Nerf Gunners [Locked - Bumping]

Fely

"The whiners win again" lul. While I'm also sad that we gunners get nerfed, it was expected. Damage of both fire and shadow were above all others (maybe lightnin sin came close, but thats it). Gunners, no matter the element, will stay one of the top dps in the game.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/26/2017 at 12:00 AM, yly221 said:

its PVE. Gunner nerf Damage for PVE will take a big blow to gunner since Gunner do not have that many evade skills unlike other classes. All gunner have is the hook and their SS skill and the Hook will not help you evade efficiently as much as the SS skill. Once your SS skill is in cool down you are just a sitting duck. PVP? as i said before once your HOOK are all use up and your SS is in cool down then you're a sitting duck.

He mentioned PVE aspects. To be honest, do gunners even need to use evade or iframe skills in TOI or mushin tower? The NPC just die in few seconds.

To be good in 1vs1 PVP, gunners need to play smart and know how to use their E efficiently. In 6vs6, as long as they have good supports (know when to party iframe and doesn't die easily), they can take down whole enemy party.

• 1 month later...

Just a thought, I feel like Gunners are imbalanced in game rite now.

It isn't just their DPS, its the 5 escapes in a row as well as block and immune.

The problem I see isn't their damage as much as their range and escapes.

they have the ability to stay out of reach of melee class while doing exorbitant amounts of damage.

so either allow only one escape every 20 seconds or reduce their range.

this will allow them to keep their DPS for PVE while balancing them in PVP.

please don't attack me its just a thought and besides i don't think En Ce Sof will take my advice anyway.

Look I play a gunner also its my second choice after my main OK so I have nothing against gunners.

However when I first made my gunner I was amazed at how much easier the game felt in PVE compared to my main.

if you want to complain conmplain about all the class not just the Gunners as we all know Sins can stay steath the whole time now is that Fair NO but I dont care because someone is always better then them like your whinnie butt who complains about Gunners maybe you should get one to solve the issue

I have a wl as main and geared with raven stage 6 and soul stage 9 and all accessories( bt ones also) and he does 60k dps on a good ping and 50-55k dps on a bad one, above 150ms

My alt gunner with nothing no accessories and solak soul and only baleful stage 1 does 35k dps to even 40k dps with good ping, below 150ms

If that looks normal for a comparison i do not f understand what normal is .....

just imagine i was told gunners can reach 1mil+ dps( i presumed with sb+bb) when geared..... seriously ...... seriously?

2 minutes ago, MasterYoda said:

I have a wl as main and geared with raven stage 6 and soul stage 9 and all accessories( bt ones also) and he does 60k dps on a good ping and 50-55k dps on a bad one, above 150ms

My alt gunner with nothing no accessories and solak soul and only baleful stage 1 does 35k dps to even 40k dps with good ping, below 150ms

If that looks normal for a comparison i do not f understand what normal is .....

just imagine i was told gunners can reach 1mil+ dps( i presumed with sb+bb) when geared..... seriously ...... seriously?

a fully geared gunner can get over 1 mil burst dps even without blue buff and soulburn. just saying.

24 minutes ago, MasterYoda said:

then you playing warlock really wrong , and that 1 mil dps last only for 10 secondsthen it goes down a lot, and btw kfm, fm , sin can reach 1mil dps too with the endgame gear pretty easy

24 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

a fully geared gunner can get over 1 mil burst dps even without blue buff and soulburn. just saying.

yeah for 6-8 seconds then his dps becomes litelry 200k or less xD good fm still can hold 1mil dps for 30 seconds 

4 hours ago, MasterYoda said:

There is no way you are playing warlock correctly, I see warlocks less geared than you or similar in one way or another doing 100k+

If class = new
AND
if (whiner did not invest in class)/(learn to counter it) yet

Complaining returns.

Whiners...
They don't look at the glaring weaknesses of a class which are held back by the redeeming feature that must be nerfed in their eyes.
They don't stick around to see the results after the nerf.

They got Warlocks nerfed.  
They got SoulFighters nerfed
They're trying so hard for Gunslinger nerf.
Those same whiners are still crying about WL pve, and SF pve with WL in demand for wings, and recently the SF for extra HP because of new bosses murdering the lot of them like cattle.

Lets say baby gets its bottle again and another new class is nerfed per the outcry.
Gunslingers lose Tab and F(unload) completely.
Alpha Call restricted to 10 minutes within a 15m radius
Chains no longer have I-frames but lasso around the opponent for pvp mode.
Skystone chain costs removed.

BnS team will certainly do much worse in terms of nerfing it into the ground.
Like a damage ramp over time while dealing damage.
They'll disguise it as a buff saying Gunslingers can reach 800% damage at max output.
But they'll tack on the nerf behind it of limiting Gunslinger base damage output to 10% of what it is currently to justify the damage output.
This way no one wins.

This is the nerf you're requesting. (Not what you like but is what will happen)

Cheers

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, sojaa said:

Have fun enjoy the 6v6 content vs fire gunner. You guys know its broken thats why you defend it.Its even worse with a TD and Alpha call duo.  

Not saying that gunslinger is or isn't broken but, you do realize that 6v6 is all about gear/is P2W right? Coupled that with the fact that Nodah is literally end-end-endgame (his average DPS is in the millions), you can't really use the video/him as a reason as to why gunslinger is "broken" without any other kind of reason as to why gunslinger is "broken" (and why argue about it even after the nerf/skill change/bring up an semi-old post?).

19 minutes ago, sojaa said:

Have fun enjoy the 6v6 content vs fire gunner. You guys know its broken thats why you defend it.Its even worse with a TD and Alpha call duo.  

Holy NECRO! I also like how your only two post is complaints about something that the devs have already rolled out changes for and some of those changes are already live. Makes me wonder if you even play the game :HongWhat:

This was relevant to the post months ago in January. Gear is gear. Its always upgrade-able until end game . They have only made small changes too gunslinger. Imagine if all classes had gunslingers mobility/skill resets. What if a Blade Dancer could reset skills and just spam chain lightning with lightning strike.  Would you like it if they did?  It is still broken and yes I happen to enjoy the game so I don't have much to complain about lol. No offence to gunners broke 6v6.

Skystone <Q> x1
Whipline <E> x5
Backstep <SS> x1
Deadlock <X> x1

x2 with Alpha call. 

Just give wl back soul burn skill reset if that is going to be allowed.

8 minutes ago, sojaa said:

This was relevant to the post months ago in January. Gear is gear. Its always upgrade-able until end game . They have only made small changes too gunslinger. Imagine if all classes had gunslingers mobility/skill resets. What if a Blade Dancer could reset skills and just spam chain lightning with lightning strike.  Would you like it if they did?  It is still broken and yes I happen to enjoy the game so I don't have much to complain about lol. No offence to gunners broke 6v6.

Skystone <Q> x1
Whipline <E> x5
Backstep <SS> x1
Deadlock <X> x1

x2 with Alpha call. 

Just give wl back soul burn skill reset if that is going to be allowed.

You do realize that:

1. Alpha Call works on only specific skills right? It doesn't reset all skills.

2. Alpha Call resets none of gunslinger's skills, right?

3. Each class has their own unique skills.. Just because a Gunslinger can reset other classes' certain skills, doesn't mean other classes should have the same skill/be able to do the same. It's called individuality and is what makes each class unique.

But, all of that aside, yes, like you said, your post is relevant months ago, pre-patch.

I do understand that it should be a unique class. It was broken with its damage then and I can deal with damage output now ( I proved that in set video )that was directed at the people in Jan. Mobility is the only issue combined with its i frames. I cant stress that the mobility is the biggest factor at the moment (not even the i frames I'm OK with that too). Whipline in my opinion needs to be put in check. At least in 6v6. Mobility is a factor for all classes.  If you have to Move to get to objectives like in Nova Core or Beluga Lagoon mobility is key. Killing people helps but it is not the objective. It becomes a Race Car vs a Model T. We all know how slow battle stance makes you.  Whipline nullifies battle stance hindrance in a sense.  Id like it if i could put away my weapon and run even lol.

Bad huh? That was pre patch guy. Skill is one thing. I am sure Nodah would agree with me when I say that was relativity easy. That was an example of high dmg output combined with high mobility and end game gear ( with a broken skill at the time hence why it was nerfed).  

1 hour ago, sojaa said:

Bad huh? That was pre patch guy. Skill is one thing. I am sure Nodah would agree with me when I say that was relativity easy. That was an example of high dmg output combined with high mobility and end game gear ( with a broken skill at the time hence why it was nerfed).  

"ironic"

adjective

using words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning; containing or exemplifying irony

2 hours ago, sojaa said:

Haha, this alone, makes me realize that you don't know what is going on in the video, nor how gunslingers were meant to be played.

1. The video is post-patch. The video is not on NA/EU, etc. Servers, but rather KR server. KR servers received their patch on the 13th of December 2017 (video was posted after that).

So no, it is "post-patch".

2. As for high mobility being the main issue for you, if you place a gunslinger (let's call it player A) with no gear and any other classes currently available (let's call it player

B) up on the firing line and let some other class (let's call it player C) attack player A and B, player A will be the first one to die. Gunslingers are hella squishy and needs it's mobility to survive. If used correctly, it can be "OP", just like any other class. If you gave any other class the kind of gear that Nodah is running as well as his skills, you will definitely see similar results.

I won't even comment on the "bad huh?" because Arohk seems to have done that for you.

Once again I get stuck in battle stance I cannot roll whipline to an objective like a gunner class. Nor can any other class. So tell me this bud in battleground ( Nova Core and Beluga lagoon)  should that class be able to whipline (while weapon is out)up to 5 times to make it to a whale or a switch faster then all classes in the game? ANY class can be squishy lol so that is not an excuse. If you play blade and soul you know you can put a primer in your souls shield with def and crit def to make them less squishy. Instead you lean more piercing which in turn makes you squishy but amps damage. Do you guys play gunslingers and are they your mains for battlegrounds? Its relatively easy to burst the class once you get a hold of them. its just stupid in nova core and lagoon they can whipeline past a whole group and flip a switch. Might just want to switch this game to a ranged class style pvp. We should just give BM 5 soaring falcons. BD 5 lightning strikes . Warlocks 5 Time distortions. KFM 5 tremors so on and so forth.  

42 minutes ago, sojaa said:

Once again I get stuck in battle stance I cannot roll whipline to an objective like a gunner class. Nor can any other class. So tell me this bud in battleground ( Nova Core and Beluga lagoon)  should that class be able to whipline (while weapon is out)up to 5 times to make it to a whale or a switch faster then all classes in the game? ANY class can be squishy lol so that is not an excuse. If you play blade and soul you know you can put a primer in your souls shield with def and crit def to make them less squishy. Instead you lean more piercing which in turn makes you squishy but amps damage. Do you guys play gunslingers and are they your mains for battlegrounds? Its relatively easy to burst the class once you get a hold of them. its just stupid in nova core and lagoon they can whipeline past a whole group and flip a switch. Might just want to switch this game to a ranged class style pvp. We should just give BM 5 soaring falcons. BD 5 lightning strikes . Warlocks 5 Time distortions. KFM 5 tremors so on and so forth.  

You can't really just pick out one skill and compare that to that of other classes, you have to see what the CDs of the skills are, etc. nor can you use a mobility skill and compare it to skills from other classes that are not mobility. Gunslinger's whipline requires hook shot, which in turn has a 12 second CD to generate 2 hook shots (or rather a 6 second CD for 1 use of whipline), whereas, if you take for example, BM's mobility skill Rush, that in itself has only a 6 second CD, or say KFM's mobility skill Flying Slam, which also has a 6 second CD. You have to make those kind of comparisons, along with what/how each class is meant to be played, some classes will lack mobility but make up for it in other areas like iFrames, or health regen, some classes will have mobility but lack iFrames, something else, etc.

You can't simply say that just because gunslinger has x and x, that every other class should have it.

If you are using that as your argument, why not give gunslinger a skill similar to WL's Soulburn or KFM's Searing Palm. There is a reason as to why gunslingers doesn't have that type of buff but instead, have Alpha Call - you have to compare similar skills with other similar skills, not just take what you consider to be the issue/problem with each class and compare it to that, as everyone's opinion as to what is wrong and right, what is OP and not OP is different.

Do you see my point? I'm not saying that you're wrong or that you're right, I'm pointing the flaws in your argument. 

But, all of that aside, I use to main gunslinger for a few months, so yes, I do know how to play the class. I however, do not play Battlegrounds. If you're talking about Battlegrounds, then your argument is even more invalid than if it was just focusing on the class skills alone, as Battlegrounds solely rely on gear. With the right gear, you can burst down any class.

There is a reason why there are certain classes that are better for Battlegrounds than others, but that is a whole different kind of bag of worms.

Archived