Forums

People with Immortality Earring - Can NCSoft stop them?

Immortality Earring is like a joke accessory. Except for the defensive buff and +max prestige point holder, it is basically weaker than Pinnacle Earring. It becomes a meme accessory to laugh at people wasting time and resources upgrading something that is more useless than an drop from an old dungeon. Yet, there are still plenty of people, especially new players, using it, believing it is better than Pinnacle version, cuz it is have the pretty color of legendary items.

Can NCSoft just take the stat of Pinnacle Earring, add the Courage buff to it, to turn it into a proper upgrade (or at least slight upgrade like Destiny Ring), so that this thing can stop being a newbie-scamming item? Take away the PP holder increase too, since our versions of SSP do not have 2,500PP boxes to make use of the boost.

• Like 2

Well, I suppose they could take it away, but really it would be better if they just gave it a straight buff. I agree that at the very least it should be have secondary stats on par with Pinnacle, but it's probably not going to be enough even if it becomes the case beginning at Stage 1.

A new secondary stat might help, like say, piercing. That would give it some sort of unique feature at least, though I suppose it's a bit moot if it becomes linked to the upcoming PvP legendary (like Destiny is to Skyshatter).

Just curious why people bring this topics up? It is not like you have to get every single legendary item in this game. You can just skip this legendary earring if you don't like the stats and bonus.

This legendary earrings is easier to get than the other legendary accessories, so the stats should be weaker as well.

9 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Just curious why people bring this topics up? It is not like you have to get every single legendary item in this game. You can just skip this legendary earring if you don't like the stats and bonus.

This legendary earrings is easier to get than the other legendary accessories, so the stats should be weaker as well.

Cuz the number of people using this earring, get joked and memed around is outstanding.

I know friends in other clan who have to intervene to stop their newly-recruited players from wasting resources (Lunar Flowers from Mastery Bundle, specifically) when discovering about the latter steadily upgrading Immortality Earring.

It already existed when Lunar Flower was still hard to come by, and its stat was laughable at since then. As time passes, it used as an extra course of gold as it can be sold for 100g. Now, it is just a useless piece of legendary accessory that traps new players into wasting resources.

Also, whether it is easier to acquire or not it is up NCWest. I rather have it tied to a hard-to-get category, as long as it is useful, instead of seeing become newbie-trap. Even so, a legendary piece that has stat weaker than an easy-to-come-by purple drop is laughable.

Unless, of course, NCWest has a plan so that players can properly use the 2,500-PP threshold given by the earring. And that is the only thing it is worth for.

Edited by Kozuki

People don't do research on the legendary before upgrading them? There are a lot of resources such as forum here or reddit or even google search.

Also, considering how easy it is to get compared to the draken accessories in F8. Now, lunar flowers drop everywhere.

I'm also an Immortality Earring user... It's helping with the bonus AP and HP since I only have it and necklace.  Its also been helping me in SSP for farming soulstone pouches... I'm only a casual player so I dont know when I'll be able to get the next legendary acc so sorry to disappoint you guys if I still use if over the Xanos earring now. 

I do agree that it needs a little buff though...