another class dying

nonistaicho

You guys actually did it!

With your complaining and impossibility to learn your own class you managed to kill yet another one. this will be FM all over again!

https://bnstree.com/news/BJZHp8SlM/11.24-kr-developer-letter

Well done! Why don't you start complaining about the kfm now? that kr dude has been winning all the tournaments with it! Go on, do it! i hate that class in pvp!

Stop and accept the fact that some classes are more like tanks, some are more like support and some are DPS. All you did since the gunner appeared was complain that a gunner would dps your poor little cat or whatever in pve for those 10 seconds. IT's ONLY 10 SECONDS THAT THE GUNNER EXCELS!!!!!! damn kids ruining the game over and over again.

They have so many other things that they need to improve, why don't you complain more about pet pods (those really suck) or about 6v6? Or the so many other bugs that have been in this game since open beta or whatever? But who cares about that when you can't kill that gunner in under 5 seconds, right? cause this is what's it all about, right?

And before you start throwing mud as you do best, i don't main a gunner, i have FM as main. I'm just disappointed to see the same thing happening to yet another class. And the inability for the devs to see through your whining!

nah, i don't really care about class right now, after reading dev letter.. they want all class have same role & same dps... no tank, no dps, no support... everyone can be anything they want

FM can tank (hold aggro) and support party, same like gunner, bm, kfm, etc

and this is fighting game, no class should be able to 100-0 in one combo

They can’t be that stupid right?? I mean it’s NCsoft... known for the brightest ideas.. but this?? So classes that have nothing expect DPS get their damage nerfed to the level of classes that have few exclusives? Or I misunderstood something here?

1 hour ago, Beleth said:

They can’t be that stupid right?? I mean it’s NCsoft... known for the brightest ideas.. but this?? So classes that have nothing expect DPS get their damage nerfed to the level of classes that have few exclusives? Or I misunderstood something here?

there won't be any exclusive.. all class will have same amount dps (with same gear), and all class can have threath skill, party iframe, support buff, etc

this is really great idea :3 VT raid won't be suck anymore :3 and some player won't have to kick people in BT raid just because the dont have the tank :3

4 hours ago, nonistaicho said:

With your complaining and impossibility to learn your own class you managed to kill yet another one. this will be FM all over again!

Well done! Why don't you start complaining about the kfm now? that kr dude has been winning all the tournaments with it! Go on, do it! i hate that class in pvp!

And  you are complaining with us in the West like if N$oft Korea give a damn ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about our opinion LOL

They do the things the do based in their players in Korea!  not in America LOL

We complain about stuff here because is the only way we can relief our frustration but we all know that everything that the developers do in America have to go to Korea for approval /tired So even if the developers in America have very good ideas the ones that have the last word are the developers in Korea.

Whether the devs in Korea hear us or not (which is very unlikely imo), I think gunner does deserve a nerf (just a little bit) or at least, other classes such as FM or BM need a little bit of dps boost.

Just look at FIRE GUNNER as an example. It doesn't just have high burst and medium sustain, it has VERY HIGH burst and HIGH sustain. If that doesn't speak imbalance then I don't know what is. Now, look, as far as dps goes, I understand that the more dps we have the better, because contents get clear faster. Knowing that, however, I still can't agree with the difference in DPS between Gunslinger and other classes. Check this out:

Below is the footage I dug up from youtube. The 3 videos are of the same raid team. Each from the perspective of FIRE GUN (burst soul 60s cd), FIRE FM (burst soul 60s cd), SHADOW SIN (sustain soul 8s cd).

FIRE GUN (uploaded at November 24):

FIRE FM (uploaded at nov 24):

SHADOW SIN (uploaded at oct 8):

In all 3 videos, you can see the fire gunner lead the dps chart; and during the initial burst, the gunner outdps other classes from 1 to 1,5 million dps. And at the end when the bosses died, it had the dps at least 100k higher, and even 300k or so higher than that of FIRE FM every time.

Notice that FIRE FM and FIRE GUNNER are both categorized as RANGE DPS since they provide little more than dps. I and probably many other players regard FM as range dps due to the fact that as far as party utility goes, FM's divine veil and frost sheath don't do too much now do they? How many times do you see those 2 things get used in a raid, or are required for mechs?

With this much difference in terms of dps, surely the game needs some tweaking... In my opinion, gunner needs to be toned down in terms of dps (just a little bit)... Or more importantly, they need to buff FM and BM and some other classes....

4 hours ago, nonistaicho said:

Stop and accept the fact that some classes are more like tanks, some are more like support and some are DPS. All you did since the gunner appeared was complain that a gunner would dps your poor little cat or whatever in pve for those 10 seconds. IT's ONLY 10 SECONDS THAT THE GUNNER EXCELS!!!!!! damn kids ruining the game over and over again.

They have so many other things that they need to improve, why don't you complain more about pet pods (those really suck) or about 6v6? Or the so many other bugs that have been in this game since open beta or whatever? But who cares about that when you can't kill that gunner in under 5 seconds, right? cause this is what's it all about, right?

And before you start throwing mud as you do best, i don't main a gunner, i have FM as main. I'm just disappointed to see the same thing happening to yet another class. And the inability for the devs to see through your whining!

I agree if an FM's damage is lowered it will be much harder to deal with classes that stun lock, spam block, resist and steath/counter since as an FM we rely on finding the right opportunity to hit them hard and kill them. If there is any class that needs damage nerf it should be WL, Gunners and Sin I think. Anyway, from my experience mages get nerfed to the ground all the time until it becomes like a total joke because of people complaining but if that happens I am most likely to quit as I can't level/gear another char since I invested too much in my FM. If anything that needs to be said it is that FM is the only balanced class in BnS and the only class that has the highest learning curve for pvp and 6v6. It should either be left alone or buffed but a nerf would destroy it. 

11 minutes ago, Kylasviel Weizmann said:

I agree if an FM's damage is lowered it will be much harder to deal with classes that stun lock, spam block, resist and steath/counter since as an FM we rely on finding the right opportunity to hit them hard and kill them. If there is any class that needs damage nerf it should be WL, Gunners and Sin I think. Anyway, from my experience mages get nerfed to the ground all the time until it becomes like a total joke because of people complaining but if that happens I am most likely to quit as I can't level/gear another char since I invested too much in my FM. If anything that needs to be said it is that FM is the only balanced class in BnS and the only class that has the highest learning curve for pvp and 6v6. It should either be left alone or buffed but a nerf would destroy it. 

op is talking about fire gunner not fm.

30 minutes ago, fruiteaterz said:

I'm actually happy about these changes. Hate me all you want for this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

same here...  being able to change from tank to dps in one character is a good idea... i dont know why but this remind me of FFXIV... xD

also Revamped Controls sound promising.. i wanna try something new after all.. 

for Class Balance,  i would prefer if they increase the length of Stealth Assassins, or stand alone skill to stealth for a bit longer than 12 Sec and if you use skill it will be disabled...

12 hours ago, nonistaicho said:

Actually the one whining here is you, plenty people gave solid proof and arguments about the class being broken and here you are crying your heart out.

Anyway in regards to kfm: kfm is amazing when you have great ping, also kfm is easy to beat if you watch their skills and buffs so i dont see how bringing that korean winner into thisdiscussion is any relevant.

hahaha looks like wl situation all over again...when wl first come out all begging for nerf...i wonder this kind of thing is a routine for this game community xD....seeing new class out>omg its op>start the bandwagon nerf squad>get nerfed>YEAAAAAAAA we did it guys we did it...xD now i cant wait for new class come out (if any) and we gonna have this kind of stuff again....kinda fun tho xD

12 minutes ago, Teijin said:

from that link they only thing i cared about was the part were it say they might be uncensoring the outfits besides i prefer shadow for my gunner 

well i saw at faction chat back then...some said fire=high ping shadow=low ping...so yeah good luck high ping gunner xD

Why don't we wait until it is actually released to see what the changes are. They could be bad or you could be blowing this way out of proportion. 

The Korean devs listen to the korean servers.. not us. So blaming the NA/EU player base for a decision KR is implementing is placing the blame on the wrong people. you wanna blame someone.. blame the KR player base. 

12 hours ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

Notice that FIRE FM and FIRE GUNNER are both categorized as RANGE DPS since they provide little more than dps. I and probably many other players regard FM as range dps due to the fact that as far as party utility goes, FM's divine veil and frost sheath don't do too much now do they? How many times do you see those 2 things get used in a raid, or are required for mechs?

Veil (or a projectile block though it's best to use veil since it doesn't have a different spec it would rather be on) is used for Boss 1 VT. Sheath is super important for the Scions Keep Boss, being used for the ball explosion and a back up if the stealth dies. Sheath also makes a great panic save for a party in general when something goes awry due to a mistake.

FMs are the best root for Hive Queen add phase hands down with their chill on rmb.

As far is BT goes veil is used on Boss 2 on the outside and RK when he's throwing projectiles at you during add phase.

13 hours ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

beside from raid since others already mention it...frost sheath is useful in dungeon too...example when the summoner screw up and doesnt stealth in final boss ec...so that sheath come to the rescue...same as others boss dungeon mech big red aoe...

Archived