Still asking

Alkaa

Now ... I've played this game from the very start... since CBT .

I've quit shortly after the WL came out.

Back in the day .. me and some friends found something strange in Fleet Supply Chain ... back when people started to lag out or have problems with the pc.

I can't remember if I posted this back in 2016 or not .. but here it is again..  and I went and checked back today 18.11.2017 to see if it got deleted or not... and to my surprise.. it's still there.

Can someone pls .. tell me.. WHAT THIS IS !?

P.S   it spins at high speed... and it has no real value ot be here... no point to stay there... it's behind some buildings and it's just spinning .. at a fast speed.

This is 2016

JH0Rr0E.jpg

This is 2017

vkrcWT0.jpg

XiV7j3b.jpg

If someone knows.. pls.. tells us all... are there any more of these things hidden around the map ? making our pc's run mad ?

Given the map that you found this in, I was wondering if it was an asset, full or partial, used for the huge whirlpool in Shattered Masts. In SM, that huge gap that you have to fly over to get to the Cobalt/Scarlet boss fight - in that part, you'll see a whirlpool in the distance, on your left, if you're approaching the boss room. This is the same area in the story, between the Nightshade Harbor and East Whatchamacallit Supply Chain and Shattered Masts. I figured it shows in this older map as a placeholder or something, either for a future event or one that was planned and then abandoned at some point. A LOT of the older areas on the world map are just unused, abandoned real estate now. Unless you're doing quests there for the first time, those areas have little to no traffic most times of the day. I mean, when's the last time any endgame/existing players have had to go kill Lycan, The Mighty or whatever...? I wish they'd give new, practical reasons for revisiting older areas, dungeons, etc.. Otherwise, our game files could stand to become a LOT smaller, if we didn't keep them in future updates.

It's what the game uses for the teleporting effect when using a dragon pulse. It puts your character against that spinning oval and faces the camera at it so it looks like you are in a time-warp-like tunnel. You can see them in many instances if you look hard enough. An easy example is in Desolate Tomb. In the room where you have to jump up to the top to open the portal to boss 2, backstep (ss) into the wall on the left, and below you will be a red spinning portal like this.

Archived