My Orb, My Loot

Lyserg

6 hours ago, Ayea said:

Basically I only see greed speaking up here. No one told both items are of same worth, it is not ofc, but it is gambling, you buy the chance of some shiny loot, for the pretty rare case it drops. Most of the time, esp. at CS second boss, thing end with a worthless pile of crap and I still wait till someone got the idea to refund the costs of the orb =)

This is also why I gladly join moml runs, I don't have luck gambling, I lost close to 200g on that fking event merchant gambling item.

Who is greedy? Me? Dude, I don't go to MOML advertised dungeons precisely because of the attitude of the OP. When I run Mandate and CS (which is everyday) it's always MY orb, and ANYONE can bid. That seems to be the opposite of greedy, which I would define as expecting to get an 85g item for 2.5g.

Did the OP actually BUY the orb, or did they get it for FREE from a drop from their own loot box? I get about one free orb a week and I buy the rest and yet despite the cost, I don't expect that any high value items should be mine by the virtue of the fact that I can use F5.

I'm not condoning people who enter MOML dungeons and free for all bid, because entering was agreeing, bit I sure am not going to condone the OP's position. I wil always believe that high value items are a free for all and the OP was compensated by whatever gold they received or the pet pod they won for less than market.

I'm 50 - 50 on this.

I understand the logic, you provide the "key" to "open" the dungeon and we let you have anything that drops no questions asked, I mean it's a fair deal, even if you got the orb from the chest so that would make it free... it's yours.

But when a pet pod drops or pet and the value jumps at 100gold then that thing makes it tricky and a lot of people don't feel like it's fair, myself included and you can call me what you want, it's my logic.

I decided to put the orb a lot of times and I saw the pet pod once, but I did not get angry on the fact that people started to bid on it, I understood the value of the orb and the value of the pod,  I got the pouch free, yes. and the pod went up to 85 gold, now  as another person stated above you got your value back from the amount of gold it was spend on the pod. I find that as a win.

It's not that hard to understand the logic here, if the orb goes for 2 gold or even 5, yes you will not get your money back from just a pouch, but who says your not ?   If the puch opens up and you get a moon crystal or orb crystal you get your money back just from that. plus a few silver on the side, so I would say it's still fair. and I would say that you still get your gold back... since a damn moonstone is 4/5 gold. and a orb is 13g.   

So who's the greedy one here ? expecting to get 100 gold as well on top of it.

I understand the logic here and that's why I decided to solo the 2 dungeons, I join a party in F8 . since I'm lazy to teleport, I leave the party and go in solo, it takes a few seconds to solo it.  both of the dungeons ( storage might take a bit longer .. 1 minute ) . 

Let's be real here, you get your money back from the pouch . that most people 80% pass.

To be honest I agree 100% with the OP. If someone has a white orb that had not just dropped from Winter Mane, and they used it to spawn Kaari Lord for the party. Then it is just common courtesy to let that person have all the loot. This person gave you access and the ability to even fight this boss, so why would you decide to take their loot on top of it? It doesn't matter if a 100 gold item drops or not, it is their orb. If you all are complaining about the cost of a white orb vs the cost of a pet pod, then you all need to take a second look at yourselves, cause greed is getting the best of you. 

On 11/7/2017 at 7:54 PM, KurooSakura said:

What you get is the worth of one White Orb, a pet pod is worth way more than that, so its understandable that they'd bid on it. 

If the orb user doesn't use the orb, there will be no pet pot. So it IS his orb his loot and you are not the one to decide what loot is "his" loot. Don't forget that both orb dungeons can be done solo and you're literally there to piggy back for exp, even if you provide damage. Afterall no orb, no damage. It's that simple.

@Alkaa Actually you're not "allowing" the orb user to have the drop (you don't have such right when you didn't provide orb), you're being allowed to do the boss. There's a mountain sized difference between the two. If an orb for 5g is worth it, then buy orbs and use them. If you agree to piggy back, you'll have to take responsibility for your decision to enter that party and every requirement that is being put in place to allow you to join. In short, you don't have an orb so you don't get to decide anything xD

45 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

1) If you have an orb, use it and solo the dungeon. It is how simple it is. If you can't solo, just ask a clanmate or friend to help you. Then, you will never be afraid of not getting your loots.

I personally used to do moml runs out of pure charity. Both HM and CS can be soloed with a character fresh out of the story and asura SS. It's literally impossible to be unable to solo it, even as FM. So the entire moml thing has been leaning on the notion of charity ever since first raven patch. But ever since the pet pots started appearing as drops, I have a hard time seeing honorable people joining moml runs. You let them join out of the goodness of your heart, so they can harvest that exp and they reward you by ignoring your rules. It's ridiculous xD

@MassiveEgo  that's true... by that logic, if I provide the orb I get the full loot... you don't have the orb.. you can't even join... so it's true and your logic is sound... but the problem here is that the orb is not rare to get... I for one had around 120 .. now around 80/90 so that's the only bump in the road on your logic.

If they were rare.. people would respect the rule but since it's fast to get.. then people maybe already have the orb and find themselfs cheated.... plus some people rush to add the orb just to get the loot and in the hopes of a pet pod to drop... so.. that would be another bump in the road.

A simple fix for this is for people to solo it like most of us... and all problems go away

4 hours ago, Alkaa said:

@MassiveEgo  that's true... by that logic, if I provide the orb I get the full loot... you don't have the orb.. you can't even join... so it's true and your logic is sound... but the problem here is that the orb is not rare to get... I for one had around 120 .. now around 80/90 so that's the only bump in the road on your logic.

If they were rare.. people would respect the rule but since it's fast to get.. then people maybe already have the orb and find themselfs cheated.... plus some people rush to add the orb just to get the loot and in the hopes of a pet pod to drop... so.. that would be another bump in the road.

A simple fix for this is for people to solo it like most of us... and all problems go away

Actually there's no bump. No orb, no boss. Meaning everything that happens after the orb is used goes according to what the orb provider says. If someone doesn't like it, the market for orbs is literally waiting for them. Just cause it's cheap doesn't really change anything due to the simple reality that they're not paying ANYTHING for the run. They get in there, get their daily quest done, get the exp. All that's required for them to do, is to swing at the boss for 10-20 seconds. If they can't settle with just quest+exp rewards for being granted entry, then moml runs are not for them. There's no honor in ignoring the conditions of a spoken contract.

On 11/17/2017 at 6:06 PM, MassiveEgo said:

Actually there's no bump. No orb, no boss. Meaning everything that happens after the orb is used goes according to what the orb provider says. If someone doesn't like it, the market for orbs is literally waiting for them. Just cause it's cheap doesn't really change anything due to the simple reality that they're not paying ANYTHING for the run. They get in there, get their daily quest done, get the exp. All that's required for them to do, is to swing at the boss for 10-20 seconds. If they can't settle with just quest+exp rewards for being granted entry, then moml runs are not for them. There's no honor in ignoring the conditions of a spoken contract.

you are wrong.

If I'm 500 ap . then that means I can't clear the boss alone .. thus I need help.

Any 700 ap player can clear it SOLO ... no questions asked.

If you decide to invite other people and provide the orb then you are asking for help with the DPS to clear it faster thus the "rule" is ignored from the very start... if people want to let you have to loot fine. if not .. go do it alone.

As I said .. any 700 can clear it easy... no questions asked .. if you provide the orb and ask the for the loot then in the end your just abusing the orb and the loot.  let's be real.. your asking for 1000 ap people or 900 to clear it FOR YOU .. AND get the loot... people are NICE enough to give you the pouch.. but asking for the Ped pod as well when you can't clear it alone is crap and childish .

That's why I only do it solo.

Let's not defend low geared people .. when they can solo it.... you don't like it doing it in 5 minutes ? Fine . then share the loot.

I just had CS run where orb dropped, dude that got it went AFK... so I used the orb I still had.

Guess what? AFK dude comes back and starts bidding on the loot. I ended up not getting the loot, because he kept bidding.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing hate people like that.

Putting ethics aside for a moment, I think this topic needs a little lesson in math. and common sense.

You say orb giver shouldn't get pod  when it drops since pod>orb. While that may be true in an isolated incident, there are two facts we must consider:

1] In the vast majority of runs, the loot one will get from Mandate\Kaari is worth little to nothing, meaning using the orb will almost always result in losing gold. What many seem to forget is that the loss accumulates. Someone who consistently gives orb will consistently lose gold. 

2] Getting the white orb means spending time. time is gold and all that..
Also, Zaiwei Ruins is often empty and is not so quick and easy to solo.
>So an orb isn't worth a pod. but the X orbs the person used in the past and got nothing, plus the time he used to get them, likely are worth a pod.

*Using pod as an example. point stands for anything of good value that drops from Mandate\Kaari. if there is such a thing..

On 8/11/2017 at 1:18 PM, MasterYoda said:

mhm do what i do bid on orb if it drops then just afk for hours untill they leave :D

It not only pisses people off but its funny to see angry comments in pt after you return to game and u get to solo the boss or ask a friend to join and u can share loot that way u both win and have fun, instead of you know random people stealing your loot because they are greedy.

@Meredi@newbiez Was it this charmer?
MasterYoda, how can I greet you within the boundaries of CoC..
I hope you get nothing but dumplings and potions at every daily spin you do :D

Archived