KR Developer Letter 11-24-2017

Laosduude

Overall I don't mind macros.

But in this game permit macros in pvp will just kill the arena even more. it was part of the learning curve and errors differentiate a good player learning his combos from a bad player.

Now if everyone can do every combos (fm combos, 3rf, anicancel etc) perfecltly what would be the point of pvp anymore ?

Its not very clear so we will wait & see but this combo thing may only be for pve.

All in all this DEV letter is just another pve balance change, NOTHING absolutely NOTHING about pvp.

Rated T for Teen

*Most likely not applicable to NA/EU but still interesting (daka)

The game's age rating will become 15+ (down from 18+)

In accordance to KR internet laws:

Adults (18+) will experience no change

Teens (15-18) will experience some restrictions

Teens will not be able to log in between 12 AM to 6 AM

Teens will not be able to join cross server dungeons/battlegrounds/arena from 11:30 PM

Some outfits as well as some in game cutscenes that are deemed inappropriate will be censored (for teens only)

LOL This is epic stupid!!!!

But of course it does not come to EU/US i think

So Teen cant play at night and cant see sexy stuff lol (NCS you know this is parents job not yours.)

But yea Ganbling is ok for Teens GG NCS

23 minutes ago, Fufia said:

Rated T for Teen

In accordance to KR internet laws:

Adults (18+) will experience no change

Teens (15-18) will experience some restrictions

But of course it does not come to EU/US i think

So Teen cant play at night and cant see sexy stuff lol (NCS you know this is parents job not yours.)

But yea Ganbling is ok for Teens GG NCS

Korean laws on these matters are different than in the USA.

In Korea males at 18 basically get drafted into the military for 2 years - and when they get out end up in the full time work force. Your gaming years are likely to end at 18 for a vast majority of people there.

In the USA, the average gamer is probably somewhere between 30-50 years old... I read an article about 5 or so year back that claimed the average US gamer was a 35 year old woman... (this of course includes mobile games - once you factor those in women vastly outnumber men in gaming. For MMOs I have no idea as I've never seen an article on it, but in every MMO I've played when we jump into voice I get surrounded by grandmothers - but I suspect this is just me).

This game's M rating likely hurts it in Korea, and they have to make changes to be in line with laws there if they want to get the primer Korean gamer demographic (teenage boys).

http://bns.plaync.com/news/updateall/article/6007

- Original letter if you want to verify the article.

Korean is my second language but my skills are limited to conversational and extremely slow reading...

So google Chrome gives this for the relevant section:

Expansion of age 15

We have always 
strived to make sure that more people join together in the world of Blade & Soul to have a fun experience.

The deletion of the last year's ticket was also an extension of the same change, and this time 
we will expand the age of use to further expand the fun and value we have prepared.

There may be family members who are worried that this process of change and the experience in the process will be undermined.

In order to ensure that the changes we are pursuing do not cause unintended inconvenience, we will provide services in the following forms.

● Adults do not change at the beginning of the game or during the game.

● Youth automatically checks the age at the start of the game, and the following matters apply when playing the game. 
- According to the youth internet game shutdown system, the game can not be played between 12:00 pm and 6:00 am, 
  and the union dungeon matching and dungeon entry will be restricted from 11:30 pm. 
- Depending on the level of deliberation, some of the in-game outfits that have been determined to be unavailable 
  are changed to other designs and some of the in-game videos will not change or appear.

No mention of this being related to laws... BUT from what I understand of Korea, I suspect that is the correct reason.

those will not be macros. Those will be similar to what Tera has, basically you click one button to use a skill, when it resolves isntead of another button, you can click the same one to activate another skill. automation of these is still deemed "macroing" and wont be allowed by the ToS so still bannable.

I like the part where they specifically mention balance and sins and GS....i see them nerfs coming xD

Also idk about the hm points.....i mean....its nice we get a new way of getting them but they are making it soo complicated lol

59 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

those will not be macros. Those will be similar to what Tera has, basically you click one button to use a skill, when it resolves isntead of another button, you can click the same one to activate another skill. automation of these is still deemed "macroing" and wont be allowed by the ToS so still bannable.

I like the part where they specifically mention balance and sins and GS....i see them nerfs coming xD

Also idk about the hm points.....i mean....its nice we get a new way of getting them but they are making it soo complicated lol

There is no question about a nerf for gunslinger at least but from my understanding and the wording they're supposedly going to address fire GS and shadow sin in particular to move those builds of both classes away from being reliant on burst.  I'd already heard that they had intended to do this and the part about GS being stiff I think is referring to fire GS having to stand still for one of their bursts.

What they could do for the macro's is something similar to L2's macro system. Make so that if you move or hit another key it cancels the macro. make it similar to how certain classes like WL have to stand still to cast the skill that way players don't become reliant on the macro system and it also makes it fing impossible to use in pvp.  

Archived