Nerf Gunners [Locked - Bumping]

Fely

Just a thought, I feel like Gunners are imbalanced in game rite now.

It isn't just their DPS, its the 5 escapes in a row as well as block and immune.

The problem I see isn't their damage as much as their range and escapes.

they have the ability to stay out of reach of melee class while doing exorbitant amounts of damage.

so either allow only one escape every 20 seconds or reduce their range.

this will allow them to keep their DPS for PVE while balancing them in PVP.

please don't attack me its just a thought and besides i don't think En Ce Sof will take my advice anyway.

Look I play a gunner also its my second choice after my main OK so I have nothing against gunners.

However when I first made my gunner I was amazed at how much easier the game felt in PVE compared to my main.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i go wwv today and seeing how op the gunner in there but kinda funny seeing so fast gunner die...my pt members even said go aim the gunner first...for me as wl when they try to use their burst skill aka tab...im just simply use my c and they already waste their burst tab skill xD

2 hours ago, FiveFinger Death Touch said:

Just a thought, I feel like Gunners are imbalanced in game rite now.

It isn't just their DPS, its the 5 escapes in a row as well as block and immune.

The problem I see isn't their damage as much as their range and escapes.

they have the ability to stay out of reach of melee class while doing exorbitant amounts of damage.

so either allow only one escape every 20 seconds or reduce their range.

this will allow them to keep their DPS for PVE while balancing them in PVP.

please don't attack me its just a thought and besides i don't think En Ce Sof will take my advice anyway.

Look I play a gunner also its my second choice after my main OK so I have nothing against gunners.

However when I first made my gunner I was amazed at how much easier the game felt in PVE compared to my main.

Yea lets hope they don't your advice because u are clueless. You pretty much want to destroy the whole class in pvp so that it doesn't even have a chance of winning, might as well not even make it available to gunners lmao

You are in the minority ClassicMan

everyone knows this class is OP, and PVP stats are not a reliable indication of class balance.

I have multiple LVL 50+ characters of different classes and none are as OP as the gunner.

you are in denial if you think this class is somehow balanced.

You resort to name calling because you cant make a valid argument.

25 minutes ago, FiveFinger Death Touch said:

You are in the minority ClassicMan

everyone knows this class is OP, and PVP stats are not a reliable indication of class balance.

I have multiple LVL 50+ characters of different classes and none are as OP as the gunner.

you are in denial if you think this class is somehow balanced.

You resort to name calling because you cant make a valid argument.

You say I'm in the minority as if the people commenting on this post represent even half of the playerbase including those who actively post on the forums. Having multiple lvl 50+ characters doesn't mean you are knowledgable of all the classes. I don't even play a gunner but smile when I see one in pvp because they are just that easy to kill and I know it will be an automatic win for me. Who said anything about pvp stats being reliable? I responded accordingly to what you posted. I fail to see where you think I was name calling you? If you were referring to clueless then maybe you need to look up what the definition of it is because you are just that when it comes to speaking on the gunner's behalf. There is no point in explaining to most of you because each time you "deem" a class to be better than your own then you call out for a nerf.

This post was actually pointless because there was already a patch on the way in Korea to decrease their fire build damage, by how much I don't know but I doubt it will be by a ton. So it probably will still remain the #1 dps

On 11/22/2017 at 11:40 PM, newbiez said:

summoner have heal like sf to help the party...summoner have stealth like sin to help the party...summoner have familiar like wl but summoner familiar way way way more useful than wl familiar... and many more with all those skills u dont think ur class is support class?...and now u want a big dps like others? gunner on the others way...doesnt have good heal.doesnt have stealth and doesnt have a freaking good familiar...let me ask u this...will u willing to sacrifice those heal stealth and familiar just to have a big dps dmg like gunner?

While gunner does have the alpha call -should i call it support class? Gunner does not need any of heals ,stealth and other stuff -because then it would be even more OP then is now. While a gunner does not need the heal because its dmg is OP ,us ,summoners ,rely on heal/stealth and other abilities in front of our target.While you as gunner won't miss out half of your skills (as as sum while his cat dies)-you won't miss out nothing : simply you can use x -the versio of summoner 's True friends- at no matter of what time -you don't miss your airborne or any other cc skill,and you do have way too much dps .If you put a summoner cat out-then the summoner is dead very soon,without iframes or possibility to defend .Isn't this WAY too much -while you as gunner have already all your cc's ,iframes and tones of dmg to kill a target .How do you see the fairness in this? As a summoner i can face tank with my cat any boss -if i control the cat well ,the boss can't kill it .Ok-so wheres here the fairness when a gunner can wipe my cat in 3 sec -and I mean a curled cat which potentially should avoid damage -well ,my cat is gone in 3 sec because the overall dmg of a gunner can wipe it out like this.If i'm very lucky -i can keep my cat alive in front of a gunner like 3 sec more.You should not have this dmg -at all.In arena ,or 6v6 i should be able to protect my cat ,but hey-this is not possible,no heal can't help it and no stealth or curled or invisibility can keep it up for long .Your dmg output is simple too high and i'm mostly defenslees .And yep-my dmg is so low that oh -i can't one shoot you.My bad yes? I hope the gunner gets the nerf stick and fast .This game needs to be balanced - I don't want to be forced as support class since I haven't started the game as support only .I haven't seen summoners in the higher ranks or in world even.In mid tier and low tier we sort of survive -we aren't everywhere ,not at all.Is not fair that i geared up my char and i can't pass ToI higher floors -but hey -my gunner friends already blew up the records .The game should reward the effort and the time invested into a character and a very new character shouldn't surpass older characters just because the devs deccided to set a new way to sustain the sales in game.Older players will probably not be so happy to go with the flow and play gunner now-because a majority know that ,with opposition or not ,the class will get nerfed sooner or later.When they will see their income goes lower and more players not renewing their sub,or simply leaving -they will nerf the gunner .The game is in a delicate position now,and they see already the gunner means another frustration on the veterans shoulders.And yes,i'd be very happy to give up the heal of the summoner for a bit more damage -comparing to other classes I personally just hate it and I see no reason we had the nerf ,while other classes rising around us as summoners are ridiculosly OP in all the ways.To sustain this ,I'll add below the KR Developer letter : https://bnstree.com/news/BJZHp8SlM/11.24-kr-developer-letter                      Have a good game !

58 minutes ago, Windy said:

While gunner does have the alpha call -should i call it support class? Gunner does not need any of heals ,stealth and other stuff -because then it would be even more OP then is now. While a gunner does not need the heal because its dmg is OP ,us ,summoners ,rely on heal/stealth and other abilities in front of our target.While you as gunner won't miss out half of your skills (as as sum while his cat dies)-you won't miss out nothing : simply you can use x -the versio of summoner 's True friends- at no matter of what time -you don't miss your airborne or any other cc skill,and you do have way too much dps .If you put a summoner cat out-then the summoner is dead very soon,without iframes or possibility to defend .Isn't this WAY too much -while you as gunner have already all your cc's ,iframes and tones of dmg to kill a target .How do you see the fairness in this? As a summoner i can face tank with my cat any boss -if i control the cat well ,the boss can't kill it .Ok-so wheres here the fairness when a gunner can wipe my cat in 3 sec -and I mean a curled cat which potentially should avoid damage -well ,my cat is gone in 3 sec because the overall dmg of a gunner can wipe it out like this.If i'm very lucky -i can keep my cat alive in front of a gunner like 3 sec more.You should not have this dmg -at all.In arena ,or 6v6 i should be able to protect my cat ,but hey-this is not possible,no heal can't help it and no stealth or curled or invisibility can keep it up for long .Your dmg output is simple too high and i'm mostly defenslees .And yep-my dmg is so low that oh -i can't one shoot you.My bad yes? I hope the gunner gets the nerf stick and fast .This game needs to be balanced - I don't want to be forced as support class since I haven't started the game as support only .I haven't seen summoners in the higher ranks or in world even.In mid tier and low tier we sort of survive -we aren't everywhere ,not at all.Is not fair that i geared up my char and i can't pass ToI higher floors -but hey -my gunner friends already blew up the records .The game should reward the effort and the time invested into a character and a very new character shouldn't surpass older characters just because the devs deccided to set a new way to sustain the sales in game.Older players will probably not be so happy to go with the flow and play gunner now-because a majority know that ,with opposition or not ,the class will get nerfed sooner or later.When they will see their income goes lower and more players not renewing their sub,or simply leaving -they will nerf the gunner .The game is in a delicate position now,and they see already the gunner means another frustration on the veterans shoulders.And yes,i'd be very happy to give up the heal of the summoner for a bit more damage -comparing to other classes I personally just hate it and I see no reason we had the nerf ,while other classes rising around us as summoners are ridiculosly OP in all the ways.To sustain this ,I'll add below the KR Developer letter : https://bnstree.com/news/BJZHp8SlM/11.24-kr-developer-letter                      Have a good game !

-every class have one party buff...example wl=the famous sb but doesnt means wl is support class right?

-of course gunner doesnt need all that buff that why they named gunner dps class...which dps class have the heal,stealth and familiar all together in 1 char right?

-u have stealth to run away from enemy when ur cat dies and revive ur cat right? (never play sum so idk how many sec needed for revive)

-as dps class of couse they have way more damage than support class or u want dps class have damage same as support class? that kinda weird

-so u means dps class doesnt deserve all the cc and iframe? its unfair to summoners if dps classs have those? O_o

-ehhhhhhh u want ur cat to be immortal on pvp area too? to tank all the damage like nothing so u can freely dps? that mindset boss and player=same damage output? kinda wrong there o.o

-so u want dps have lower damage output? o.o

-if summoner damage so low like u said...i wonder how others summoner can get in the ranking boards like others person post o.o

-every class will get a nerf...its just a matter of time but i hope they just nerf the damage in pvp area not pve area...who dont like clear the dungeon/raid fast right? o.o

-nobody force you to play support class o.o...if u dont like to play a support class...just play others dps class...bns have a lots others class...plain and simple o.o

-havent seen summoner in high ranking? i suggest u scroll up and see what others person post...that pic already big there o.o

-u cant pass toi higher floor buat others summoner can so i dont think its a class fault tho...and now u wanna nerf just because ur friend gunner pass the higher floor? o.o

-a new char shouldnt surpass older char???? eh???

-older players not happy with the flow? its normal for new class to get a hype everytime they release it...kinda weird if the new release char dont get the hype right? example like when wl get release...

-gunner appearance a frustration on vets shoulder? O_o

-u happy to give up the heal for a damage...i doubt others summoner will

-every class get a nerf for a reason... o.o like how sin and gunner will get a nerf soon tho i would like to see more than this 2 class get nerfed xD

and yeah have a good game ^_^

-

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, Dark Falz said:

I'm willing to bet that was a Hive Queen combat Record.  You can't get 3.2 million dps on a gunner without the dmg buff you get from that boss's mechanics.

Yeah, I suspected the total output must have been affected by a damage modifier buff of some kind, but still, the next highest dps of the group was a little over 500k.  So my point is the same.

Gunner only has its DPS to make its way. 

Summ is not supposed to make damages like Gunner cause it already heals, rez, stealth, tank, shield etc.... You can't have EVERYTHING!

Or give Gunner a broken buff like Warlock and Sin/KFM, Heal and rez ability like Summ and SF, stealth like Summ and Sin, group shield like Summ, FM, Des, BM, BD, Veil like Summ, Sin and FM, Grab like BD and Des etc...

Because actually, all Gunner has is Reset and DPS. You wanna nerf its DPS ? Then give it something to compensate.

you can nerf gunner, but only a little bit. IMO their damage is fine since that and alpha call is the only thing they have going for them. Gunner is already low tier in pvp because of this. They only have 1 escape and hook shot is an i-frame that you can miss and waste very easily. If it weren't for fire's tab into f burst they wouldn't be able to kill anyone.

Won't bother reading all of this post... We get what KR gives us, nothing else. People asking for nerfs is better off getting an account in KR and learn korean to ask for nerfs there. If the korean players doesn't think gunner needs a nerf, they're not getting a nerf. They're not going to seperate the balance patches so that NA/EU is going to have different modifiers, and nerfing gunners while KR is fine with their current state is going to ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off the KR players.

I’ve heard they’ll be nerfed by 5% which isn’t that much so guess what? They’ll still be at the top and @Windy no... Flower shooting class won’t be able to deal more damage than Gunners, even if you’re HM14 with much greater gear, not now not ever so get used to it

On 11/21/2017 at 4:39 AM, Fely said:

Hi, please nerf gunners, their dmg is really unfair against all others class.
Each player can look into F11 where for mushin towers and infinity tower are almost only gunners.

its PVE. Gunner nerf Damage for PVE will take a big blow to gunner since Gunner do not have that many evade skills unlike other classes. All gunner have is the hook and their SS skill and the Hook will not help you evade efficiently as much as the SS skill. Once your SS skill is in cool down you are just a sitting duck. PVP? as i said before once your HOOK are all use up and your SS is in cool down then you're a sitting duck.

On 11/22/2017 at 4:15 AM, Windy said:

Nerf them already.Is not fair that they output so high dps at lower gear comparing to classes that are so low tier dps at higher gear .I worked hard for my gear ,i'm a summoner HM 14 -and a gunner HM 10 with starting gear makes more dps as I do - and even sustains it ,because its shooting time is not same as sunflower and normal summoner rotation /dish time .Gunner can wipe out in arena my curling cat in 3 sec .Can't even stealth or protect my cat because gunner have too much dps output.Nerf this class already ,this is too much,have no pleasure to play against one that can 1 shot you brainless.I have gunner and is simply retarded to play it because skips all mechanics ,just pew pew .When my class wasn't even doing this much dps ,you ,NCsoft ,nefred it 3 patches in row .Is unfair ! Nerf gunner already!

Nerfing a Gunner damage will be like removing your "cat" summon. You must not know how to utilize your Cat because gunner to me for my summoner HM 6 are like sitting duck. Not to mention our skill that render range attack useless and sunflower? Why are you using sunflower in PVP. in PVP i always go with the bees because the Bees out DPS the sunflowers especially when we trigger infinite focus for the Bee skills and you can literally spam the Bee skill like no tomorrow and with your cat knockdown and stun skill and all is a piece of cake.

Gunner DPS is fine its a pure DPS class with only 1 buff that also potion can do other DPS classes brings buffs and debuffs to a party only thing i would love to see give a FM also party wide damage buff with Burn doesn't have to be big. Something like 5% damage and xx AP extra agians bosses. 

Just some random though :)

There some Gunner changes - KR Patch Notes as of 29 November. More Detailed KR Patch Notes / BNSTree Translated

Mystic Badge changes
Effects of some Mystic Badges have been changed.
Effects that are not mentioned indicates no change was done.

Gunslinger
Enigma Mystic Badge
flame Firefall gives the user Enigma effect for 6 sec on hit
Unload (Flame) deals 100% > 250% of Attack Power as additional damage on hit while Enigma effect is active

Revelation Mystic Badge
shadow Moonshine gives the user Revelation effect for 8 sec on hit
shadow Darkshot, shadow Bullet Storm (Shadow) deals 50% > 60% of Attack Power as additional damage while Revelation effect is active

Pulse Mystic Badge
shadow Tombstone (Shadow, Move 1) gives the user Pulse effect for 8 sec on hit
shadow Darkshot, shadow Bullet Storm (Shadow) deals 100% > 120% of Attack Power as additional damage on hit while Pulse effect is active

Aransu Mystic Badge
Blue Flame deals 400% > 360% of Attack Power as Flame damage (flame Quickshot)
Blue Flame deals 600% > 900% of Attack Power as Flame damage (Unload (Flame)
Blue Flame deals 3240% > 3000% of Attack Power as Flame damage (flame Bullet Storm (Flame)

Dynasty Mystic Badge
Shadow Bullet deals 520% > 450% of Attack Power as Shadow damage (shadow Darkshot,Unload)
Shadow Bullet deals 520% > 450% of Attack Power as Shadow damage (shadow Bullet Storm)

Bracelet Changes
Effects of some Bracelets have been changed.
The following are based on Stage 10.

Gunslinger
Tiger Bracelet
Effect duration decreased to 15 sec (from 18 sec)
flame Quickshot deals 370% > 330% of Attack Power as additional damage while Tiger Effect is active
Unload (Flame) deals 700% > 1000% of Attack Power as additional damage while Tiger Effect is active
flame Bullet Storm (Flame) deals 2700% > 2200% of Attack Power as additional damage while Tiger Effect is active
shadow Darkshot deals 280% > 250% of Attack Power as additional damage while Tiger Effect is active
shadow Bullet Storm (Shadow) deals 300% > 270% of Attack Power as additional damage while Tiger Effect is active

Divine Dragon Bracelet
Effect duration decreased to 10 sec (from 12 sec)
flame Quickshot deals 260% > 240% of Attack Power as additional damage while Divine Dragon Effect is active
Unload (Flame) deals 490% > 720% of Attack Power as additional damage while Divine Dragon Effect is active
flame Bullet Storm (Flame) deals 1945% > 1700% of Attack Power as additional damage while Divine Dragon Effect is active
shadow Darkshot deals 195% > 180% of Attack Power as additional damage while Divine Dragon Effect is active
shadow Bullet Storm (Shadow) deals 210% > 195% of Attack Power as additional damage while Divine Dragon Effect is active

Heaven Bracelet
flame Quickshot deals 410% > 370% of Attack Power as additional damage while Heaven Effect is active
Unload (Flame) deals 790% > 1120% of Attack Power as additional damage while Heaven Effect is active
flame Bullet Storm (Flame) deals 2900% > 2450% of Attack Power as additional damage while Heaven Effect is active

Earth Bracelet
shadow Darkshot deals 310% > 280% of Attack Power as additional damage while Earth Effect is active
shadow Bullet Storm (Shadow) deals 330% > 300% of Attack Power as additional damage while Earth Effect is active

Soul Shield Changes
Set effects of some Soul Shield sets have been changed.
Effects that are not mentioned indicates no change was done

Gunslinger
Sharpshooter Soul Shield

3 set
Increases the damage of flame Bullet Storm, shadow Bullet Storm by 30% > 25%
Stormcaller Soul Shield

3 set
Increases the damage of flame Bullet Storm, shadow Bullet Storm by 20% [Removed]
Increases the damage of flame Quickshot, shadow Darkshot by 20% > 40% (it's still 20% in game though....)
8 set
Increases the damage of flame Bullet Storm, shadow Bullet Storm by 60% > 50%
Increases the damage of flame Quickshot, shadow Darkshot by 45% > 40%
Taecheon Soul Shield

3 set
Increases the damage of flame Quickshot, shadow Darkshot by 45% > 20%
Increases the damage of flame Bullet Storm, shadow Bullet Storm by 60% > 20%
Increases the damage of flame Firefall, shadow Moonshine, Sidewinder by 60% 20%

Weapon Changes
Effects of some weapons have been changed.
The following are based on Stage 9.

Gunslinger
Raven Pistols
Unload (Flame) deals 420% > 620% of Attack Power as additional damage
flame Bullet Storm (Flame) deals 1575% > 1500% of Attack Power as additional damage

Aransu Pistols
flame Quickshot deals 360% > 340% of Attack Power as additional damage
Unload (Flame) deals 750% > 1100% of Attack Power as additional damage

Class Changes

Gunslinger
Return Fire affects in a 360 degree area (up from 180 degree)
Moved Upshot to [C]
Requirements for Cannonade changed to "Target defending"
Cannonade breaks defense and inflicts defense disable
Added new requirements for Ricochet "On resist with Backstep"
flame Crossfire base damage decreased to 8.75 (from 10.0)
Unload (Flame) base damage decreased to 11.5 (from 12.5)
Removed additional damage on Unload (Flame) while flame Tombstone (Flame, Move 2) is active
flame Bullet Storm (Flame) deals 2700% > 2500% of Attack Power as additional damage

Note that the following changes are for the test server and are subject to change.
The original patch notes may also not be 100% accurate as it has some of traces of copy/paste and inconsistencies with ingame. Take it with a grain of salt.

Archived