Taybat

Returning player and I'm struggling to catch up

Recommended Posts

Taybat   

So I played bns when it first came out. Decided to come back for fun and to finish the story. My main is level 43. I understand there is a new gearing system while you level. But I don't seem to be getting any new gear or soul stones as I'm questing really. And I am dying SUPER EASILY. It's clear I'm undergeared I just have no idea what kind of weapons, accessories,or soul shields I should have? Please help I rather not have to delete her and start over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theirin   
6 minutes ago, Taybat said:

So I played bns when it first came out. Decided to come back for fun and to finish the story. My main is level 43. I understand there is a new gearing system while you level. But I don't seem to be getting any new gear or soul stones as I'm questing really. And I am dying SUPER EASILY. It's clear I'm undergeared I just have no idea what kind of weapons, accessories,or soul shields I should have? Please help I rather not have to delete her and start over.

Apparently it's easier/better to completely start over due to many changes that have happened, it's like a completely new game (apparently)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taybat   
Just now, Theirin said:

Apparently it's easier/better to completely start over due to many changes that have happened, it's like a completely new game (apparently)

 

I rather not have to do that considering how far I'm in now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theirin   
1 minute ago, Taybat said:

I rather not have to do that considering how far I'm in now.

I've recently came back, my highest was level 41 and I felt so lost due to the new equipment and different skills, re-made my character and it seems to be much easier now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taybat   

the new system confuses me. can seem to fuse soul shields. or upgrade weaps or accesories. So what is the point of this leveling equipment we still get? are we supposed to keep till level cap? Or just sell it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You get Weapon, soul shield and acessories, During lvl up now. You get the weapon that you can upgrade at the very end of story (act 7)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taybat said:

the new system confuses me. can seem to fuse soul shields. or upgrade weaps or accesories. So what is the point of this leveling equipment we still get? are we supposed to keep till level cap? Or just sell it?

There is no point to anything until you are 50 and has completed story (Gotten your legendary weap) You get equiptment as you go through the story. The first acessories that you can upgrade are the legendary ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taybat   
Just now, Draknalor said:

You get Weapon, soul shield and acessories, During lvl up now. You get the weapon that you can upgrade at the very end of story (act 7)

Do I need to just start from the begining. Cause I'm currently undergeared where I am at now and I don't seem to be getting anything new while I'm leveling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Taybat said:

Do I need to just start from the begining. Cause I'm currently undergeared where I am at now and I don't seem to be getting anything new while I'm leveling.

What is your character name? and are you on NA or EU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taybat   

Like they should've sent returning players the gear and everything they need. This is so frustrating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taybat said:

NA, Talarea

You need to click "Salvage" on all your acessories and the weapon and you will get the new items for those slots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taybat   
Just now, Draknalor said:

You need to click "Salvage" on all your acessories and the weapon and you will get the new items for those slots.

Are you 100% positive on that? sounds wierd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taybat said:

Like they should've sent returning players the gear and everything they need. This is so frustrating

It says on the item tooltip what you get from salvage. Everything NCsoft does is weird.

Edited by Draknalor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xInikox   

I really suggest starting over for returning players. Leveling up is extremely easy now so you'll catch up within a few days or weeks, depends on your schedule. As for items, mail them to your Alt (the character you're creating to start over), that way you don't lose them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Riss77   

Just endure the story a couple of chapters to be up to date with story gear. It's especially the soul shieds from story that you need to not feel squishy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taybat   
7 hours ago, Riss77 said:

Just endure the story a couple of chapters to be up to date with story gear. It's especially the soul shieds from story that you need to not feel squishy.

 

8 hours ago, xInikox said:

I really suggest starting over for returning players. Leveling up is extremely easy now so you'll catch up within a few days or weeks, depends on your schedule. As for items, mail them to your Alt (the character you're creating to start over), that way you don't lose them. 

 

8 hours ago, Draknalor said:

It says on the item tooltip what you get from salvage. Everything NCsoft does is weird.

Another question. How does crafting work now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Onbekend   

Crafting hasn't changed much. They have deleted Merry Potters and the 7 gathering guilds, now you craft the required materials from the crafting guild you already have. So if you want to craft something with the Forgekeepers, you also have to craft the materials from the Forgekeepers. They also removed the 4th slot, meaning now you can only craft 3 different things at once, instead of 4. You can now change how much you want to craft, which also changes the time it takes to craft. For example craft 15 guild keys takes 6(?) hours, crafting 77 keys takes 24 hours. The guild keys I mentioned are used on material boxes, which you get from lvl 50 dungeons. You get the materials for the guild from which you used the key.

 

The basic process is still the same, tho. Go to any big city to get 2 guilds. Press L to open the crafting menu. Get the materials and start the craft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now