Black Friday Blade & Soul...

Takemikazuchi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm laughing so hard right now xDD. If you do the math, to buy the Premium 90 days "discount" you have to spend 35 dollars but getting the same 90 days monthly you spend 36 dollars so the "DEEP DISCOUNT" is only 1 dollar ahahahahahahaha.

I think the name of it is wrong.

Black Friday sale? no!

Alternative names:

1st of April/ April joke.

https://imgur.com/vc9GGxr

Mediocre sale

https://imgur.com/c7xAIfy

Madao sale 

https://imgur.com/vc9GGxr

Hope the thing they said on the news is real, at least that part, meaning this part

We’re preparing some big discounts and special bundles for the Black Friday weekend.

Hope they add more stuff throughout the weekend, although I'm not holding my breath... 

As a famous movie quote says:

I think we must accept that this is "As good as it gets" and live with it...

Your neighborhood Blade Master,

Takemikazuchi

I love how they falsely advertise the whole North Star outfit on all types of media to promote there Black Friday sale, even on there MAIN website and then the headband doesn't come with the Outfit bundle. If any creators see this I just want to ask, If you go Currys/PC world on Black Friday do you buy Half a TV? basically if you advertise the full Outfit give the people the FULL OUTFIT and the reason I say Basically is because it's the basic fundamentals of advertising.

It's ok guys. The "And More" is just around the corner, on Monday!

Gem Powder Bundle

Price: 430 NCoin (10% discount) [Limit 5 per Account]

• Hongmoon Gem Powder (x2)
  • Hongmoon Gem Fragment (x1)

This 10% discount is limited 5 per account! What a steal!...
On a side note, I never saw this company as the more generous ones. Most games with digital sales would have heavy discounts (60%+) because well... it's digital. But then again, I never expected too much, so I wasn't really disappoint.

Edit: For me, 10% deals feel more like a every weekend thing.

For those thinking that I pulled 60% out of no where... I technically did, but now looking at some others games I play... Warframe has discounts of 25%-50%, Path of Exile has 30%-80%, etc. Sure, my selects may coincidentally be some of the better ones or maybe I just have an eye for good games. Usually games that keep players in mind do fairly well.

Gonna ignore the cyber monday bundle too. None of this shit is good for their decisions of what they're selling lmao. All the account services could of individually be 30% off each, I mean, they're not even gonna get hurt by it with the amount of rng loot sales they keep adding. Want quality of life? Nope, you must buy the thing you want in a bundle at max price!

6 hours ago, Naisho said:

It's ok guys. The "And More" is just around the corner, on Monday!

Gem Powder Bundle

Price: 430 NCoin (10% discount) [Limit 5 per Account]

• Hongmoon Gem Powder (x2)
  • Hongmoon Gem Fragment (x1)

This 10% discount is limited 5 per account! What a steal!...
On a side note, I never saw this company as the more generous ones. Most games with digital sales would have heavy discounts (60%+) because well... it's digital. But then again, I never expected too much, so I wasn't really disappoint.

Edit: For me, 10% deals feel more like a every weekend thing.

So... they saw our forum post ^ and they did this as a plan B. But their greed failed to register that a regular sale isn't a BLACK FRIDAY sale....

Seriously now 10% is a normal sale percentage.

30% and upwards are Black Friday sale's percentages...

Right... so from " This event and throughout the weekend ..." we came to "Monday", which isn't a weekend bundle, nor have I heard of this "Cyber Monday" before. Is safe to say that our voices have been heard. 

Have our voices made a big difference? I do not think so, but at least our dissatisfaction made an impact. 

A small victory is better than no victory~

2 hours ago, eric11zhao said:

I think so far they may recruit a new stupid and arrogant products managers, who thinks we will buy their shit

Regardless unfortunate or not, the truth is that there are players buying these things. It works well enough that it can be attempted year after year. Whether if it's the most efficient balance of community satisfaction (retainability) and revenue is still left to be said. Some companies are closer to either of the extremes, and I am pretty confident to say that this game is close to the side of stingy in term of appealing discounts (from my perspective).

3 minutes ago, Takemikazuchi said:

So... they saw our forum post ^ and they did this as a plan B. But their greed failed to register that a regular sale isn't a BLACK FRIDAY sale....

Seriously now 10% is a normal sale percentage.

30% and upwards are Black Friday sale's percentages...

Right... so from " This event and throughout the weekend ..." we came to "Monday", which isn't a weekend bundle, nor have I heard of this "Cyber Monday" before. Is safe to say that our voices have been heard. 

Have our voices made a big difference? I do not think so, but at least our dissatisfaction made an impact. 

Surely not just this post, but I'm sure they do at least look at player feedback... It's just that, not sure if they genuinely try to understand and cater to the players or just use new ideas as another opportunity for more income. Unfortunately I am sure it feels more like the latter for the most of us.

17 hours ago, Takemikazuchi said:

" This event and throughout the weekend ..." we came to "Monday", which isn't a weekend bundle, nor have I heard of this "Cyber Monday" before. Is safe to say that our voices have been heard. 

Nope, not a victory. Cyber Monday has been a "thing" for over a decade: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Monday

Nothing that unusual about a game or other retailer popping up Monday specials.

Like everyone else, I'd a bit disappointed by the lame offerings but that just means I'm spending my holiday money on real, lasting, useful stuff instead of temporary, digital images I'll tire of soon enough.

Thanks NCWest! I totally would have wasted a chunk of real money on a bunch of revival cosmetics at good prices and stocked up on discounted stamps and such. But nope, thanks to ya'll, sanity wins! 

12 minutes ago, oOnyXo said:

tbh I dont see the issue, the majority of stuff on Sale at retailers on Black Friday is shit you don't really want or trash they are trying to get rid of, the costume fits this theme nicely lmfao

Wait... did you just compare digital pixels to physical objects that take up space and require resources to make? There is no need to try to get rid of digital pixels, because it's not taking up any space. And many stuff retailers try to get rid of are regularly put up for sale regardless if annual Black Friday or not. The main difference of digital pixels sold online is... You can sell as many high or low demand items at any price at no extra cost. No fear of stocking extras and not being able to sell...

i am disappointed with their "Black Friday" Specials as well :(

Would of been nice if they added in other outfits at discounted prices, etc but it is what it is.

But, this?

Cyber Monday – November 27 (10am  PST) –November 28 (10am PST)

Gem Powder Bundle

Price: 430 NCoin (10% discount) [Limit 5 per Account]

Hongmoon Gem Powder (x2)

Hongmoon Gem Fragment (x1)

Come on now....

Your only getting 1 Gem Powder extra and saving on 10NCoin compared to regular price.

Is that really the best you can do?

4 hours ago, XR said:

i am disappointed with their "Black Friday" Specials as well :(

Would of been nice if they added in other outfits at discounted prices, etc but it is what it is.

But, this?

Cyber Monday – November 27 (10am  PST) –November 28 (10am PST)

Gem Powder Bundle

Price: 430 NCoin (10% discount) [Limit 5 per Account]

Hongmoon Gem Powder (x2)

Hongmoon Gem Fragment (x1)

Come on now....

Your only getting 1 Gem Powder extra and saving on 10NCoin compared to regular price.

Is that really the best you can do?

apparently saving 10 nc ... is a blackfriday/weekend/cyber monday... what ever discount sale?

Well... seems so.

Yet with the event boxes and they crates from nc shop, everything dropping gems, the prices on f5 for gems is now 29-30g each. 

Is safe to say: Sell 40nc buy gems at a better price than work to buy gems from this package.

From my POV, judging by the black Friday's, and cyber Monday's deals, it seems NCW milked too much money from previous events, and they are happy with it. the Funniest thing about this black Friday's sales is, they are bundles, and all have trash inside or missing something. I suggest NWC hire a professional marketing person. Does NCW even have a boss to supervise the company?

As time goes by, the game isn't becoming a joke(although there r lot of things needs to be fixed), but the company is lol.

39 minutes ago, Egoist00 said:

From my POV, judging by the black Friday's, and cyber Monday's deals, it seems NCW milked too much money from previous events, and they are happy with it. the Funniest thing about this black Friday's sales is, they are bundles, and all have trash inside or missing something. I suggest NWC hire a professional marketing person. Does NCW even have a boss to supervise the company?

As time goes by, the game isn't becoming a joke(although there r lot of things needs to be fixed), but the company is lol.

I a programmer by trade, but I willing to volunteer to be in charge of the marketing if they have position open! I plan to be out of my current job by Feb, so if they have fair salary and good benefits... Though if they treat employees like they do the players, I may need to reconsider.

Archived