Sign in to follow this  
ARC-1276

A request from your consumers:

Recommended Posts

ARC-1276   

So after pouring in as much money as I did to buying YOUR RNG box, the only thing I could have asked for from it was the wings, anything else was a side benefit. So I got to opening them, keeping in mind that if I got a hold of 100 Maple leaves I could at least get the wings even if it didn't drop from the boxes. Then I saw that the leaves were an RNG drop too. Thinking that the Leaves would be a high RNG chance, I went through with it anyway. I was thinking "there's no way they're gonna scam me out of my money."

 

about 65 boxes later and not only did I not get the wings but I ended out with a disappointing 12 Maple Leaves. If it was 50 Maple leaves or maybe even 40, I would have thought that the box was fair-ish (Because let's be honest, hiding the Maple Leaves behind an RNG is just wrong in the first place).

 

So not only am I disappointed but I am also completely empty handed. I then took to the forums seeing if anyone had a similar issue and found that not only was I not the only one, but I was a part of the rule: You will not get the Wings.

 

From what I've seen, the chances of getting the Wings have been somewhere between extremely rare to impossible. With a survey showing it to be somewhere around .1% chance of getting it. 

 

So my request is pretty simple, so simple, that not even the Publishers could screw this up: Show us the odds!

 

For the next or current RNG box, I want to know the odds of getting every RNG item in there. Along with that I want to be able to see the chances of me getting any RNG item in the game. If you can't do the second part, at least do the first part. 

 

If you reply with "We're not allowed to." Not only would I ask why, but I will also assume that you can't because you don't want to. Because if you're selling a product with a fair chance of getting a mere cosmetic, you probably wouldn't be hiding the actual numbers, now would you? If the chances were something insanely low, then you would do everything in your power to avoid talking about it.

 

I'm also assuming there will be a potential ban or suspension from the Forums, or the thread I just created will be locked. I don't care, it'll merely prove my point for me. Please show me that the developers and publishers are working to make a proper and fair game that shows us what we're buying before we buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You must be a fun person to have as a Customer at a Casino.

 

"Hey, I diden't win the biggest jackpot you have.. I expected to win it, because i spent money and pulled the lever, So fix your defected machines or atleast write on them how high chance there is to get the jackpot"

Edited by Draknalor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuicyBH   

People are like broken records in this forum, repeat the "oh i don't know about the rate, let me guess it's not going to be bad right?" victim card.

 

the rate has been leaked on reddit prior to today. People need to either start checking reddit which is better source or simply be patient and wait for people's result.

 

NCsoft did not scam anyone, you chose to do the rng box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xInikox   

I agree with the fact that they should at LEAST list the percentages. 

 

But because they don't, it's your responsibility and decision as a player to decide whether or not you will spend your money, and how much. Like you repeatedly said, it's RNG. If the chances are low, it's going to remain under that <10% each box. My advice, scope the forums or research a bit since sometimes people post the percentages before buying. It's an RNG event, nothing is promised or guaranteed except the companies profit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prepare for an onslaught of baddies telling you how it's YOUR FAULT for participating in an event for a game you enjoy. "STOP COMPLAINING" and "CHECK REDDIT" and "YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER" are the typical bullshit responses your fellow gamers will give you. Will they help you protest? No. Will they make sure to warn next years batch of newbies? No. They'll be here with their condescending smug responses about as helpful as a blind person giving directions. What makes it worse is, this is the most anti consumer a company can get without breaking any laws. It's totally your fault for falling for it though (sarcasm). A good con artist wouldn't be a con artist if he didn't claim a few victims.

 

I wonder how this would work for people who didn't know cigarette's give you health issues, i mean...back in the day they didn't put warnings on the label. Guess it's those damn smokers fault right? Even better, depression medicine that actually makes you worse. guess people should have done their research right? Oh but this is different....it's just a game....a cheap and easy way to con people into spending a large amount of money without knowing they're chances are next to no existent. My metaphorical middle finger to all of you. have a nice day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xInikox   
2 minutes ago, Enemy Silence said:

Prepare for an onslaught of baddies telling you how it's YOUR FAULT for participating in an event for a game you enjoy. "STOP COMPLAINING" and "CHECK REDDIT" and "YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER" are the typical bullshit responses your fellow gamers will give you. Will they help you protest? No. Will they make sure to warn next years batch of newbies? No. They'll be here with their condescending smug responses about as helpful as a blind person giving directions. What makes it worse is, this is the most anti consumer a company can get without breaking any laws. It's totally your fault for falling for it though (sarcasm). A good con artist wouldn't be a con artist if he didn't claim a few victims.

well damn lmao

I agree that they should give a fair warning and list the percentages that way customers can be aware of what they're purchasing and the chances. I can also agree that maybe they can slightly increase the chances on some items.

Of course though, anyone who enters an RNG event should be aware nothing is promised. If the percentage for an item is <0.5%, that does not increase with the amount of boxes you purchase. It remains that percentage with each box. Yes, you have the right to ask for warnings or percentage labels or possibly an increase. But no one forced you to buy the boxes, you willingly spent your money knowing it's an RNG item. It's unfortunate that you didn't get what you wanted, but you went into this knowing that was a possibility. The only thing worth spending money on are trove events. Take this as a lesson, and decide whether or not you will continue to play/purchase from NCSoft. Can't be refunded since the customer was aware it's an RNG event, so there's not much you can do aside from suggesting percentage chances being visible or increasing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TRUST ME! the last thing i want is a refund. I definitely got my money's worth. Why? because, i paid 100 bucks that ended up saving me 10 to 20 times that amount in the future. NCSOFT is anti future company. I don't care if they ban me for saying it. The worst thing you can do is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off a person willing to give you thousands. Who does that? Name one person or business that's going to take a huge crap on their investors for pennies? I didn't even want the wings but when i tell you got got next to nothing i mean that i couldn't even upgrade a damn baleful stage 1 weapon with what i got for a 100 bucks without selling the materials or exchanging the leaves. Look at the loot list!! That's laughable as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khaen   

It's easy to surmise that future RNG boxes will have something similar to these following percentages, obviously with numbers unpublished.

soulstone crystal x1 
fortune potion x1
nothing [ 99.5% ]
elysian crystal bundle [ 0.1% ]
sacred crystal bundle [ 0.1% ]
moonstone crystal bundle [ 0.1% ]
soulstone crystal bundle [ 0.1% ]
sacred oil [0.01%]
cat costume [0.01%]
costume [0.01%]
wings [0.01%]
etc [0.01%]
 

Of course, everyone would go into it with eyes open, fully aware of the 'chances' of winning anything; because RNG boxes are equivalent to lottery tickets and gambling at casinos where you can calculate the percentage chance of winning based on given parameters.. /sarcasm

19 hours ago, JuicyBH said:

the rate has been leaked on reddit prior to today. People need to either start checking reddit which is better source or simply be patient and wait for people's result.

That's hilarious. Where did you think the 'leaked rate' on Reddit came from? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   

If you look at other posts/threads, some people got the wing by opening around 50 boxes. Some people even got 3 wings by opening around 150 boxes. Of course, some people never get the wing even they opened 300 boxes. It is RNG.

 

11 minutes ago, Khaen said:

It's easy to surmise that future RNG boxes will have something similar to these following percentages, obviously with numbers unpublished.

soulstone crystal x1 
fortune potion x1
nothing [ 99.5% ]
elysian crystal bundle [ 0.1% ]
sacred crystal bundle [ 0.1% ]
moonstone crystal bundle [ 0.1% ]
soulstone crystal bundle [ 0.1% ]
sacred oil [0.01%]
cat costume [0.01%]
costume [0.01%]
wings [0.01%]
etc [0.01%]
 

Of course, everyone would go into it with eyes open, fully aware of the 'chances' of winning anything; because RNG boxes are equivalent to lottery tickets and gambling at casinos where you can calculate the percentage chance of winning based on given parameters.. /sarcasm

That's hilarious. Where did you think the 'leaked rate' on Reddit came from? 

The 'leaked rate' was from Russia server. They have same event as us, but the box was up in HM store 1 day earlier than us. They calculated the % of each items based on over 1k+ boxes (I think). You can argue that the % of each item in Russia may be different than us here, but you can always wait for other people's post on what items they get and then decide if you want to gamble it or not.

 

It is not like the box will be up in HM store for only 1 day or something. You can always wait for other people or your clanmates/friends feedbacks rather it is worth to gamble on the boxes or not.

Edited by FrozenB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuicyBH   
57 minutes ago, Khaen said:

 

That's hilarious. Where did you think the 'leaked rate' on Reddit came from? 

Russian's BnS of the same event. I've also opened 568 boxes fully aware of the rate and got what I wanted. 

People have no right to complaint knowing this is an RNG box, they never guaranteed you anything. If you can't take the risk then don't gamble from the start.

 

 

Edited by JuicyBH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ARC-1276   

So basically the forums boil down to white knights defending NCsoft to it's last breath even with it's shady or down right con artist practices? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuicyBH   
17 minutes ago, ARC-1276 said:

So basically the forums boil down to white knights defending NCsoft to it's last breath even with it's shady or down right con artist practices? 

The logic applies to anything that involves RNG, not just ncsoft.

 

It applies to casino, applies to any mobile games with cash shop draw. 

 

It's just weird to compliant about random chance. The people that wasn't happy here are the ones expecting to get the best result after a minimum amount of effort or money. They just want everyone to be a winner. Sadly this is not how rng works.

 

This game is not for anyone with that mentality, up coming soul upgrade requires rng chance, same for pet. If people can't handle rng they shouldn't play this game.

 

I will do 1 more edit. There are things I personally hate about ncsoft too such as they are putting dragon fall on F10 tomorrow while it took me 1700 keys to finally crit proc it. But have I ever protest on forum? No, because it was my problem to continue gambling for a specific item.

 

People said it right, newer generation just wants to have everything by putting in the least amount of effort or money.

 

 

Edited by JuicyBH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ARC-1276   
7 minutes ago, JuicyBH said:

The logic applies to anything that involves RNG, not just ncsoft.

 

It applies to casino, applies to any mobile games with cash shop draw. 

 

It's just weird to compliant about random chance. The people that wasn't happy here are the ones expecting to get the best result after a minimum amount of effort or money. They just want everyone to be a winner. Sadly this is not how rng works.

 

This game is not for anyone with that mentality, up coming soul upgrade requires rng chance, same for pet. If peopel can't handle rng they shouldn't play this game.

But that's just plain old stupid. Why pay actual money for something that doesn't effect your game play experience in the first place? On top of that, why hide a cosmetic behind an RNG box that you have to pay big money for? At this point, I'd just simply say boycott the ever living Hell out of NCsoft until they change their business practice. This is an MMORPG, not a mobile game.

 

Is this seriously how bad the gaming industry is now? That the bar is set so low all a company has to do to make their game look good is provide a way to get cosmetics without an RNG box? 

 

 

Because that's dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuicyBH   
5 minutes ago, ARC-1276 said:

But that's just plain old stupid. Why pay actual money for something that doesn't effect your game play experience in the first place? On top of that, why hide a cosmetic behind an RNG box that you have to pay big money for? At this point, I'd just simply say boycott the ever living Hell out of NCsoft until they change their business practice. This is an MMORPG, not a mobile game.

 

Is this seriously how bad the gaming industry is now? That the bar is set so low all a company has to do to make their game look good is provide a way to get cosmetics without an RNG box? 

 

 

Because that's dumb.

I can't speak for others but having a rare cosmetic enhance my playing experience. It's a sense of accomplishment and a sense of feeling unique.

 

When Grand Phoenix is a simple $50 outfit where everyone has the ability to purchase, the uniqueness of it dies very quickly. I rarely see anyone wears it nowadays.

 

Lastly, many new games nowadays are targeting the p2w or pay to dress market. Look at CoD box, look at all the mobile phone gatcha games, look at star wars. Sadly this is how they make money over just selling a title.

Edited by JuicyBH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ARC-1276   

Okay but actually wanting a cosmetic and spending literally $100 and not getting it is by far the worst thing to have ever happen to me in this game.

 

On top of that, it's a cosmetic! It shouldn't be rare in the sense that you had to pour boat loads of money into the game to get it, it should be rare because you had to unlock it in game! You didn't actually earn the costume, you just won the lottery, even if you didn't want it in the first place. 

 

It's nothing short of the worst business practice NCsoft has done, ever.

 

Then there's the ridiculous price of $70 for 50 boxes...you need at least $140 to get 100 of those boxes and even then, the RNG is so low you're most likely not even going to get it anyway. Let alone the Maple Leaves.

Edited by ARC-1276

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JuicyBH   

Diamonds in real life are cosmetic and just basically a rock, and people spend hundreds or thousand for it on wedding because of the slogan "diamond is forever". Are people going to each jewelry store and protest? No.

 

There are raffles for cars or houses, if ones doesn't win, even if they bought a large sum of tickets, are they going to protest? No.

 

But all of a sudden this is different because the same situation happens in a video game. Where you are well aware you are paying real cash for digital items, and all of a sudden because this is a digital item, everyone who participate feels they are entitle to win.

 

I am not here to defend NCsoft, i am just here to defend the logic of buying any sort of rng products from any platform.

 

I agree the price of the box is high and I also agree the leaf rate should be higher, like 50%. Sure they can list the % but people will still be unhappy knowing it is 0.1% chance.

Edited by JuicyBH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Khaen   
2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

The 'leaked rate' was from Russia server. They have same event as us, but the box was up in HM store 1 day earlier than us. They calculated the % of each items based on over 1k+ boxes (I think). You can argue that the % of each item in Russia may be different than us here, but you can always wait for other people's post on what items they get and then decide if you want to gamble it or not.

I was trying to point out the irony of people laying into big spenders for buying RNG boxes while at the same time disregarding them being the ones to provide enough data from whence that foreknowledge of percentages originated. Lol, guess that failed abysmally. Thanks though, I was aware of the Reddit thread yesterday, but didn't know that it came from the Russian (p?)server. 

Edited by Khaen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

comparing diamonds with pixels is a good one tho *giggle* (if you get divorced) you bring that to a jewelery shop and just sell it and you ll get most of what s been paid back. so you can get money back from that pixels? you might try to sell your whole account maybe what is not allowed tho...

i really wanted those wings too but when i saw peoples rewards out of those boxes i didnt even think about buying a single one. instead of buying around 500+ boxes to get those pixel wings i d rather visit a jewelery shop and get that diamond ring *please*

btw you get the ingame diamond as well almost 3 times before you get the wings  ;D

nc soft you ve failed the cit.... oh dammit wrong movie :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this