Sign in to follow this  
YenNhi

Computer specs. Is the good enough?

YenNhi   

Hi,  I just bought a new computer and its will be shipped to me soon.  I was wondering if the specs is good enough.  I know it’s not single core but this is all I can offered atm.  Thanks for the inputs.

Windows 10 Home

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Processor

GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5

8GB DDR4/2400MHz RAM

MSI B350M BAZOOKA Motherboard

1TB SATA3 7200 RPM HD

Got 1 pc with the same cpu as you difference is that i have 32gb of ram and a 1080 gtx and it runs the game without a problem,but my other pc just with an i5 8400 and same ram and gpu runs the game a little better, the only reason i can think of why is the singe core performance of the i5, but the ryzen has no trouble running it and maybe an ssd and a little better gpu would not hurt.

Quantum   

Yes, I run bns on a Ryzen 5 1600X with a GTX 1060 3gb and it plays smoothly. Although I would say you might want to get 16GB RAM.

add a SSD and will be good, you will lost fps  on a hard battle on i5 i8 from 7 and 8 gen but will playable ), this old engine like more intels

game on hdd is omg, ssd is best for all

More system ram would be preferable if you can afford it. The way BnS is programmed it offloads a lot of the video math to the CPU and without enough system ram to buffer it you may see some system lag. 

Basically what MegaMouseGW said. If you're running windows 10, you're 100% running redstone 3, which means 8 GB ram will be just barely enough to run the OS and BnS and absolutely nothing else.

YenNhi   

Update:  I just canceled my order on that pc and just got another one at BestBuy.  Its specs as follows:

intel core i7 7700

Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 3gb

16gb system memory

1tb hard drive and 120gb solid state drive

Does this look better?

Hi! I'll be building a new pc soon aswell and got same dilemma choosing cpus. Either Ryzen 1700 or Intel i7 7700 w/hyperthreading or i5 8400 with 6 cores. Is the gap between 1700 and 8400 at raids such as msp really huge? How many fps is the disparity? Thanks!

KzE   
On 11/24/2017 at 10:43 PM, YenNhi said:

Update:  I just canceled my order on that pc and just got another one at BestBuy.  Its specs as follows:

intel core i7 7700

Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 3gb

16gb system memory

1tb hard drive and 120gb solid state drive

Does this look better?

No. 3gb vram still 3gb vram.

3 hours ago, jenosmaverick said:

Hi! I'll be building a new pc soon aswell and got same dilemma choosing cpus. Either Ryzen 1700 or Intel i7 7700 w/hyperthreading or i5 8400 with 6 cores. Is the gap between 1700 and 8400 at raids such as msp really huge? How many fps is the disparity? Thanks!

If you want i5, buy the 8600k. i7 7700 is solid choice and for gaming Ryzen 1600X.

8 minutes ago, KzE said:

If you want i5, buy the 8600k. i7 7700 is solid choice and for gaming Ryzen 1600X.

Sadly the 8600k is also hot within the case I'll be having. Is the 7700 better over 8400 in such games like BnS?

Fufia   

Basically if you just wanna play games is beter go Intel because the clock speed usually is higher and normal benefits games more not in all games but in BS yes fast CPU is beter.

The 7700 and the 8400 probably has the same performance in BS i think the 7700 do a little better.

Do yourself a favor and dont buy a Intel 8th generation now if you dont go overclock. Buy the 8400 and a Z370 Motherboard is the same as throwing money away.

About Ram you ok with 8GB but is the minimum this days.

Hard drive if you dont have more budget is ok but a SSD make all your system faster and in BS just make loading screen fast.

GPU i dont like the 3gb only but think is ok for BS but if you play more games try get more 

serhat   

This game has the worst optimization of the world even though it is old.

Blade  and Soul ===a system killer ...

If I were on a budget, I would buy a desktop like this:

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080,

CPU: Intel i5 8400,

Memory: 8gb RAM,

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA.

GPU: it is definitely the most significant factor, GTX 1080 8gb is much better than GTX 1060 3gb, but can still give below 60FPS (1920x1080) in a 12-man raid.

CPU: i5 8400's effective speed in gaming is higher than i7 7700's, their prices are similar.

Memory: from my own experience when I play Blade & Soul I do not keep other applications running, so I rarely use more than 4gb RAM playing the game, and 8gb is more than enough for me.

Hard Drive: the only effect SSD has on Blade & Soul is reducing loading screen's time, for me I do not really care about the additional 5 seconds on loading screens.

The above configuration costs 1350 USD on dell.com. My basic idea is saving 200 USD from 16gb RAM and SSD, and spend another 100 USD, so I can replace GTX 1060 3gb with GTX 1080 8gb. Last but not least, do not forget to purchase a 120+Hz monitor. With a regular monitor (60Hz), there is no point having a GPU that gives you more than 60FPS.

Edited by HolyZealot