I came to understand you cant fix 6v6 crashes and runtime errors.

IHentaii

Alright, if you cant do anything about it since the 64bit release, can you please let us reconnect to the match if we crashed? PLEASE? i beg you, i keep losing my rank because of this and there are many others, I please ask you to let us connect back to the match instead of getting completely out of it, there is no point of letting us lose 30 points because you cant fix client crash, you keep telling us you want the game fair, but this is unfair tbh.

Let us connect back to the match since you cant fix your game client. please? this is getting so annoying.....

-Hammyboo
I cant change my nickname on Forum btw, and I am stuck with this one btw, dont judge me.

There was a point when the matches on 6v6 Battleground maps were working without issue (it's been a while, but probably around the time when the 6v6 Event was active and Beluga was launched)

At some point people started leaving and exploiting the 6v6 matches, due to not losing points.

While the disconnects might have been due to malicious intent (not losing points in an unfavorable situation) or due to accidents (game crash, power / internet outage), no solution seemed to be found for the issue on NCSoft's side except for disabling the reconnection feature. I was expecting it to be a short-term fix for the issue at that time, but there was no further investment in the issue.

After a certain client update, people kept getting "Out of Memory" crashes in 6v6 (still 32bit client), which was then punished with a hard hit of 60 points lost for disconnecting, even though there was no intention of crashing on the players side.

We were all hoping for 64bit to fix this issue, but of course it didnt. The crashes origin just changed. We now get random game freezes in 6v6 (on both beluga and whirlwind valley), the well known "runtime error" for basically no reason.

There are ways to mitigate the risk, by avoiding certain "high risk" actions in 6v6, which are:

- Dont spam "4" to revive when you die

- Dont move immediately after respawning

NCSoft must have heard of this issue, because the disconnection punishment was lowered from 60 to 30 points, so it wouldnt hit you that hard. It all makes sense for an arena perspective where there are either 1v1 / 3v3 and the matches have a certain duration.

But there are random crashes you just can't prevent in 6v6. You can be lucky and play match after match of 6v6 for 5 hours straight, and suddenly you're hit by a random runtime error (or screen freeze). ok you lost 30 points. if you're in higher ranks, this might mean quite a lot.

And if you're unlucky this happens twice in a row. Or even more.

All this time, the risk of a gamecrash due to some issues obviously coming from the bladeandsoul client, hangs over your head like the Sword of Damocles.

Is it really worth to queue? How many matches am I able to play today without crashing myself. or a crashing teammate. or crashes on both teams.

I had a lot of fun in playing Whirlwind Valley and Beluga, but I arrived at a point where I'm not sure anymore if I wanna get disappointed again.

Please NCSoft, take action.

Don't take the easy way out and just "reenable reconnection" or "lower the disconnection punishment to 20 points".

Tell the development team in Korea about the issues in our Client and make them fix it.

Twitch-Clip of the game crashing for no reason in the middle of a 6v6 match

I think KawaiiDesuChan pretty much summed it all up.

At this point, I think 80% of the people in ladder ranking in 6v6 isn't reflected accurately. This is solely based on people getting 'runtime' errors, often resulting in a -30 penalty to their ranking. Imagine getting these 'runtime' errors multiple times in a row (this actually happened to me on stream last night). It just gets to a point where you have to ask yourself, do I really think it's worth staying over 2+ hours in queue just to get a 'runtime' error in the end? Do I still play this game mode for my enjoyment and do I want to risk possibly losing my rating and letting my team down in the process?

Don't put this on the back burner. A much as I'd like to support NCSoft in their efforts to stop people from exploiting it I feel like not being able to reconnect to a 6v6 game is doing more harm than good.

Players are now forced to keep their client open and running (simply because they don't want to lose -30 rating) after getting a game freeze which is caused by the 'runtime' errors. The game still registers them as in-game, but they're not in a position to help out their team which often results in a loss for the entire team. People are doing this just to mitigate their own losses.

One 'runtime' error manages to deprive multiple people from having a joyful playing experience and this is something that happens 99% of the games.

I can't remember the last time I've actually played an entire 6v6 match where nobody on either team(s) didn't get someone with a 'disconnect' or 'runtime error' and I play this game mode on a daily basis so go figure.

With that being said, I hope NCSoft realizes this is a pressing matter.

My plan was to make a big post at 1st, but my friends pretty much summed it up, so ill just add my few cents here,

What we're talking about is Client crash (either runtime error, or simly "program not responding"), this is not actual disconnection, your character remains in game, and it is still connected to it, but your game is frozen, you're unable to do anything but kill its process.

I have been trying to resolve this issue since a year, i've spent countless hours with bns tech support, i've tried each of their proposed solutions, and my own ideas, i've tried fully reinstalling system and what not, nothing helps, Runtime errors / client hang-ups (freezes) are just bound to happen, and they happen ONLY in 6v6 game mode (to my experiance)
Ever since 64bit release, im able to have my client open for entire day, do raids, dungeons, and its still working fine,
6v6 on the other hand, you may get crash on 1st game of a day, on freshly started client, 

I know that there are people claiming that they never crash in 6v6, but to be honest i personally believe they just havent played enough,
(i have over 2000 games played across both 6v6 game modes, and i've seen games where up to 10 people have had their game crash in same match)
I do have days where i can do 20 games without a single crash, but there are also days where i crash 4 times in 4 games.

What causes it, i honestly dont know, as far as my understanding goes, it could be something related to how this game manages memory, leading to memory leak, and eventually client freeze and crash, could be anything else tho,
As far as i remember it all has started, when NCSoft has implemented solutions for "afk abuse", by removing ability to rejoin, possibly something went wrong, and game simply isnt stable in 6v6 ever since.
I've came across various streamers from Korea and Taiwan who play 6v6 consistently on their servers, 
they were surprised to hear about crashes, and were claiming that it doesnt happen in their versions of a game,
Which again leads me to think, that this practicular adjustments made for NA/EU client may be responsible for this issue.

Windows event log doesnt give much information either, (this is what is shown in event log after game crashes)

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Client.exe
Application Version: 0.0.235.6906
Application Timestamp: 59ba3199

Bottom line, This is a serious problem, that pretty much ruins any competitve aspects of 6v6, and all the fun thats suppose to come from it,
and it has to be taken care of before any other actions to 6v6 balance, because what does balancing do, if players are simply unable to compete.
Please NCSoft, take this issue seriously,

Just do not throw this problem away please, take some action NCSoft. In last season i got like 3 random dcs on rank 1 games in ww and 2 dcs on beluga, loosing rank 1 this way u think its fair? Plus its very rare to play a 6x6 game due to this errors. 

Cannot agree more with what is said above. Working hard to get your ranking up and then waste all that effort due to random crashed, which you cannot be blamed for is ridiculous. This takes away the enjoyment of playing 6v6 as it ends up being pointless. 

Please fix this problem or let people who crashed reconnect the game just like the possibility you have in clan battleground. Since the feature to reconnect to a match is already available in clan battleground it cannot be that hard to add it to the regular 6v6 as well. 

The battleground is beyond broken right now, I played more than 300 in beluga alone and can describe how the games go:

First problem is that the match making counts average points. This is a HUGE problem because of two reasons. First of all you can get matched up with your max gear against people who die only because you looked wrong at them while still getting good points (abuseable)  and second BIG problem is that if you actually want to que with someone who is much

higher than you lets say 1700 ques with 1800 you will have to wait a very long time to actually find a que AND lose alot of points if you lose a match while gaining nearly NOTHING for a win!!! 

1800 ques with 1300 (that has no gear) while still getting matched up against good geared teams basically fcking everyone up. SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second problem is what everyone else here did mention like 1000000000000000000000 times already for sure:

Ranking up is very rng based right now and I do not mean the team composition you could get but the dcs and crashes you AND YOU TEAM MATES do get. Just watch the last stream of 

max geared BM "Terrra" https://www.twitch.tv/videos/201773062. He streamed for 10 hours getting only like 11 games while having ALWAYS at least someone who crashed in his  last games because of run time errors. You get a crash most of the times during reviving while also sometimes randomly. This bug existed for YEARS and was still not fixed? really NCSoft?

You want over 200 people watch live how buggy your game is, really? You really want such a bad marketing for your game? People are streaming battleground daily and DAILY this problems are spread across everyone creating HUGE negative atmosphere. I myself had 8 crashed in ONE DAY which nearly made me quit this game. Really? Is that what you want? 

You want to lose more players? Then just keep going nothing cause right now the second problem is a HUGE deal. It is not just huge but really really HUGE because your "solution" giving -30 is NOT a solution to the problem. Games go like this right now: You win a game and get +12 or +25 depending on the average score which sux btw (read problem 1) BUT AS SOON AS 1 PERSON CRASHES it fcks everyone up. Winning team gets +4 losing or -29 if this person crashes on the enemy team like 1 minute before game ends.

But guess what now, YOU GET THIS CRASHES EVERY SINGLE GAMES because out of 12 people someone always crashes (watch the stream I linked above if you do not believe me)

So you win +3 lose in a normal game -15, then win another +8 (cause of crash again) and lose -29 because someone crashed in the enemy team short before they won making it 5v6.

But guess what? It is NOT OVER yet: you decide to que one more time and get fcking crash yourself making it -30 again for you even though you were winning yourself (your team gets +4 for this win). So even though you had over 50% win rate you won 11 and lost over 9000? Do you think someone will enjoy playing battleground with this conditions when one que takes around 8min - 2 hours?

Battleground does not only need fixing, it needs a complete rework like full complete rework of this two HUGE problems I mentioned above cause this is getting out of hand!!!

Ranking up right now is very RNG based and all you can do is hope for a lucky crit proc and good weather to not have crashes for once which is even more rare than getting best crit proc in the trove btw and stop as soon as you got some win streak getting +1, +4, +8 for the wins instead of normal +15,+24.

https://imgur.com/a/Pu6Tr

I do not understand why you think this is not a huge deal because otherwise you would have at least put some effort into finding the real cause of it (Other clients do NOT have this kind of issues from what Ive heard). 

Want bad marketing for your game? Do nothing and let the max geared people stream "endgame" content that is worthless and buggy - makes a very good image for your game

I am pretty new to 6v6. I am usually a PvE player but since I'm kinda done with that content (just need stuff from Raids), I decided to try out 6v6 and started upgrading PvP Gear and joined few matches. After only few matches i got already my first crash... I was like ok can happen w/e another few matches later again a crash... already mad but ye w/e queue again .... crash... crash ... crash .... 3 crashes in a row ( yes I did restart my pc after every crash, yes I have my graphics on minimum, yes its optimized for low end PC even tho my PC is pretty decent and should be more then enough for BnS). Well at this point in order to get to top 5 i need a 4:1 ratio (win:dc/loose). Rank 1 is nothing I am aiming for at this point anymore since its not based on Gear/Skill or what Team you get. Its just a question of do I Crash this game or not ? I could play all day long and win/loose, I dont really care if I loose it just means the Enemy was better or i was bad, but loosing points because the Game/Client is not properly designed and we get punished for that makes me Mad.

I mean I cant actually believe a big game like this with this issue not being solved for almost a year, You are feeding us events,troves, rng chests etc etc, but you never even looked at this critical issue, is it because nobody reported it? I know many players made tickets about it but nobody paid attention still.
I have lost my rank 1 as a summoner several times, countless times you have no idea and I had to work for it over and over and over and over again so I can get 1 crash to lose it all over again, how stupid this can be?
Why did I pay for my pvp gear exactly? then you come to us with pvp earrning? really? and pvp weapon stage 9 is at the door, and yet you still want us to actually upgrade these items for 6v6?

We crash everyday and nobody cares from the devs why exactly? nobody knows   

ò ò - abood

KawaiiDesuChan summarized everything.

Since the 64 Bit client I had in Beluga as well as in WWV random crashes. My record was 12 times in a row in this week i was done with 6v6 . 6v6 is like a hate love. You want to play games to improve your rank and because it's fun, but on the other hand, there is always this unwell feeling that you could get a DC or a run time error at any time, this will ruin your gameplay forever and makes the playerbase unhappy. Not only one suffers from the Run Time Errors and Dcs but also the team on two sides, first some players who do not get a DC but get a Run Time Error instead and  simply do not close the game, the Team Mates lose more points than if the person would close the game  and the other thing is your team has one play less who could help to win the game.

It´s not fun while i stream to get random run time errors with like 30-60 people watching. I was doing 6v6 with one of my clan mates and the game was like just starting and the first person DCed on our team then  on the other team one person and like 5 min later he and me crashed at the same time . Like how can this happen 4 people in one game crashed ????? In the end it was 3v5.

I really hope you will do something against it, if not 6v6 will be dead and no one will care about PvP gear or anything that has something to do with 6v6.

And if you maybe think that some Battelground event like the ones you did  before will restraint the shitty  moode and the frustration of the player base, your wrong this is not a solution.

2nd crash in 2 games  NICE https://clips.twitch.tv/SavageSilkyOcelotMingLee

4 hours ago, WhisSama said:

The battleground is beyond broken right now, I played more than 300 in beluga alone and can describe how the games go:

First problem is that the match making counts average points. This is a HUGE problem because of two reasons. First of all you can get matched up with your max gear against people who die only because you looked wrong at them while still getting good points (abuseable)  and second BIG problem is that if you actually want to que with someone who is much

higher than you lets say 1700 ques with 1800 you will have to wait a very long time to actually find a que AND lose alot of points if you lose a match while gaining nearly NOTHING for a win!!! 

1800 ques with 1300 (that has no gear) while still getting matched up against good geared teams basically fcking everyone up. SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So then, what's your suggestion? The average of 1800 and 1300 is around 1550, which is high silver rank. Nowadays, at this rank, you are basically facing players with raven/ascendant gears for sure. If 1300 player doesn't even have pvp ss, then who's causing problem here? 

Nowadays, even if you are in bronze rank, you can fight against raven/ascendant gears players. Since there is no failure in weapon upgrade, as time goes pass, there will be just more and more raven/ascendant players in the game. This is the fact and we can't change it.

I can't think of a more fair way for the system to do the matching. Using gears? easy, just change noob gear before quene. Restricted gear switch in BG? players who forget to switch their weapon or soulshields before quene will be doomed. HM level? It is meaningless. Using Stats? easy, just change gears.

I think the real problem now is that they open the battleground system for new players at very low level. I have seen a HM 3 players with 30k hp using storyline quests item in battlefield. Instead of afking in spawning site, he/she just went out and fed the other team non-stop. No matter what we can do, we can't catch up with the points loss. To make the system better, they should only open battleground quene in F8 when the players have successfully won 100 1vs1 and 100 3vs3 matches in arena first. This way, they can get some pvp soulshields and have a general idea on how to pvp either in solo or as a team. (If players say they don't like pvp in arena, then why do they even join BG?)

Crashes and especially disconnects are my main fear of going into 6v6. I just don't understand how badly coded this game can get, that you have to kick people and not let them reconnect just to avoid the abusers who were crashing on purpose to avoid ranking loss.

I mean, nobody wants crashes and disconnects, including NCsoft, so I can't blame that on them (not like they made them on purpose), however they HAPPEN, and happen OFTEN.

A solution is to allow us to reconnect on a crash / dc... why can't you just apply the rating penalty to someone offline at the end of the match? I don't understand. Why you have to kick people out instantly on a disconnect?

Better yet, count the offline person as someone online at the end. They would gain or lose ranking depending on win / loss, just as normal. Nobody can abuse, and people who dc don't suffer -30 and can reconnect.

Pffff,this issue has been here forever. All Nc cares about is money milking, they dont really wanna deal anything more than that. 

I personally liked 6s alot but this fked up client have cost me two seasons rank #1 when it was -60 per DC. All the hardcore 6s players are stop playing just spend their time on other games. I myself have stop playing 6s and just w8ing someone to buy my cha and be done with this company... 

This is a very bad issue. I had it several times today.
Its only occuring in 6vs6 actually.

Only thing i recognize ist, that my ssd-drive
seems to work a lot right when the game crashes.

Can we get any information why this is happening?
Is it the Ram, HD, Video-Card, or is there maybe a stable Nvidia-Driver? Anything?

I agree. I've stopped farming 6v6 because of frustration caused by DC (seems that new servers have reduced my DC rate), freezes, runtime errors, perma root bug (you know, when you can move anymore untill you die). I'm good about managing my anger but sometimes, seriously, all I want is to delete the game...

It's not about the anti-cheat system because I know that it happens with or without anti-cheat at same rates. It's something that players can't fix, something in client or servers. Plus, these errors happen 99% in Battleground! We are now sure and aware that EU client/servers are corrupted and that are not players fault.

They made it like if someone crashed they lose 30 points, however now people don't close the game after crashing they keep it opened in the task manager, and they dont lose 30 points, and you make your whole team suffers 5v6. and all of us lose 18 points instead of 5 points.

On 11/18/2017 at 10:49 AM, IHentaii said:

They made it like if someone crashed they lose 30 points, however now people don't close the game after crashing they keep it opened in the task manager, and they dont lose 30 points, and you make your whole team suffers 5v6. and all of us lose 18 points instead of 5 points.

As soon as someone crashed, he/she will dc from party. I have experienced it in dungeon. During last boss fight at like 50% HP left, my computer crashed. So, I left the program on for another 10 minutes and then restarted the game and log back in and I still didn't get the credit. My clan-mates (from same dungeon) told me that it was shown I was DC'ed as soon as my game client crashed. 

You guys lose 18 points instead of 5 points mainly because your team overall elo ranking is much higher than the other team overall elo ranking. Plus, if there is a big difference in team score at the end of match (such as 200 vs 1800). Then, of course you guys will lose more points.

10 hours ago, Yaory said:

And guess what, they don't give a shit about all this complains since they didn't even respond to this for 7 days. Hey NCsoft, wake up.

I have to be fair, they did check the post and they are actually working on it - they have also changed their reply in the tickets according to this post.
The fix will be released soon as far as I know.

On 24.11.2017 at 4:03 AM, IHentaii said:

You mean like the fixes for all the other bugs/issues in the game since beta? ;) The list is getting longer and longer. And NCWest dont care about them. Examples: Launcher issues, friendlist, F8 issues, F2 issues, infight bug, performance issues, game crashes, several skill bugs on different classes, exploids in dungeons, dungeon mechanic issues like the hive queen center bug, and so on.^^ Its a massive list of issues and right..... NCWest dont care. 

On 11/28/2017 at 2:05 PM, NYYankee said:

You mean like the fixes for all the other bugs/issues in the game since beta? ;) The list is getting longer and longer. And NCWest dont care about them. Examples: Launcher issues, friendlist, F8 issues, F2 issues, infight bug, performance issues, game crashes, several skill bugs on different classes, exploids in dungeons, dungeon mechanic issues like the hive queen center bug, and so on.^^ Its a massive list of issues and right..... NCWest dont care. 

I mean for now 6v6 is a mess... and I am 100% sure that the GMs saw the post therefore I think that specific bug will be fixed which is the runtime error

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

Same problems here, so I will not explain it again. Just a little "up" for the topic and inform everyone that there isn't a traces of improvment for those bug.

I got 3 crashes in 3 games in a raw yesterday and made a ticket again. Same reply from the support team, same frustration. 

Salvationia.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2017 at 5:03 AM, IHentaii said:

I have to be fair, they did check the post and they are actually working on it - they have also changed their reply in the tickets according to this post.

So how's that going?

Now, I've played around a dozen of matches this week and some 70 in this season. In the dozen matches, I've crashed 6 times myself and in ALL the others someone else has crashed and out of all the matches I've played this season, a majority has been 5v6 or 4v6 and 3v4 and whathaveyou. It's basically the name of the game in high ranks now, the team with less crashes wins. The issues only seem to be getting worse or I'm just getting hit with a streak of extremely bad luck, but across thousands of matches, I've never seen the games go this bad.

And to make things worse, the ability to reconnect to matches did not fix a thing. First of all, restarting the game takes so long that your team has likely lost by the time you get back and if you crashed while dead (which is the most common way), you cannot reconnect anyway if you have to 4 after spawning. Now, I'm fairly certain despite all this, NCWest patted themselves on the back for creating a solution and forgot about the whole thing, 'cause from my understanding, we've gone back to the old "Please check your running processes and terminate unnecessary ones" -replies from the support staff, pretending that the crashing is not their client's fault.

If you use bnsbuddy to clean the game memory during battleground, you'll notice a one peculiar thing. At no point there's no more than 16-24mb of data that gets cleaned... except after dying and pressing 4; then there's suddenly 500mb+. To me it seems there's a pretty damn obvious memory leak tied to reviving in battlegrounds. Why it isn't being looked at is quite astounding. If you cannot find a simple fix, maybe try putting the revive behind an an actual loading screen like in everywhere else in the game?

I really don't care if the devs don't fix all the bugs, but battleground crashing is GAMEBREAKING. It should be on top of the priority list. All the other countless bugs are minor annoyances, but this one actually prevents you from playing a big part of the game. Why, or how, it is so hard for them to admit that there even is an issue, is beyond me.

Archived