Forums

EU Server: Serious lag issues on evenings

Rysa

As some mention here, then how come this happens after AWS(baffled, what was the reason to move here if overwall was already good before. Then make it much better then before then, if u intend to "move and improve stuff even better" not opposite effect)? You cant really fully blame that it should be on people ISP side, even if some didnt get effect as much. People who already played took their time or even money to play the game when it was good before. Now effected negativly on gameplay exp. And remember what they said about game before release to NA/EU. That ping and MS is very important factor. And that still upholds true today.

People shouldnt feel that they lose out any those great game experience like before this happened cant be coicedent when many are also effected. Thats why they need to work on this issue.

It still came down to that after migrating to amazon server alot of people got effected by this. And if it worked fine before that...then something must be wrong when ncsoft shifted to these new server and people suddenly notice higher ping than usuall and effect fps drop/stutter too. These migration lead to effect other ISP(while they always fix with no issue before migration(again to amazon). How you twist and turn even if it wasnt intentional for ncsoft to effect other people isp when migration happened after. But it still did and before migration server was stable for these people got effect. So in the end it is ofcourse on ncsoft side. And they should ofcourse work hard to fix this. Also part of this been hearing there was ddos mitegation ongoing that also partly factor but hopeflly they fixed this. 

Another related issue about ncsoft game is mxm seems to closing(more can be read about at their site) which was shame. But least now that they might free up some of server there and make good use of them to bns instead. To optimize connection for all who got effected by this latest migration. It kinda feels bad enough already 1st migration to 1 big server like Jinsoyun just to make it easier to team up with players...well it was good and wasnt so much issue then. Now they moved it again to  AWS and then created big issue like people have higher ms than usuall. Ncsoft you need to get your act together Dec 6 with chrsmas holidays nearing soon and new patch to come. There no doubt this popular game will be crowded and very enough to have player base for raids etc. But it also very important factor to keep your servers fast and smooth. Not sluggish like people point out here. And some of most simpliest thing like fix some stuff in client or xingcode issue people get when starting up game or so. Is also good factor to consider.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here. Before migration during peak hours I wasn't ever going over 120ms. Now it reaches new heights i've never dreamed to see before (350ms+).
Best part? It's getting worse and worse. And the support is mocking me with automatic replies about scans and ISP.

French thread can be found here 

for those who care.

NCSoft, please acknowledge that this is NOT an isolated issue.

9 minutes ago, SayhaSeer said:

After they moved to AWS, My MS reduced greatly, I Don't have the issue you guys having any time of the day, Didn't had before, don't have after. shouldn't it affect everyone if it's server sided? 

Exactly. Which is why I said that IT IS YOUR ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ING ISP. If it's the server, everyone should experience the same issues. But these people here don't want to listen to common sense.

It is the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing ROUTE from your HOME to the SERVER. Your ISP DETERMINES the ROUTE. Not AWS. Not NCSoft. YOUR ISP.

I noticed it today too im in Arena atm and all players are desynching SOOO much its not funny its feels like cheating one player get lags the other get insane low ping some matches my ping is 110 and then i had one it dropped to 50ms and I was like holy shit my 2rf got so fast whats going on winning or loseing  like this is rly annoying the win is boring and the lose is tilting pls fix your servers if you dont wanna lose more players again many of my friends considering leaving bns with a unstable ping it makes the game performance suffer so much I endured it long enough but i guess I have to quit this game soon too even if I would love to play it but pvp with this latency is impossible to play 

After doing some research, i don't think it's the ISP's fault or the servers fault completely. The probable reason why some people are unaffected and some people suffer greatly might be in your country's internet infrastructure, created, maintained and upgraded by the government of that country. Majority of the countries in Europe doesn't have that wonderful infrastructure in every single area, which makes these countries very susceptible to any ping related problems. I'm not saying this is the only reason, but it is part of it. Countries that have a very good infrastructure, for example Sweden, won't that easily be affected by random ping related problems. I'm not saying your problems with ping disappears with good infrastructure though, the effects are just minimized well enough for you to not notice always.

Things that affect your ping in BnS: Your connection speed, Your routing created by your ISP, Internet infrastructure of your country(more specifically your general location), distance from the server, server quality and your PC's processing speed to some extend(yes this also can affect it as well as how it affects FPS).

1 hour ago, Amarathiel said:

After doing some research, i don't think it's the ISP's fault or the servers fault completely. The probable reason why some people are unaffected and some people suffer greatly might be in your country's internet infrastructure, created, maintained and upgraded by the government of that country. Majority of the countries in Europe doesn't have that wonderful infrastructure in every single area, which makes these countries very susceptible to any ping related problems. I'm not saying this is the only reason, but it is part of it. Countries that have a very good infrastructure, for example Sweden, won't that easily be affected by random ping related problems. I'm not saying your problems with ping disappears with good infrastructure though, the effects are just minimized well enough for you to not notice always.

Things that affect your ping in BnS: Your connection speed, Your routing created by your ISP, Internet infrastructure of your country(more specifically your general location), distance from the server, server quality and your PC's processing speed to some extend(yes this also can affect it as well as how it affects FPS).

Then why and how do you explain that we had better ping PRIOR to the AWS migration and that our "bad infrastructures" allow us to still get normal ping in all other games ?

I mean we're not talking about third world countries here for hell's sake. Some people didn't see a change, I say good for them.

But for those of us who on top of paying premium and cashing in the game get royally capped in the rear because they can't play like they used to PRIOR an update, THAT makes us pretty furious.

3 hours ago, amokk said:

Exactly. Which is why I said that IT IS YOUR ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ING ISP. If it's the server, everyone should experience the same issues. But these people here don't want to listen to common sense.

It is the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing ROUTE from your HOME to the SERVER. Your ISP DETERMINES the ROUTE. Not AWS. Not NCSoft. YOUR ISP.

If it was from our ISP then why are there so many different ISPs with the exact same issue ?

Just on the French side we're already at 3 different ISPs with various locations, some even have fiber yet still get outrageous ping.

Out of all my clan only 2 out of 20 i asked don't get lag spikes in the evening.

Two from Belgium get them too.

And this thread with all its replies proves this isn't an isolated COUNTRY/ISP/HOME/ROUTER issue like you and the ncsoft support are so convinced off of.

Just because YOU yourself don't have the issue doesn't mean you get to throw some unwanted cuss words at those who do and treat them like they're uncultured idiots.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Heldegas said:

Then why and how do you explain that we had better ping PRIOR to the AWS migration and that our "bad infrastructures" allow us to still get normal ping in all other games ?

Just because YOU yourself don't have the issue doesn't mean you get to throw some unwanted cuss words at those who do and treat them like they're uncultured idiots.

Thank you.

Simple. Let me explain this to you. I hope you finally understand it.

If it's a server issue on NCs side, EVERYONE would have the SAME problem. This is _____NOT_____ the case. 

As to the question why so many people have this problem.. This is probably because alot of you share the same provider or your providers share the same ROUTES or get redirected to the same NODES. Your ISP has contracts with first level carriers (Telia,Level3 etc) and routes you through their servers. ROUTES do not work like electricity. They don't follow the shortest route. They take the route that was configured - and you probably had a different route prior to AWS.

On a few occasions, I also had problems with BnS Servers. But this was 99% my ISP fault. How I know? I asked in faction chat - everyone with the same provider had problems or I tracked the route and saw that a server from my ISP was ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed.

And excuse my language, but some people are just that dense and lack common knowledge which can get pretty frustrating. 

Also, most in my clan have no issues at all. Doesnt matter what time. We all live close to the servers, which means we have less hops to Bns-Server and therefore a lower chance for hiccups on the way. 

2 hours ago, Heldegas said:

I mean we're not talking about third world countries here for hell's sake. Some people didn't see a change, I say good for them.

But for those of us who on top of paying premium and cashing in the game get royally capped in the rear because they can't play like they used to PRIOR an update, THAT makes us pretty furious.

If it was from our ISP then why are there so many different ISPs with the exact same issue ?

Just on the French side we're already at 3 different ISPs with various locations, some even have fiber yet still get outrageous ping.

Out of all my clan only 2 out of 20 i asked don't get lag spikes in the evening.

Two from Belgium get them too.

And this thread with all its replies proves this isn't an isolated COUNTRY/ISP/HOME/ROUTER issue like you and the ncsoft support are so convinced off of.

Thank you.

That is because you cannot compare another game such as Overwatch or LoL to BnS. In any moba game or fps game you have better ping simply because the server has 100 times less stuff and less players to process. Let's say a game server in Battlefield which holds maximum of 60 players, server only needs to take care of that 60 players + the game logic where in BnS, the server takes care of 500k+ players if everyone happens to be online at the same time. On top of that BnS server takes care of many more other functions that are too numerious to mention. See the difference? It's different if you compare another mmo game with BnS as they work similary but even so BnS is made with an engine that makes connections be bad.

Did some tests, I'd like to share them with you all to prove my point.

1.MS quality for various locations

https://imgur.com/c80V2ry

2. More MS tests

https://imgur.com/haZQshl

https://imgur.com/zS1lvWO

3. My download and upload speed

https://imgur.com/8duhCkz

4. My latency and jitter 

https://imgur.com/zRl6Uj5

5. Where am I located?

https://imgur.com/XWVNjuu

Now for a quick session of True Facts!

Before the server move, my stats which are above were the same in-game, ms between 20 to maximum 50 during BT rai

After the server move my stats go to 210-300.

My ms in 1v1 or 3v3, does the following: sometimes at 40ms .. sometimes at 110ms... sometimes at 200+ (during High peak times, evenings)

Why do I play during evenings you might ask?

Well! isn't it obvious? Some people do work for a living, we got jobs, we got a boyfriend too (lucky me)! `he he he ~

No, but seriously, is it normal or abnormal?

I would agree is the 2nd. Sure, ISP and routing and all other tech wise geniuses can argue all they want. Some do not have this issue, but some people here argue that an issue isn't an issue because not everyone, not 100% of the players are affected, so it cannot be real?

So, if more than 10% or 20% or 40%  or maybe 70% (we're not sure about the exact number yet, we haven't done a study on who is affected, we only have a few pages worth of replies on this thread) are affected than how is that not an issue?

Is it not a server wide issue?

Good! I would hope so.

Is it a more localized, specific targeting issue?

Seems so, for the most part.

Should NCSoft ignore it just because some experienced it and some didn't?

A company will not survive if a considerable percentage of its customer base is affected by an issue, that company must accommodate and resolve the issue to ensure future growth and stability of its business model.

Look, fellow readers who agree with me: 

I urge you to further bring your friends, clan members, etc, onto the forums and have them reply to this thread, think of it as a petition of sorts, where we show who's affected.

Look, fellow readers who do NOT agree with me:

I urge you to understand that if your immune to the current issue, then do so with maturity and respect, let those who are affected plead their cases, be heard (sure, they do need to send a ticket to support, but this is also another way to ensure community visibility).

Regards,

Your friendly neighborhood BM,

Takemikazuchi

amokk, amokk, amokk, we are friend don't we ?

Please stop that, stop act like you are an idiot, i know you are not.

If it's a server issue on NCs side, EVERYONE would have the SAME problem. This is _____NOT_____ the case.

Serious ? if it was that simple no need you to say that, a LONG LONG LONG time ago some staff member support, moderator or administrator will already say this.

No need you, do you know ? that people are faster and smarter than you. But they don't ! why ? Because this is not that simple, this is not the case.

I don't know what you are stud at school but i will give you a simple explanation, maybe you will understand (yes i still think you are clever).

It' like a plastic Bag, put some water in and pierce 10 holes,

-if the amount of water is enough, the debit of water that throw out of the 10 holes will be the same

-if the amount of water is not enough then the debit, the amount of water that the 10 holes will throw out will be different.

Now imagine we are the holes, what do we need to do to get the same amount of water that throw out the 10 holes ?

There is a simple solution about this problem, PUT MORE water ! that mean, upgrade server, put more MONEY.

That why some are not afffected about the server change, and some other are.

The problem is simple, the solution is simple too. But why is that difficult to do ? because is a question of MONEY.

For sure there are looking at a solution like change the form of the bag and others dumb things ...

Upgrade and spend more money please ... 

Old players that spend alot of money and time will try to stay, but new will run far away and fast, for your sake, .... spend more money in order to gain more xD

This is what we call simple.

People having problem need to post the city they are from and the ISP they use. This helps to identify if it's an ISP issue and if it's the route issue.

If the majority of people who are experiencing the problem are from the same area and uses the same ISP, then at least you can assume it's the routing.

I play BnS every day and Ive noticed lag spikes as well. They started occurring since recent server upgrade. Its not the most pleasant thing when you aim to be reliable support and team mate :)

My ping knows to go as far as 5k ms, but usually stays around 300-500 ms during lag. Otherwise its 80-130 ms.

Im certain lag is not fun to anyone, especially when people do PvP. To me this looks server trace route problem caused by location? In any way, I hope this gets fixed in near future :)

12 hours ago, Mon noM said:

amokk, amokk, amokk, we are friend don't we ?

Please stop that, stop act like you are an idiot, i know you are not.

Serious ? if it was that simple no need you to say that, a LONG LONG LONG time ago some staff member support, moderator or administrator will already say this.

No need you, do you know ? that people are faster and smarter than you. But they don't ! why ? Because this is not that simple, this is not the case.

I don't know what you are stud at school but i will give you a simple explanation, maybe you will understand (yes i still think you are clever).

It' like a plastic Bag, put some water in and pierce 10 holes,

-if the amount of water is enough, the debit of water that throw out of the 10 holes will be the same

-if the amount of water is not enough then the debit, the amount of water that the 10 holes will throw out will be different.

Now imagine we are the holes, what do we need to do to get the same amount of water that throw out the 10 holes ?

There is a simple solution about this problem, PUT MORE water ! that mean, upgrade server, put more MONEY.

That why some are not afffected about the server change, and some other are.

The problem is simple, the solution is simple too. But why is that difficult to do ? because is a question of MONEY.

For sure there are looking at a solution like change the form of the bag and others dumb things ...

Upgrade and spend more money please ... 

Old players that spend alot of money and time will try to stay, but new will run far away and fast, for your sake, .... spend more money in order to gain more xD

This is what we call simple.

I don't know what the hell you are studying, but I'm a software engineer. And software engineers also learn how LAN/WAN/CPUs work. And what you said it just plain wrong.

I play two very ping reliant classes. Lightning sin and Shadow gunner. I can anicancel with both all day long. As can 90% of my clan. 

But whatever. It's like talking to a freaking wall. Keep bashing on NC for your bad ping, it won't get you anywhere. Not gonna waste any more time on this crap.

Same here, I don't have problem with ping (20-25ms), but with freezes and spikes. It's gotten so bad after server move, I started using Pingzapper for first time in my mmo-life (almost 10 years). In my raid, we have freezes at exact same time (talking on discord and all of a sudden: freeze, freeze) and that's 12 people all around Europe, so it's not ISP problem.

NC Soft please for the love of god, fix this already.

I wish they would at least acknowledge that there is indeed an issue, but people like amokk are what makes it hard to adress it as they spam our threads with "Nuh nuh nuh it's your ISP blablabla" like they know-it-all.

For now I'm turning to other games barely doing my dailies although even that starts being a chore.

Yesterday I was out all day, came back at 9pm, didn't even bother to turn the game on. 

Please fix this already ...

• NCSOFT

Hello everyone, 

We've compiled all the information from the comments left in this thread and we've verified an issue at night as reported. Our network teams are investigating the issue and we will let everyone know when we have more information to share.

Thanks for all of your reports on this, stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2017 at 11:32 PM, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, 

We've compiled all the information from the comments left in this thread and we've verified an issue at night as reported. Our network teams are investigating the issue and we will let everyone know when we have more information to share.

Thanks for all of your reports on this, stay tuned!

Hello, some news ? it's really insane with new patch .... PLS do SOMETHING if you don't want lost more player.

Quitting this game, lag issue has gone to hell, as a sf you practically need good ms and after this patch I have no reason to play this game anymore, latency issue has gone from a rank 4/10 to a full f*ing 10/10 the server needs more juice or you might as well sell it to a company with more money to support the server. While I'm reading the comments also if you are connected to the main server well o wowowow noooooo sht sherfkinglock you will have great ms playing bns but for us who live in other cityys and countrys we have no choice but to move on to other games how did I go from 50m-80ms to a wopping 200+? yeah enjoy you're selfish sht game for another year before it ends up like elsword, money hungry cheap folks who cant run a server right and will give out freebies to save its servers azzz but will fail due to basic needs not being met. No more money for Ncsoft. "Its you're routers issue" that comment really pissed me of like who the fk died n made u decide who gets to pick what router they choose or not dam prick who knows nothing but kissing his routers azz.

It lags as fck after maintance, today ecspecially, tomorrow... wow not even gonna log in :D In Celestial Basin for example when you cross some lines at specific places, the same places, fps drops each time and ping increase, you cross again it drops again O_o And new land is also laggy, Valindria...wow just - resident lags, but ok we did a main quest and can forget about Solak and never come back but the previous locations started to lag. Hello?

P.S. And thank you very much for reducing drop chance of evolved stones and elysians from pouches. Wow...we weren't grinding enough.

I'd like to note that since this patch my evening ping has gone down to regular and I appreciate it, though some others are still affected. 

I've been using 4G until now which was also better than my regular net, a turnaround for others if you're experiencing lags too.

On 12/10/2017 at 12:02 AM, Heldegas said:

I'd like to note that since this patch my evening ping has gone down to regular and I appreciate it, though some others are still affected. 

I've been using 4G until now which was also better than my regular net, a turnaround for others if you're experiencing lags too.

Yah same, it just my ping from 160ms to 220ms now since that patch -.-

Archived