Sign in to follow this  
Kozuki

Launch-up and Restraint Attack - Move them to Space Bar

Kozuki   

I keep seeing Launch-up Attack by accident screws up people's rotation. A lot of classes have DPS reduction cuz they cannot attack airborne enemies. Even ranged classes like FM in Soulburn, Earth Summoner and Fire Gunner during their Tombstone buff deals no damage on airborne targets.

About restraint, it is pretty much a DPS loss for high-geared players. I doubt that they will would become more useful even with the restraint bonus from MSP, BT, VT 5-set.

Restraint skills also occupy a button, and from what I saw in the past, the restraint button has been moved several times across classes, such as FM from button 3 to F, Summoner from F to 1. No matter where the restraint skill moves to, it is always inconvenient when players need the specific skill that is occupied by the restraint skills.

So I suggest to move both skills to Space Bar.

Reasons:

-You only use Space Bar to jump, or do a Joint CC if you have that option checked. Your space bar has basically no function aside from jumping around like an idiot or to avoid certain attacks, which will never happen when a boss is CCed. And you don't jump around a CCed target.

-It is more unanimous among classes to have the same button that serves the same function. You don't have to remember that SF has 4 to air-launch, LMB for restraint attack, or Summoner has V for air-launch, and 1 for restraint attack, for example.

-It frees up the button that the current restraint skills are occupying. A Summoner with 8 VT set would much prefer have their Weed Whack off-cooldown instead of the lame Moonlight.

-Warlock's air-launch should be an exception, cuz they have many skills that lead to air-launch, which is part of their pvp combo.

Edited by Kozuki

Spiferry   

My BD has 8 set VT, and when someone restraints for me, my dps go way up and has higher dps that my ani-cancel. I think only bd and gunner has it right now so other classes wouldn't really know

FrozenB   

Why space bar? You don't use space bar as much doesn't necessary mean other people don't use their space bar?

Also, you can always change your key for your skills. It is a team game. If they launch people up, then just stop dps for couple seconds? If couple seconds really matters to you and will cause the boss to enrage, I think the party overall DPS has problems. I don't understand why people want to be top DPS in party because um...do they get extra rewards? LOL...

Um.. VT?  How the hell are you supposed to jump over the bee's bombs if your spacebar is mapped to hook-kick or whatever?  I do agree though, aerials should be able to be mapped to a different / unique key.  My keyboard has no shortage of unmapped keys to choose from XD