Male Fashion Issues

Onbekend

I could probably make a post on male fashion every week, but I especially don't understand this one. Why would I want a hole in my shirt to see my belly button? It doesn't even look cute, or funny. It looks weird and ridiculous. I don't know who keeps making a joke out of male outfits, but they need to be fired. Male mains want to dress nicely, too.

ng4v8x.png

Lol i never noticed that before on other players. Then again I hardly inspect anyone close up, usually go CTRL+F to avoid lagspikes. Isit for that particular outfit only or do you have more examples. If so then I would think twice on making a male character. That skin showing looks intentional thouhg, an avant garde touch.

1 hour ago, fruiteaterz said:

Lol i never noticed that before on other players. Then again I hardly inspect anyone close up, usually go CTRL+F to avoid lagspikes. Isit for that particular outfit only or do you have more examples. If so then I would think twice on making a male character. That skin showing looks intentional thouhg, an avant garde touch.

There's many more "questionable" choices they made in male fashion, will upload a few examples shortly. 

16 minutes ago, Valkit said:

just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's universally hated, not everything is going to cater for you.

i think the little claws on cold comfort are cute.

Maybe on lyn they're cute little claws. On jin and gon, however, they're huge uggs and the cute little claws are probably bigger than a lyn's minimum calf length. If it's not universally hated, tell me why I have never seen any male character wear Cold Comfort? No male character bought it, is my guess.

10 minutes ago, Riss77 said:

I saw a couple of times males Gon with gender bender dress, so there is a public for these kind of things, believe it or not.

Because those are joke outfits. Like the plog outfit, bronze brawn, sacred cow. Those are supposed to be jokes, but genuine jokes. Not supposed to be taken seriously, made and worn only for the lols. The uggs on Cold Comfort are a different joke. They're taking an outfit with a lot of potential, and turn it to shit. Cold Comfort on female is possible one of the greatest outfits, but they turned it into a joke on male, not for lols, just to trigger people who play male.

LOL at this topic. I agree 100%. I even changed my main char from male to female because of the lack of decent costumes. Male lyn has it even worse in some cases, those pantaloons.. Some costumes do look a lot better on lyn male though.

Performer - This thing looks incredibly scary on the muscled Jin and Gon. The shorts and sock garters are probably a nod at the main char in Kuroshitsuji set in Victorian England. Altho granted Ciel Phantomhive is a kid not an adult.

Secretkeeper - I'm pretty sure this is actually based on characters in a Chinese myth.. A immortal lady with a Lotus Lantern and the useless pervert scholar who married her.

2 hours ago, Onbekend said:

Maybe on lyn they're cute little claws. On jin and gon, however, they're huge uggs and the cute little claws are probably bigger than a lyn's minimum calf length. If it's not universally hated, tell me why I have never seen any male character wear Cold Comfort? No male character bought it, is my guess.

Some male outfits do have questionable design choices, but I love cold comfort on my male lyn. He's been wearing it since it came out.

47 minutes ago, Khaen said:

Secretkeeper - I'm pretty sure this is actually based on characters in a Chinese myth.. A immortal lady with a Lotus Lantern and the useless pervert scholar who married her.

That does make it less random

32 minutes ago, Valkit said:

Some male outfits do have questionable design choices, but I love cold comfort on my male lyn. He's been wearing it since it came out.

It looks good on lyn, yeah. Probably some male lyns bought it. But I don't think anyone even considered it for a slight moment, for their male jin/gon.

12 hours ago, Onbekend said:

few more examples of absolute jokes

2943xcm.png

hs6jpw.png

9bm51t.png

2zji72b.png

t8nbb9.png

28vu60x.png

sd01tt.png

2cwk55s.png

Sorry for not knowing if there's a way to take a "partial quote" here, but the part I wanted to reference is the very bottom, where the TWO cosmetic items for the head/hair have the same exact graphic. Last Summer, I made a post about how these two items were identical, graphically, and it never got addressed. It's this way on the male Gon too, and I'm wanting to say it's this way on male Lyn.

Anyway, I agree with you on a lot of these outfits looking pretty silly, but that's also why I, like so may other people, have a bigger collection with female character cosmetics than I do for male characters. These designs aren't always better on females, though, mind you. Like with "Dreamcutter", an older outfit, it looks awesome on Gon males, and kind of gives them a "Castlevania" feel to them. On a female character, I love all the details and colors on it, but I HATE the slutty "underboob" part of the half-shirt monstrosity she's forced to wear. If it wasn't for the dumb underboob part of the outfit, it would've been one of my favorite outfits in the game, to this day. Now, I don't bother to wear it, because even with my Gon female's boob slider AT the ZERO mark, her chest looks so much more gigantic with that outfit on, and there's no way someone wearing that much material would just want their parts being in constant danger of popping out in the heat of battle, or just normal, everyday movement, in general.

On Gon males, I think "Rough Customer" looks awesome. I like some of the silk or "Hawaiian" shirts in this game on male Gons, but it's such a tasteless outfit for a female Gon to wear. The rose tattoo on the leg would've been tolerable, but I hate all the other tattoos because it looks trashy to me.

(These are just MY opinions on these outfits, so don't get bent out of shape if you don't like MY opinions and have opposing opinions of your own. People on here are so touchy that you can't ask the way to Jadestone Village without someone biting your head off like you're some Nazi, threatening to throw a grenade into a box of cute kittens.)

5 hours ago, Shunaia said:

Anyway, I agree with you on a lot of these outfits looking pretty silly, but that's also why I, like so may other people, have a bigger collection with female character cosmetics than I do for male characters. These designs aren't always better on females, though, mind you. Like with "Dreamcutter", an older outfit, it looks awesome on Gon males, and kind of gives them a "Castlevania" feel to them. On a female character, I love all the details and colors on it, but I HATE the slutty "underboob" part of the half-shirt monstrosity she's forced to wear. If it wasn't for the dumb underboob part of the outfit, it would've been one of my favorite outfits in the game, to this day. Now, I don't bother to wear it, because even with my Gon female's boob slider AT the ZERO mark, her chest looks so much more gigantic with that outfit on, and there's no way someone wearing that much material would just want their parts being in constant danger of popping out in the heat of battle, or just normal, everyday movement, in general.

(you can partial quote by simply clicking on what you've quoted and backspacing what you don't need (not sure if same works for images tho))

Agreed, while it's easier to look more stylish on female, it's difficult to do so without looking slutty. Some of males best outfits, like Back to school, Risky business, Class act (and their reskins) are all heavily sluttified on female. Some female outfits don't even have legwear to begin with, like Promise, Woodland padded coat, and Temptation (they also don't have a dress/skirt). And then there's the massive supply of dresses/skirts which don't even cover 10% of the thighs.

23 minutes ago, Milennin said:

It's no worse than the many female outfits with random holes in them. I honestly don't see the problem...

Mind giving examples equally as random as a hole made only to show the belly button? As said before, this hole is in no way cute, funny, or sexy. It is weird, ridiculous, and goes against physics. There's other outfits, like Chronicle and Soulmate, also showing skin in the lower torso area. Those are acceptable and can be percieved as sexy, by some. But a hole made to show only the belly button? I think the most desperate virgin would call that weird and ridiculous, even on a female outfit.

Archived