Enemy Silence

I'm officially done spending money with NCSOFT

Recommended Posts

This event was the needle that broke the camels back. The drop rates are outlandishly anti consumer. This is borderline scamming. It's not a scam but it's borderline but one to learn from. The value you get for dropping any real cash is very similar if not worse to the value you get for watching your money disappear in a casino. Problem is, the casino gives you a chance at ACTUAL GAIN. I'm not going to ask for a refund or anything because i don't want my account closed. I'm not even going to ask for compensation because i'm mature enough to live with my decisions and learn from them. What i am going to do, is inform as many people as possible to not pay your company because not only did you screw premium accounts, you basically screw anyone that spends large amounts of money in this game.

 

I've been playing this game for roughly 3 months and spent roughly around 5k. Yes i work a job and have expendable cash. I still have enough money to vacation and take care of my responsibilities. The reason i'm telling you any of this is because i'm the type of person that keeps this game running. Do i expect to have the heaven's fall from the sky? NO but i do expect a reasonable trade off for the money i spent. What i don't understand is why you would rather have people spend money and hate it, then spend money and at least agree with it? I decided to limit myself to only 100 bucks this event. Nothing more because i wanted to test the waters. What did i get? next to nothing outside of 8 empyrean spirit stones and a bunch of other useless items. I didn't receive one oil, premium stone or anything that would actually help me at least upgrade 1 accessory, weapon, soul, pet NOTHING. 14 maple leaves i guess is the trade off deal here? 

 

long story short, you have a great game with a terrible team running it. good luck in the future....and fix your servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xInikox   

To be very honest, I do agree that it's somewhat borderline scamming. They do not list the percentage chances for each item in the box, so you go in blindly with a ton of money only to discover it's a waste. But of course, that's the catch with RNG. Just wish they listed the percentages so people would be more aware of the chances and could decide whether or not to blow money on this event. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Milennin   

Never trust RNG boxes. They're always in favour of the company selling them, never in favour of the thousands of players opening them (except for the 1-in-million guy that gets the best things on 1st opening).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The RNG itself is done poorly. They should factor those percentages in a trade of value. For the people that actually care about a cosmetic item like wings, they shouldn't be the most expensive things available. The gems have more lasting effect. My problem is, i spent 100 bucks POORLY. I didn't receive anything that would allow my to upgrade a stage 1 ring to a stage 2 ring. You know how laughable that is? I literally could have more progression if i would have NOT spent on this event. I could have a maxed out ring for 100 bucks. I could have the next tier in pet or soul for 100 bucks. You know what i got instead? a 70% loss seeing as if i tried to sell the 14 xanos discs, i'd get maybe 100 gold for them LOL. I could have sold the NC COIN for triple the profit. This was just enough of a kick in the ass to realize who's the fool here. Buyer's remorse doesn't fit the context. More like falling for a card trick from a guy that knows the REAL TRICK, was fooling you into betting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twai   

Do not buy RNG boxes if you are not willing to lose money. Wait for trove or literally any other event instead, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   

This game has been up for almost 2 years now and how many events with RNG boxes like this did we have before? People still blindly throw money into the RNG boxes and yet come here to complain about not getting the goodies from the boxes. 

 

Believe it or not, next time when there is a similar event like this, people will make similar topics on forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FrozenB said:

This game has been up for almost 2 years now and how many events with RNG boxes like this did we have before? People still blindly throw money into the RNG boxes and yet come here to complain about not getting the goodies from the boxes. 

 

Believe it or not, next time when there is a similar event like this, people will make similar topics on forum.

Did you read the part where i said i've been playing for roughly 3 months? And what do you mean "people like this"? Oh the ones that keep the game running?  The ones that actually support the company? The ones preventing the servers from closing and everyone fleeing back to FF14 or WoW? Yes i deserved to be laughed at. I'm laughing at myself. But i didn't see you make a "WARNING DON'T BUY RNG BOXES" thread this morning. But here you are to tell us the pan was hot AFTER we touched it and burned ourselves. How convenient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IHentaii   

the guy said he been playing the game for 3 months btw, so he didnt know the "RNG and Soul" the game does.
Next time dont buy RNG boxes thats how they are in this game, only trove makes it worth your time, but do not put any money in RNG boxes, i pay alot too but i never put in rng boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twai   
8 minutes ago, Enemy Silence said:

Did you read the part where i said i've been playing for roughly 3 months? And what do you mean "people like this"? Oh the ones that keep the game running?  The ones that actually support the company? The ones preventing the servers from closing and everyone fleeing back to FF14 or WoW? Yes i deserved to be laughed at. I'm laughing at myself. But i didn't see you make a "WARNING DON'T BUY RNG BOXES" thread this morning. But here you are to tell us the pan was hot AFTER we touched it and burned ourselves. How convenient.

People usually do research before buying something, especially when it comes to gambling on RNG boxes. Take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   

Why would I say "WARING DON'T BUY RNG BOXES"? It is just like after I lost money in a casino, will I shout "DON'T GAMBLE" out loud in the casino? Obviously no.

 

And where did you see "people like this"? You should take a cold shower because you are starting to see illusion here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rusa   

I wasn't gonna reply and watch the post burn, but I would like to just share something helpful. 

 

Usually, someone takes and makes a (rough) estimate for the rates of the boxes. 
Since I like to cash/buy boxes myself for the fun of it, I usually wait until someone does so. I noticed in the post before you wanted to know the rates, so here ya go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saksoy   

Someone that can spend 5k and still go on holiday cant be this salty. You clearly spent you life saving bro. Stop lying  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we all came to agreement a long time ago that the RnG events were all bad and only trove is worth spending money on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Synsear   

wow, I been in game for 4 days and on day one from surfing the forums I already knew how bad the random is in this game.  How you didn't notice in 3 months after almost 60 post than come here complaining about not knowing boggles me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me get this right. I shouldn't complain because this is just the way things are? gotcha! seems like a bright future BnS has. Enjoy the merged broken servers. I'm not too keen obviously but i can smell death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SalemK   

Lol people kill me when they tell others not to complain. What has actually gotten stuff done/improved in this game? Complaining, exactly. If no one complained about what NC is doing, matter of fact anything that goes on in the world then nothing would ever be changed. However, I will say that rng boxes/events are the worst and you definitely shouldn't be spending money on them. Everyone posts a lot about if it's worth buying rng boxes or not on bns reddit.

Edited by SalemK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the game events are getting ridiculous from Halloween, now this one is such a bullshit even maple leaves are rng, that octan gem requires 130 leaves for exchanging, so i guess it needs at least to open10000 plentiful crates to get that amount of leaves, maybe this event should be called as painful or pitiful event, but whales dont care about spent that much money, and nc doesnt worry about the income from this event

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, next time, you should go on Blade & Soul sub reddit to gather some info (about the drop rates) before buying these RNG boxes. The info about this box has been out for a few days now (a guy took screenshot of it from B&S Russia). You didn't know about it this time so you took a hit there. Just do be careful next time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beleth   

"I'm never going to spend money on this game" 

 

Ahh... the sweet lie we tell ourselves until they put another very fancy set of items in one of those cash grabs and we blindly throw money at it and in worse case scenario there's always the forum where we can share our threats and frustration until next fancy cash grab event. 

 

This is to all displeased people.

 

Aren't you guys tired? The moment you press the purchase button it's ON YOU! The only time you have a right to complain is if they promised you a guaranteed item and you didn't get. If there's 100% to get an item and you didn't get! When you're buying RNG box nobody is giving you 100% success rate so nobody owes you a thing! Now get back to work and save up till the next event because we all know you're going to make one of those "opening 1000 event boxes" video.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Beleth said:

"I'm never going to spend money on this game" 

 

Ahh... the sweet lie we tell ourselves until they put another very fancy set of items in one of those cash grabs and we blindly throw money at it and in worse case scenario there's always the forum where we can share our threats and frustration until next fancy cash grab event. 

 

This is to all displeased people.

 

Aren't you guys tired? The moment you press the purchase button it's ON YOU! The only time you have a right to complain is if they promised you a guaranteed item and you didn't get. If there's 100% to get an item and you didn't get! When you're buying RNG box nobody is giving you 100% success rate so nobody owes you a thing! Now get back to work and save up till the next event because we all know you're going to make one of those "opening 1000 event boxes" video.

 

 

Hey now, there's no need to call out the displeased people like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morons, there nothing else to say, it's suppose to be little thank you from your side and something in return. Insted "I bought cow with no milk in it". Maybe you from other game and its just spam? Whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   

First off:

 

The rng box is not scamming because it clearly states it does not guarantee any of the rewards so by buying it its at your own risk. So stop flaming ncsoft for "scamming players" , you better flame yourself for being dumb enough to buy a box knowing the rates are bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tehs   

hi i play this game for 3 months, in this 3 months i haven't noticed this games RNG , at this event im just blindly going to throw money at it without doing research of what might be potential drop %'s for the items i want BUT i didn't make a profit so here i am crying on forums.

-you're not keeping this game alive you just think that and because of that you think that you are entitled to something, you could have atleast waited a few days before spending $$ on RNG boxes, ask around in your clan/faction or look on forums what other people get. tehlel@disguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightFer   

I dont know about you, but I got double the investment I made from the boxes alone. So you are either extremely unlucky, or you are just here for the drama :D. Ofc those boxes are rng and nothing in there is guaranteed. % doesnt matter at all because the more the item values, the less % you get.

 

And no, you are not the one who sponsors the game. If you spent 5k a month you may be considered sponsoring 1 person from the whole NC team, but not the game at all. Costs for maintaining a server are far greater than your miserable 5k :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tehs said:

hi i play this game for 3 months, in this 3 months i haven't noticed this games RNG , at this event im just blindly going to throw money at it without doing research of what might be potential drop %'s for the items i want BUT i didn't make a profit so here i am crying on forums.

-you're not keeping this game alive you just think that and because of that you think that you are entitled to something, you could have atleast waited a few days before spending $$ on RNG boxes, ask around in your clan/faction or look on forums what other people get. tehlel@disguy

Did you come up with that yourself or did you just rehash all the other posts saying the same talking points? No, i'm genuinely curious if you actually believe what you're saying is the first time in this thread, that angle has been approached? Crying on forums? If me admitting my mistake and displeasure is tantamount to crying then shall i kindly take spiked pipe to poop hole and smile. Maybe my feedback may be useful? One rule of business is, every penny counts. Customer satisfaction may be too conservative for your current progressive yet regressive views.

 

In my day, you treat repeat customers like small investors. The more small investors you have, the more constant flow of income you receive. If your attempt at milking money makes your investors not want to invest, HOW WOULD YOU KNOW, if they never complain? See the logic there? Does simple logic like that make sense to you? Do i need to repost this a few times so you can come to an conclusion like the conclusion you came up with when you posted? What's wrong with being a little entitled? I said myself "i don't expect the heaven's to fall from the sky" but i'd like a little foreplay before you ram it in? Is that too much to ask? Please do me a favor and go trip down a flight of stairs! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.