Sign in to follow this  
Grimstar

Hongmoon Skills -> The PvE way

Grimstar   

I've always wondered why hongmoon skills arent locked behind some kind of achievement, like legendary accs, for example doing a dungeon x times gives u this skill, or by simply playing everyday so u can buy them with solar energy, like u can buy soul badges these days.

1 Year ago, when the dungeons that drop the chapters for the hongmoon skills were kinda endgame, and people did those dungeon it was still a stupid way to gain them but it was doable.

But having to do awk necropolis/yeti/nexus for these, is just a pain in the a** and a waste of time. Volume 2 & 3, chapters 2, arent even sold in marketplace anymore. 

I hate PvP and i'm looking for a way to get hongmoon secret technique volume 2, is there any way to gain them besides running these low level dungeons or doing PvP?

I'll be honest. I've been doing the dungeons that drop HM book chapters and I haven't seen one for over a month not. And I'm doing them with 3 characters every day, some days with 5. And even if you see one, you'll end up paying full price for it, since people want to sell that in the broker. The only good way to get skills is PvP imo. Haven't seen an alternative yet.

newbiez   

doing pvp ugh...in 6v6 getting 1 shot by those whales...need to be lucky in 6v6 since its need teamwork to win...if u got a bad team...waste of time...i hope they make a dungeon that can be solo for this hm skill books...i even saw those higher up hm lvl w/o hm skills nowadays...when asked the reason always the same...no luck in grinding hm skill book or the hm skill book too expensive

FrozenB   
4 hours ago, newbiez said:

doing pvp ugh...in 6v6 getting 1 shot by those whales...need to be lucky in 6v6 since its need teamwork to win...if u got a bad team...waste of time...i hope they make a dungeon that can be solo for this hm skill books...i even saw those higher up hm lvl w/o hm skills nowadays...when asked the reason always the same...no luck in grinding hm skill book or the hm skill book too expensive

Why 6vs6? You can't get them in arena using zean bean?

7 hours ago, Rea Shinwa said:

I am one of those higher HM levels without several HM skills. I hate pvp. 

'Hate' is too weak a word.

Agreed- I despise PvP and really am bothered by the PvP gate for skills and mats.  Luckily I leveled my main before this got cucked into oblivion... but my alts are starving for HM skills.  Duelists bundle is probably the best alternative rn, but limited to just a couple of transactions.

NCSoft/West really needs to address HM skills and moonstones.  While I understand their desire to reward PvP players, it's clear that PvP just is not that popular a game mode in the West, and too many players are being left with no alternatives, where there used to be plenty.

Beleth   

Skills might be somehow understandable but why the hell crafting certain amount of items are behind PvP wall?! Who was that genius that thought it would be a good idea to put their precious pvp into crafting? And it’s not even 1vs1 it’s the whalefest battleground. God, sometimes their “bright” ideas drive me crazy. 

newbiez   
On 11/20/2017 at 6:35 AM, FrozenB said:

Why 6vs6? You can't get them in arena using zean bean?

6vs6 happy hour can get more points if im not mistaken...even tho if lose in 6vs6 still get lots of points than winning in arena...while in arena if lose just get 20+ if im not mistaken while winning just get 200....

don' want to pvp, dont want to pve, $20 gets you most of your HM skills from BG trader.  you'll have to do pvp for the royal zen bean, but other than that i got all my HM skills except one(royal zen bean one), with the duelist bundle(except for the HM pellet, that was a guild craft)

FrozenB   
12 hours ago, newbiez said:

6vs6 happy hour can get more points if im not mistaken...even tho if lose in 6vs6 still get lots of points than winning in arena...while in arena if lose just get 20+ if im not mistaken while winning just get 200....

It depends on your tier in arena. If you are in bronze rank, yes, you get 200 for winning. If you are in low silver rank, you get like 300 something. If you are high silver rank, you get like 400. If you are low golds rank, you get like 500-600.

In 6vs6 happy hour, it depends on your team. If your team has 0 points throughout the match, you get 0 points even though you contribute it. If your team has less than 500 scores, you get like 100-200 BP. If your team win, you get anywhere from 400-700 depending on your contribution, team score difference, and your overall rank. Higher rank = more points. If you are lucky enough that if someone from your team DC before the match is over and it happens that your team won the match, your rest of the team will share his/her BP. You can get up to 1300 BP in this way.

1vs1 in arena is a lot faster and most importantly, it is gear equalized. So, your low gear won't affect anyone or any other low gear players won't affect you. It is purely based on your skills and 1vs1 has fast turn-around time. As I remember, it costs less to buy the HM skills item with zean beans than battleground points.

newbiez   
56 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

It depends on your tier in arena. If you are in bronze rank, yes, you get 200 for winning. If you are in low silver rank, you get like 300 something. If you are high silver rank, you get like 400. If you are low golds rank, you get like 500-600.

In 6vs6 happy hour, it depends on your team. If your team has 0 points throughout the match, you get 0 points even though you contribute it. If your team has less than 500 scores, you get like 100-200 BP. If your team win, you get anywhere from 400-700 depending on your contribution, team score difference, and your overall rank. Higher rank = more points. If you are lucky enough that if someone from your team DC before the match is over and it happens that your team won the match, your rest of the team will share his/her BP. You can get up to 1300 BP in this way.

1vs1 in arena is a lot faster and most importantly, it is gear equalized. So, your low gear won't affect anyone or any other low gear players won't affect you. It is purely based on your skills and 1vs1 has fast turn-around time. As I remember, it costs less to buy the HM skills item with zean beans than battleground points.

owh i thought its 200 per win fixed...yea 1vs1 is a lot faster but too bad im just another high ping players so yeah 1vs1 is not for me tho...

FrozenB   
2 hours ago, newbiez said:

owh i thought its 200 per win fixed...yea 1vs1 is a lot faster but too bad im just another high ping players so yeah 1vs1 is not for me tho...

Oh, high ping players...then, basically you are asking to be carried in 6vs6? If you can't even 1vs1, then how can you be useful in 6vs6?

newbiez   
3 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Oh, high ping players...then, basically you are asking to be carried in 6vs6? If you can't even 1vs1, then how can you be useful in 6vs6?

carried? nah that term for those lazy ppl that afk in 6vs6 despite having a good gear...6vs6 is more to teamwork...even tho i have a flaw in this game aka high ping i dont like ppl carry me for it...im not a baby that need a babysitter to play this game...but as a high ping player im still can help my teammate killing the enemy so yeah...and im a wl pretty much can help my teammate for buff aka sb...if helping a teammate killing the enemy and help them with buff still not useful enough as high ping players in 6vs6...well i dont know what to say then...to satistfy those low ping pvp players...that why im prefer the pve way so those low ping pvp players doesnt need/think to *carry* a non useful high ping players like me...i hope bns give more option to pve way to get hm skills...

Zagaroth   

high ping players = to be carried in 6vs6?? what a mindset

we assume high ping player is 200-300ms

6v6 i think is all about gear and teamwork

i have experience several times WIN with only 500point or so while enemy 1500point because of what??

we extended 3 horn, some sin hm8 stole the horn and stealth

in Whirlwind i have experience some whale late comer(its ego), this whale just afk in base, after 500point lost this whale guy finaly coming to battlefield and become consentive(i forget the name) kill, but guess what? some of our teammate DC, and the result battle 1730/1800 and then the whale become insult the other ppl gear bla bla, noob blaa2, retard blaa22 etc blaa2

some whale just want defend Brazier alone/solo, and guess what?? no one coming to whale because enemy avoid the whale xD

in Whirlwind , u just maitenance 2 Brazier and u will win

RavTH   

it's not the skills or gear but the skill itself to pvp u.u y knowing ur class kek
but 6v6 is no pvp, it's simply pve cuz gear > pvpskill sadly.