC-locking someone and bursting them down doesn't apply to WL and to a degree to FM too. Since these two classes have ways of dealing a lot of unavoidable damage to enemies even if they have their escape(s) up. Warlocks do their leech -> thrall aerial launch combo which is unescapeable because of leech paralyze, then proceed to eat away 70-80% of your HP in one aerial. When they get their leech back (45s CD) they can do that all over again.

Force master's source of unavoidable damage is wallbang (they keep using knockbacks when you're facing a wall so you're technically CCed in-place, but you can't use your escape(s) for knockbacks). FM wallbang done right usually takes around 40% of your HP, depending on which class you're playing. As FM, it's not hard to get an opponent in that position if you have a good ping, since you can phantom grip and throw them into a wall before they have any chance to use their escape.

One thing I don't agree with on @Suna's list is that SF is thought of as being so bad. I don't play that much arena pvp on my SF (I usually do when I get bored), but when I do the class doesn't feel as weak as people say it is. Usually, when I lose on my SF it's because I didn't have enough experience with it and I missed certain opportunities. Tbh I think that's the problem: there aren't many SF mains even in PvE so it makes sense that there are very few good SFs in arena, so everyone thinks that the class is bad because nobody is dedicating time to main it in PvP. You can usually get easy additional season rewards if you make a SF alt and get it to gold, since there are so few people playing it.

On 11/30/2017 at 5:01 PM, Chara Dreemurr said:

One thing I don't agree with on @Suna's list is that SF is thought of as being so bad. I don't play that much arena pvp on my SF (I usually do when I get bored), but when I do the class doesn't feel as weak as people say it is. Usually, when I lose on my SF it's because I didn't have enough experience with it and I missed certain opportunities. Tbh I think that's the problem: there aren't many SF mains even in PvE so it makes sense that there are very few good SFs in arena, so everyone thinks that the class is bad because nobody is dedicating time to main it in PvP. You can usually get easy additional season rewards if you make a SF alt and get it to gold, since there are so few people playing it.

I must disagree, you can only fight ''fairly'' against 2 or 3 classes as sf. Every other class has an advantage. The only worthwhile cc escape is second wind which once u use up u are pretty much dead. BM/BD/summoner/warlock and FM completely destroys sf. Surely skill matters, but the amount skill and dedication required to ''win'' as sf is far greater then for bm/bd/summ/war/fm. Not mention not even in the pro scene is sf seen as much as other classes. Its a shit tier class in arena to much effort for to little reward, go play any other class for a better time honestly, you rage less with other classes.

tl;tr: the pro knows what they are talking about, sf is a low tier class

sf is great in pve tho :)...

SF is good in pvp if you know how to play it right. Their 100-0 combo is based on their frost storm skill. It is a matter of how and when you decide to use it. 

Every class has advantage and disadvantage. It depends on how you play it. Also, there are big differences in arena vs. openworld/battleground pvp. For example, sin has to do a lot more work in arena because in openworld/battleground, all they need is to toss people up in air and then toss the bomb/mine when they are dropping from air. It takes away about 150-200k+hp depending on if their soul procc'ed or not. In arena, since it is gear equalized, this combo doesn't hurt at all so sin players won't use it in arena.

sf is good if you know how to play and give enough effort , same goes for sin and kfm but on the other hand some classes like bd-summ-wl climbs to same spot as you do with much less effort. Normally there should be 2 kinds of pvp style , one is hard class comes with more rewards when you master it because it's really HARD and easy class good for low tiers but everyone can play it or You just optimize classes and playing all of them should be at same diffuculty.

This system we have rewards easy classes more and more and screw hard classes.

From what ive have seen, its like this.

1v1 gold-platinum: 

tier 1: WL, FM, SIN

tier 2: BD, DES, KFM

tier 3: BM, SUM, SF, GUN

PS: you can say WL is god tier class right now dominating 1v1 and 3v3, because of skill resset (best pvp skill in the game) and aerial combos that are guaranteed dmg even if your opponent has tab escape. 3v3 is similar but SF are tier 2 there. 

In silver and below anything can happen, literaly. You shouldnt make decisions based on tiers if you dont plan go higher at all costs. 

As for diamond, i think it depends on players greatly. Usualy they know each another and main things are mind games. Plus some classes may counter another here. 

All in all, it depend on what you want to do and how much you are able to comit, my recomendation for top 3 classes right now: 

1) Warlock

pros: easy to play, not many buttons, looks awesome, strong in 1v1 and 3v3, insane burst, skill resset, familiar, not really bad match up. 

cons: if they nerf them i expect SF level of nerf

2) Assasin

pros: crazy cc chains, 2 escapes, stealth (for some really hard to deal with), really stable over the years and expect to be in future = great if you want main for long time

cons: really hard to do perfect combos (not recomend as an alt), cant really "save" teammates in 3v3 (but can 1v3 ;P) 

3) Lyn blade dancer

pros: core for many 3v3 combs, fun in pvp, spinner, great overall skill set (iframes, def skills, ccs, burst, ect), imo like blade master made for pvp

cons: strugle vs classes with 2+ escapes (wl, sin, fm), some say they are predictible (not sure about that to be honest)

Honorable mentions:

FM (last buff made them really good)

DES (great in 3v3 and easy to handle)

As i said its my opinion and its influenced by pro tournaments in KR, i myself main BM and only reached gold but love to study and watch pvp tournaments. Hope it helps. 

Archived