Returning Player Questions

Kirsei

Hey guys, I recently game back to the game after taking a long break. Started back when BnS first got released in the U.S., I'm lvl 50 Hongmoon 7 and am wondering what I need to do to "get end game" in regards to gear and HM levels? I finished the main storyline and I currently have the Stage 1 Seraph Sword along with generic pinnacle/lucent accessories. Getting something like Eternity belt (I think it's the best belt available?) seems difficult since I don't seem to help at all in the runs of Naryu Foundry. Things like black tower/temple of Eluvium seem very difficult to find a party for since there is no cross server dungeon for it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Unfortunately there's no fast lane (apart from irl cash investment I guess) in this game so for now, you should drop the idea of BT/ToE. Focus on your weapon and accessories.
Here's a quick overview that might help you:

- Do daily challenges. It provides you with some currency and solar energies, which you will most likely need for either gems or a badge. Having alts for dailies helps as you can trade some of the items bought with solar energies (energies themselves aren't tradeable).

- Try running DT/NF/NS as much as possible for legendaries. Finding a DT group might not be a problem and often people don't need the necklace anymore so you can get it for free. Same goes for the belt from NF. As for running NF/NS, until you boost your AP somewhat you might have difficulties getting a party, or you'll get a slower party. The only solution to that is probably joining a clan where people can help you.

- Do daily MSP and try to get the SS asap. They provide better bonuses than purple SS from dungeons and are a good starting point before you focus on feathers for the raven set (or get them dropped in BT).

- For cheaper crit infusions for your MSP SS and later raven set you can join the Soul Wardens and craft the primers yourself. The crit infusions will provide you with 5-6k crit and will generally boost your dps a lot. 

- Try to collect entry tickets for Tower of Infinity daily (2 per day) and use them to farm Tokens. With tokens you'll be able to purchase a badge.

- Farm Celestial Basin for Peaches (currency), you can exchange them for a badge and other useful items.

Once you reach enough ap to be accepted in a BT group, go for it.

Ofc don't burn yourself out by trying to do all at once, prioritize things depending on your available playtime. And don't forget to have fun :p .

On 11/16/2017 at 12:50 AM, Hazzie said:

Unfortunately there's no fast lane (apart from irl cash investment I guess) in this game so for now, you should drop the idea of BT/ToE. Focus on your weapon and accessories.
Here's a quick overview that might help you:

- Do daily challenges. It provides you with some currency and solar energies, which you will most likely need for either gems or a badge. Having alts for dailies helps as you can trade some of the items bought with solar energies (energies themselves aren't tradeable).

- Try running DT/NF/NS as much as possible for legendaries. Finding a DT group might not be a problem and often people don't need the necklace anymore so you can get it for free. Same goes for the belt from NF. As for running NF/NS, until you boost your AP somewhat you might have difficulties getting a party, or you'll get a slower party. The only solution to that is probably joining a clan where people can help you.

- Do daily MSP and try to get the SS asap. They provide better bonuses than purple SS from dungeons and are a good starting point before you focus on feathers for the raven set (or get them dropped in BT).

- For cheaper crit infusions for your MSP SS and later raven set you can join the Soul Wardens and craft the primers yourself. The crit infusions will provide you with 5-6k crit and will generally boost your dps a lot. 

- Try to collect entry tickets for Tower of Infinity daily (2 per day) and use them to farm Tokens. With tokens you'll be able to purchase a badge.

- Farm Celestial Basin for Peaches (currency), you can exchange them for a badge and other useful items.

Once you reach enough ap to be accepted in a BT group, go for it.

Ofc don't burn yourself out by trying to do all at once, prioritize things depending on your available playtime. And don't forget to have fun :p .

Thank you so much for all the tips! I currently have the purple Ancestral SS set. Are there different types of badges to get? I'm not used to the whole pet/soul/badge stuff quite yet; are there any badges in particular I should be aiming for in short/long term? Last question, what are the main differences between flame and lightning BM nowadays?

Your choice of elements will determine which badges you will want to get.  For BM fire I use Magnum soul and Pulse mystic.  There are several choices for soul badges but keep in mind that you will eventually want to combine your choice with the Transcendence badge to create the legendary version.  Here is a Link to page that shows you your choices.  You can also look at the various ss there along with their stats.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:02 PM, Deadly Intent said:

Your choice of elements will determine which badges you will want to get.  For BM fire I use Magnum soul and Pulse mystic.  There are several choices for soul badges but keep in mind that you will eventually want to combine your choice with the Transcendence badge to create the legendary version.  Here is a Link to page that shows you your choices.  You can also look at the various ss there along with their stats.

Do you run flame or lightning?

Fire takes much less attention for rotation, letting you look at the boss the whole time, and performs better with lower fps/ping as well as is better for low-geared players. With top gear they get closer and closer together. Right now the difference in builds is only 30k dps for me (alone F12) and i haven't got VT gear yet. Though BM does become quite build-friendly with the bracelet, 24 s CD on V (FoB) and transcendence badge for maximum uptime of Conflagration/Fulmination.

A lot of what you should get has already been mentioned, I personally strongly recommend trying to find a good clan. In ours, for example, we don't bid for BT gear anymore since very few people need it, so newcomers get their gear quite quickly and cheap, too.

Oh and one point Hazzie mentioned can make a huge difference depending on how much time you have: "Do daily challenges. It provides you with some currency and solar energies, which you will most likely need for either gems or a badge. Having alts for dailies helps as you can trade some of the items bought with solar energies".

Assuming you're ~ fresh story level, solar energies traded for gems will be quite the AP boost for you

Archived