PC build for BnS?

Beleth

I've decided to get a new PC since the current one is really old now. I'm not really a hardcore PC gamer or play any other games on PC to be honest so I'm not looking for something crazy but I'd still like to have 60fps and max settings on Blade and Soul and run raids without freezes and crashes. So people that understand this stuff could you please suggest me what kind of PC i should get. My budget is 1000$ thanks in advance.

26 minutes ago, Dominator said:

only intel cpu for BnS , depend on money 7700k or new intel i5-8600k 6core or i7-8700k 6/12 + ssd + gtx 1060, better 1070 (TI) other you decide

I don't understand much about PC but don't you think that's overkill just to play BNS or mmorpg in general? Pretty much everyone recommended i5-6600 / GTX 970 / 250 GB SSD / RAM at least 8 GB and actually it's enough no need 16GB and so on. 

20 hours ago, Beleth said:

I've decided to get a new PC since the current one is really old now. I'm not really a hardcore PC gamer or play any other games on PC to be honest so I'm not looking for something crazy but I'd still like to have 60fps and max settings on Blade and Soul and run raids without freezes and crashes. So people that understand this stuff could you please suggest me what kind of PC i should get. My budget is 1000$ thanks in advance.

If you want to load fast into the game or dungeon, make sure the PC comes with SSD (solid state drive) for your Cdrive

Install only games that need fast load into that SSD cdrive. Other programs or files all to D drive.

dont take 970, take 1060 OC or AMP 6gb is 13% faster as 970, i change my 970 to 1060 amp and is more stable on all and 170w vs 120w )) ,

Recomand you to take a new intel i5-8600k+1060+ssd+8gb ram, on future just take add 8gb ram for other games (but i  take 2x8 kit better), (if have money for i7 then 8700k)

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-970-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2577vs3639

p.s. - is no sense to take olt intel now for money is best i5-8600k+1060 for all games in general and min 2-4 year play best will be or i5 8600k or i7 8700k with 1070 (TI) , 1080 - is money in wind

48 minutes ago, Dominator said:

dont take 970, take 1060 OC or AMP 6gb is 13% faster as 970, i change my 970 to 1060 amp and is more stable on all and 170w vs 120w )) ,

Recomand you to take a new intel i5-8600k+1060+ssd+8gb ram, on future just take add 8gb ram for other games (but i  take 2x8 kit better), (if have money for i7 then 8700k)

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-970-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2577vs3639

p.s. - is no sense to take olt intel now for money is best i5-8600k+1060 for all games in general and min 2-4 year play best will be or i5 8600k or i7 8700k with 1070 (TI) , 1080 - is money in wind

I decided to go with GTX 1060 3GB / 8 GB ram / SSD / i5 7500 

This should be much much better than my current ancient junk I have at the moment. 

Anyway, this topic can be closed, thank you all for your suggestions.

On 11/10/2017 at 5:09 PM, Beleth said:

I don't understand much about PC but don't you think that's overkill just to play BNS or mmorpg in general? Pretty much everyone recommended i5-6600 / GTX 970 / 250 GB SSD / RAM at least 8 GB and actually it's enough no need 16GB and so on. 

You can get smooth 90 fps with stuff as old as gtx 680. The deciding factor for your frames is the CPU. Single core performance, to be precise. This game stresses only two cores, which means three cores are more or less enough to run all background tasks while running BnS.

Here's what builds your performance when it comes to CPUs:

Single core performance - the number of transistors in a single core and their clock are more or less the representation of this factor;

L1/L2/L3 cache speed and accuracy - the faster their response time and accuracy the faster the math gets done;

general cache size - the more L3 cache the better. There is the rule of diminishing returns, since the bigger the cache the longer it takes to get the next in line chunk of data to compute;

PCIe lanes - the number of simultaneous data paths which the CPU can use in order to feed data to attachments mounted on the PCI express slots. If you have just one GPU, any cpu with 20+ lanes will be enough to run that GPU plus something like a PCIe x1 network card or audio card, etc. Most Intel i5 and i7 chips after the first generation, and the last generation of AMD chips, support at least 16 PCIe lanes, meaning they can drive any GPU of the PCI slot revision from their time to it's full extent;

Bus speed - the volume of data the CPU can push through the PCIe lanes. Pretty self explanatory. The more the merrier;

Memory bandwidth - the amount of data the CPU can send and get from the RAM. The higher the better;

These are the thins which matter for this game's performance. Hyper threading is of no use for BnS as the engine isn't written with this technology in mind. Being a 2012 release, it's safe to assume that development started somewhere in 2008-2009 and hyperthreading wasn't a thing back then. Also disabling it usually increases performance, since Windows thread scheduler does have the nasty habit of assigning tasks when it sees free cycles and it can assign a task to a secondary thread on a core used by BnS, which will result in delays.

You can squeeze solid frame rates from any GPU which has 100-120 Gtexels of texturing capacity and anything above 3,5 Gflops of raw math performance. A GTX 1060 is plenty for a 1080p monitor. If you want 144 Hz you might want to look at 1070 or rx580.

The only other thing which comes to mind is to get ram with relatively low timings. Check Tom's hardware for benchmarks and go from there. And don't buy budget motherboard. DO NOT BUY A BUDGET MOTHERBOARD! It doesn't have to be fancy with RGB and what not, look for reviews that accent on the part quality, High quality polymer capacitors are paramount for safety. High quality ressistors too. One of these getting perforated can lead to dead cap and then 3 or 5 volts directly to the CPU and that'll be it. So no dollar store Mobos xD

Archived