Explorer's Pack - who is and who isn't eligible afterall?

TamashiEcho

Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, Canada, and Mexico and residents of a member state of the European Union, Iceland, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey (for the purposes of this Contest, residents of these countries will be deemed part of the European Union) who are the age of majority or older (18 years of age in most jurisdictions) as of the date of entry and a current Blade & Soul player who has satisfied the following eligibility criteria: (1) must have an NCSOFT account created prior to the start of the registration period; (2) has at least one Level 10 character on their Blade & Soul account; (3) the Blade & Soul account is in good standing; and (4) completes the Event Registration Process as defined below (“Eligible Player”).

- Source: http://static.bladeandsoul.com/uploads/articles/pdf/BnS-Dawn-of-the Lost-Continent-Giveaway-Rules_EN.pdf?_ga=2.126092296.428386558.1510929694-1324786259.1509992090

I couldn't help but notice the quoted part of the Lost Continent Explorer's Bundle rules of eligibility, that not only caused doubt in me but in a few fellow players. Thing is, why aren't the regions of South and Central America there too? A lot of people replied once I posted this same doubt in a Facebook group, and someone said that the same happened before with other giveaways, but players from the South and Central America were able to claim the gift, tho, is it the same this time, or we are "excluded" from this Expansion's reward? 
Also, players of Australia are having the same doubt, so are we in or out?

Just now, Riss77 said:

ow shit.

If it was that simple, to just change the account country, players would be creating a chaotic situations in group chats? They send me an IP security verification everytime my internet breaks at home, even if I'm the same location without moving an inch, they take this seriously.
And even if it was that simple I wouldn't do this, not my thing to lie for a bundle.

Why do people make a big concern about it? Just try to register it and see if you receive the package or not. If not, then complain about it.

Even if nothing happen, you won't lose much anyways because the only good things in the pack is the instant lv50 voucher and 20 golds. It saves you time to go through the story line again. However, at the same time, you will miss out half of the golds earned in the story line quests as well (I think in total, you will earn around 200-300 golds in total from all story quests. With the lv50 voucher, you will only get around 150 golds + 20 golds (from the pack).

Just now, FrozenB said:

Why do people make a big concern about it? Just try to register it and see if you receive the package or not. If not, then complain about it.

Even if nothing happen, you won't lose much anyways because the only good things in the pack is the instant lv50 voucher and 20 golds. It saves you time to go through the story line again. However, at the same time, you will miss out half of the golds earned in the story line quests as well (I think in total, you will earn around 200-300 golds in total from all story quests. With the lv50 voucher, you will only get around 150 golds + 20 golds (from the pack).

We're just having a doubt, naturally. 
What's the worth complaining after the "event" it's over, wouldn't do much, if so many people are being excluded, we'll complain when there's still time to fix it, afterall it would be really unfair to be excluded IMO. It's not like we don't contribute at all, a lot of players of these regions also pay for Premium and HM Store Items, so we deserve as much as any others. 

7 minutes ago, TamashiEcho said:

We're just having a doubt, naturally. 
What's the worth complaining after the "event" it's over, wouldn't do much, if so many people are being excluded, we'll complain when there's still time to fix it, afterall it would be really unfair to be excluded IMO. It's not like we don't contribute at all, a lot of players of these regions also pay for Premium and HM Store Items, so we deserve as much as any others. 

That's why I said even IF you miss out this pack, you won't lose much. Then, you can complain about it so that the next pack in the future will be eligible for you guys.

2 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

That's why I said even IF you miss out this pack, you won't lose much. Then, you can complain about it so that the next pack in the future will be eligible for you guys.

It is significant, if it's so useless to some of you, then don't register. Simple like that, but even if it's little, it means a lot to some players.
We won't wait untill the next expansion, that God knows when it will come out to complain about this kind of behavior again, it's a doubt that we have and none it's getting answers from anyone that actually knows about it, so yeah, some panic, some use forums, some just throw a temper tantrum, but we just want information to know what will be our next move.

The servers are North America and Europe. Not The Americas and Europe, not The Americas & Oceania and Europe. Only NA and Europe. I don't get where these questions come from. I understand it's frustrating when things are blocked off for you, only because of your location. But you weren't meant to play on this server to begin with. If you feel like Australia and South America should also get to play this game, have it released there, and you'll get to enjoy the game to its fullest.

1 hour ago, Onbekend said:

The servers are North America and Europe. Not The Americas and Europe, not The Americas & Oceania and Europe. Only NA and Europe. I don't get where these questions come from. I understand it's frustrating when things are blocked off for you, only because of your location. But you weren't meant to play on this server to begin with. If you feel like Australia and South America should also get to play this game, have it released there, and you'll get to enjoy the game to its fullest.

Oh my what a brilliant suggestion! I wonder why no one thought to petition for a SEA server before?  (that was sarcasm just in case you missed it) >.>

1 hour ago, Trix said:

Oh my what a brilliant suggestion! I wonder why no one thought to petition for a SEA server before?  (that was sarcasm just in case you missed it) >.>

And did the petition get any support? 2,5 years for 17.500 votes. You'd almost think Oceania barely knows/wants Blade&Soul.

1 hour ago, Onbekend said:

And did the petition get any support? 2,5 years for 17.500 votes. You'd almost think Oceania barely knows/wants Blade&Soul.

Because a lot of people gave up on the game when they got no response after nearly a whole year? Who would want to keep playing a game where latency stops you/ frustrates you from doing hardcore arena/pvp and/or not be able to play to your full potential as it is such a ping reliant heavy game. Or the fact of events like this, where OCE/SEA are not included, yet they happily take our money for ncoin.  The reason it got no support is because they never planned to give OCE/SEA a server to begin with yet still wanted that playerbase/money for launch so gave all those people false hope, then ignored it after.

There was more than one of the petitions over the last 2 years and people gave up asking for it because ncstaff stated they had no plans to start another server.

Dead horse is dead, flogging it wont get you anywhere.

A company that happily accepts our subs and f10 transactions should have no issue with including everyone in thier events. Excluding actual physical prizes like the gaming peripherals which of course i understand would not be practical to include for other regions

I believe this is the 2nd time they excluded other regions from events (the 1st being the MxM business). It's also not really an event anyways, it's them giving out free stuff. And if you want to give them money, why would they decline? You should be aware you're playing on NA, so you're not going to get 100% everything. Would you feel it's justified if they would completely block you off from purchasing stuff like premium as well, then? 

@OnbekendWas just about to write a reply along the lines of your comment xD

Imo them allowing people from outside the region where they are publishing to connect, is more an act of good will than anything else. I mean this game's server software is obviously not meant to work in such a large scale. I think that even having continent wide server connectivity is stretching it to it's limits, let alone past that. In all honesty, if it was me publishing, I would rather focus my assets at pleasing the demographic which has the best experience with the game from purely technical standpoint, than having to look after half the globe. Afterall what is the chance of retaining a player whose lowest ping ever is 300? Let's say 1 in 10 such players? As heartless as it might sound, I would rather not encourage someone with such lag to keep playing a game where low ping is paramount, by throwing "candies" at them. In the long run this would lead to more negatives than positives. Even the most patient among players will eventually reach their threshold when it comes to ping tolerance and then quit. And what would one in two say? "This publisher is a joke cause they didn't fix the lag", or "This publisher is a joke cause they didn't host a server in my region", being completely oblivious about the costs and legal matters that are involved with doing so. It's not as easy as going down to South Africa and putting a server rack in some server nexus somewhere. Same goes for South America. I'm fairly certain that this game's content is probably out of the question for at least half the governments down there.

5 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

@OnbekendWas just about to write a reply along the lines of your comment xD

Imo them allowing people from outside the region where they are publishing to connect, is more an act of good will than anything else. I mean this game's server software is obviously not meant to work in such a large scale. I think that even having continent wide server connectivity is stretching it to it's limits, let alone past that. In all honesty, if it was me publishing, I would rather focus my assets at pleasing the demographic which has the best experience with the game from purely technical standpoint, than having to look after half the globe. Afterall what is the chance of retaining a player whose lowest ping ever is 300? Let's say 1 in 10 such players? As heartless as it might sound, I would rather not encourage someone with such lag to keep playing a game where low ping is paramount, by throwing "candies" at them. In the long run this would lead to more negatives than positives. Even the most patient among players will eventually reach their threshold when it comes to ping tolerance and then quit. And what would one in two say? "This publisher is a joke cause they didn't fix the lag", or "This publisher is a joke cause they didn't host a server in my region", being completely oblivious about the costs and legal matters that are involved with doing so. It's not as easy as going down to South Africa and putting a server rack in some server nexus somewhere. Same goes for South America. I'm fairly certain that this game's content is probably out of the question for at least half the governments down there.

I would hardly call it good will, it's simply good business practice to sell your product to the largest amount of customers that you can. The issue that this thread is about is not that we don't all have a server in our own regions it's the possibility of being excluded from events. As for ping yes you have a point but even with my 200 ping i still get plenty of enjoyment from playing the game.

@Trix You might get enjoyment, but history has shown that this enjoyment has it's limits. At one moment you'll hit a "hard" cap of what you can accomplish with such ping and there will be no going around it. And it's not good idea to let people get into that corner, cause more often than not, not solving their problem will result in you as a company gaining bad rep. And reputation is half the marketing when it comes to online interactive media.

2 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

@Trix You might get enjoyment, but history has shown that this enjoyment has it's limits. At one moment you'll hit a "hard" cap of what you can accomplish with such ping and there will be no going around it. And it's not good idea to let people get into that corner, cause more often than not, not solving their problem will result in you as a company gaining bad rep. And reputation is half the marketing when it comes to online interactive media.

That's a pretty big overgeneralization there. I have been playing this game since beta without hitting this wall you speak of and you can easily complete all of the games content if you pick a class and build that is less ping reliant.

As for gaining a bad reputation for not solving the issues the game has,  bns buddy has proven that with some tweaks the game can run much better. If a person who isn't even part of the bns franchise can improve thier game then what are the people who are actually paid doing?

Archived