Installing and patching into alternative directory(Solved)

Rockout

I found an archived post that fixed my problem with installing into a different directory, and just found out how to patch into the different directory as well. Here's the info!

" If you're like me your SSD is near full. Changing the location of the download directory on the NC launcher does not work. If you want to change the location to another HD then this is for you. It is also for you if you changed the location of your game install and find that you have to re-download everything on your primary drive, jump to step 7 directly.

If this is in the wrong section, SORRY!

Here is the fix. ( Windows 7 and 10 ) 

Step1- Run the NC launcher for the first time. Make sure the launcher updates to about 100 to 200mb.  The install location/folder of your BNS and NClauncher files should be in C:\Program Files (x86)  if you're running a 64bit OS and C:\Program Files if you're running 32 bit. The names of the folder are called NCSOFT(BNS) and NCwest (Launcher) 

Step 2- Copy the folders labeled NCSOFT(BNS) and NCwest (Launcher) from your C:/ drive to the hard drive you want. In my case I copied it from C:/ to F://

Step 3-  ( We need to modify the registry information for the launcher and the BNS folder)  If you are running a 64 bit OS your registry editory is located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 if you are using a 32 bit OS then you are going to the folder called C:\ Windows. In both cases you are looking for something with the name "regedit". The icon looks like a blue ice cube with smaller ice cubes. ONCE YOU LOCATE IT RIGHT CLICK AND RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Step 4-  Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then expand it. Expand the folder called SOFTWARE and then expand the folder called NCwest. Inside the folder you will see two folder. One folder labeled BnS_CBT and the other NCLauncher. Click the folder labeled first BnS_CBT first and move on to step 5.

Step5- (BnS_CBT)-  Once you have clicked the folder on the right the regedit application you will see three columns named  Name| Type and Data.  In the name column look for "BaseDir", double click on it and it will give you the option of changing your value data. In here you put in the location of the BnS folder that you moved to the other Hard Drive. In my case I changed the value data from C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS CBT to F:\NCSOFT\BnS CBT.   Once you have changed the location in "Value data" click "OK". Move to step 6.

Step 6- ( NCLauncher) - In the regedit application, beneath the (BnS_CBT) folder there is another folder called (NCLauncher). Like step 5, double click on "BaseDir", change the value data to the  location of the launcher folder in the new hard drive. In my case I moved mine from C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncherto  F:\NCWest\NCLauncher. So my Value data was F:\NCWest\NCLauncher. Click "OK" and close regedit.

STEP 7- FINAL STEP. Locate the Blade and Soul CBT ICON on your desktop. Right click on it and choose properties. Then in the the field that says "Start in" replace the directory with the location of the the NClauncher folder from the new hard drive.  In my case I changed it from  C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher to  F:\NCWest\NCLauncher. Click Apply and OK, then close the window and launch Blade and Souls from the Icon Shortcut you just modified. If you did everything right, then it will start downloading ."
//Credit to Master Sook

To solve the patching solution, go to the launcher's config file(C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.ini) and change "InstallFilePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\Download"

This issue, unresolved at the time, was the reason I did not play BnS when it first came to NA. Some great coding, NCSoft!

• 2 months later...

Archived